Chapter 32

Coincidental or Intentional?

“Jiyun ah! I seriously can’t stand that Hye Jin anymore!” MinAe started whining once she stepped foot into the office, making everyone turn towards her. “She’s the number one person on my ‘to assassinate’ list!”

 

Jiyun looked up from her late breakfast and showed her a guilty looking smile. “What has she done this time?”

‘I feel bad for throwing her on the front line to deal with Hye Jin...’

 

“She has been complaining about the constant changes on her script! She’s also upset at some of the changed scenes, like... let me quote directly from her, ‘Look at the change in scene 75! It’s going to affect the whole flow of the story in the subsequent scenes!’ Oh please spare me from those fake professionalism, everyone knows it’s the kiss scene in scene 75!”

 

“Well, she just lost the chance to have a passionate kiss with the most irresistible yet eligible bachelor around, of course she would be complaining. Let her, she’ll get over it soon!” Jiyun chuckled and pointed to the muffins on her desk, “Want some muffins to calm yourself?”

 

“Hmmph! At least she gets to kiss him in any case. I would have ripped that scene out if it were me.” MinAe puffed her cheeks in annoyance, walking over to grab a muffin while making herself comfortable on the nearby chair. “Tell me truthfully Jiyun, did you do those massive changes to her script on purpose?”

 

Jiyun choked slightly on her sandwich. “MinAe, you know... those words may get me into trouble with our boss.”

 

“I don’t think he minds, i’m pretty sure he’s on our side for this. He’s already regretting his choice in casting her for the drama. You should have seen the look on his face this morning at the filming site when she threw her daily dose of fit.”

 

“I thought you guys should be immuned to her by now? Anyway, haven’t we already met a lot of celebrities like that?”

 

“Jiyun,” MinAe replied exasperatedly, shaking her head. “Whatever you had to endure during your university days with her, please add the torture by a hundred times.” She left her palm hovering over her forehead, “Actually, if you could, please amend her script even more. I’d like it if you can cut down on her scenes and lines, or a premature death would be ideal!”

 

Jiyun started giggling to herself, folding the now empty sandwich paper up before chucking it into the brown paper bag that once held her sandwich and coffee. “MinAe, we all know that she is going to survive in the drama. All the way till the end, remember?”

 

MinAe rolled her eyes. “Then let her go into a coma up until the last episode.”

 

Jiyun started laughing, to which MinAe groaned in annoyance before asking, “Seriously, don’t you want to do that as well?”

 

Jiyun glanced back at her with a blank look. “Seriously? Throwing professionalism aside, i would have let her get killed by the kidnapper when she was young.”

 

MinAe started laughing out loud, of which she had to later clutch her stomach in pain from all the laughing. “That means Hye Jin wouldn’t even get a scene!”

 

Jiyun merely shrugged. “This is a work of fiction. All of the characters and events portrayed in this drama are either products of the scriptwriter’s imagination or are used fictitiously.”

 

 

 

“Boss, do you think this meeting will last for a long time?” Jiyun whispered, looking at her handphone at the same time as if waiting for someone to reply. “Because i’ve got something on in the late afternoon...”

 

Her boss took a sip of the tea that the secretary had brought in to the conference room. “I don’t think it’s going to take up too much time. CEO Lee did mentioned that it will be a quick chat for the whole MV concept. He just wants to make sure that the MV concept can be in line with their whole packaging for Sunggyu.”

 

“It’s too sudden though...” Jiyun muttered.


Shortly after she had the chat with MinAe, her boss had walked out of his office to inform her that Mr Lee requested to meet them for a discussion. He had gone through the rough draft of the MV storyline that Jiyun had thought up, and wanted to have a more in depth meeting about it.

So there she was 30 minutes later, at Woollim Entertainment.

 

“I think we would prefer a homemade dinner rather that eating out like you suggested. Don’t worry, i don’t suppose the meeting will take long. I’ll pull some of the guys to shop for the ingredients with me, just send over the list!” Jaejoong replied.

 

She grinned before replying, “Thanks Jaejoong, i was supposed to be the host and yet i made you guys help out with the dinner...”

 

“It’s alright, i’m very sure that GiKwang will be more than happy to help. He has always been interested in cooking anyway. Just concentrate on your work and give me a call when you’re done! We could probably drop by Woollim to pick you up... that’s if you’re early.”

 

“Deal!”

Jiyun giggled, putting her phone back on the table. That is when she noticed a few people making their way into the room.

 

“Hi Mr Lee!” Her boss suddenly stood up to greet the first guy that came in. Jiyun followed suit.

 

“Hi Mr Jang!” Mr Lee greeted back her boss, “And this is Jiyun, i suppose? I could recognise her, she was in Yoochun’s MV, wasn’t she?”

 

Jiyun slightly blushed. “Yeah... that’s me!”

 

“Fine lady we have!” Mr Lee chuckled. “Let me introduce you to the guys, Lee as our album producer, Choi as stylist, Kwon is Sunggyu’s manager, Kim... well, Sunggyu as our singer obviously. Myungsoo is here too since you’ve requested for us to choose someone to act in the storyline. As for the female lead, we hope that you could cast her from one of the trainees that we have..."

 

Jiyun nodded, “That shouldn’t be a problem, Mr Lee.” She glanced over to Myungsoo and took a long look at him.

 

“Is he going to be an alright choice? He looks... quiet.” Jiyun whispered to her boss.

 

“Oh! Don’t worry, he is just shy around people he doesn’t know.” Sunggyu explained, since he had overheard what Jiyun had asked her boss about.

 

“Oh.. ok sure...” She replied, casting an apologetic smile towards Myungsoo.

Myungsoo replied with a shy smile.

 

“So! How about we listen to what Jiyun has to say about the MV?” Mr Lee announced. Everyone looked towards Jiyun’s direction.

 

“Urm... have you guys ever told yourself this at some point of time? That ‘If it was a love that wouldn't go anywhere, i wish we'd never met in the first place.’?” She asked with a heavy heart.

He appeared in her mind once again.

 

Shaking all thoughts of Yoochun aside, she continued, “Sunggyu’s song is based on the concept that 60 seconds is enough to tell the story of him and her. But, if given the chance to look ahead and know what is going to happen to their relationship within that 60 seconds, would he still have gone ahead to establish that fragile relationship with her?”

SungGyu and Myungsoo turned to look at each other and went into deep thoughts.



The meeting didn't take a long time. Exactly two hours later, Jiyun found herself waiting outside Woollim's for Jaejoong.

Jiyun stared at her phone, reading the last message that Jaejoong had sent. It read ‘We're on our way now! Yoseob kept side tracking when we were shopping for ingredients, i think we'll need to change the dinner menu later.’

She smiled inwardly. 'I didn't know Yoseob is such a kid...'

With nothing else to do, she sat on the stairways' step, frowning at how cold the weather had turned.

Winter is coming...

'It was about the same time when i first saw him in person for the first time as well...'

She smiled bitterly, reminiscing that pair of eyes that she had gotten attracted to.

Feeling that someone was looking at her all these while, Jiyun looked up and found Myungsoo joining her at the steps.

 

"Myungsoo, what are you doing here?" She asked.

 

"Waiting for my manager to pick me up..."

 

"Ah! I see, me too! I'm waiting for my friend to pick me up!" She replied.

He nodded, looking away.

Then it got all silent for a few minutes.

Jiyun felt the awkward atmosphere and tried to break the ice between them. She was, after all, going to work with him soon.

 

"You must be feeling happy for your leader, he's finally fulfilling his wish of releasing a solo album!"

Myungsoo nodded, a tinge of happiness reflecting on his face.

 

"He's a leader and a brother that i respect a lot. He has been looking after us for such a long time, leading our team so well even when he's not the most eloquent guy in the team."

'Oh? So he can actually speak more than a sentence? He really does like SungGyu a lot. So sweet!'

 

"You're such a sweet guy." Jiyun couldn't help but comment, making him rub the back of his neck shyly.

 

"Are you alright?" He suddenly asked.

 

"Huh? Yes i am? Why such a question? Do i not look alright to you?"

 

He shook his head. "Your back looks lonely."

 

Jiyun grinned. "I'm fine, but thanks for the concern!"

'Myungsoo... I can see why he is so well liked amongst the staff...'

 

"60 seconds..." He mumbled, fidgeting a bit.

 

"Hmm? Yes?"

 

"The question you asked just now. Would you have gone ahead with a relationship that is not going to work?"

For the first time that day, Jiyun was stumped at a question. She peered to her side and saw Myungsoo waiting for her answer.

 

"Why did you ask?"

 

"Just curious. You looked pretty upset when narrating the story at the meeting just now..."

 

Jiyun turned to her side and met Myungsoo's awaiting eyes. "I don't know what i would have done." She shrugged. "But knowing the person that i am, i will probably put a stop to everything in order to prevent myself from hurting."

He nodded in understanding.

 

"How about you?" She turned the question towards him. "You're the male lead in the MV after all."

 

Myungsoo tilted his head to the side before he started considering the situation. "I will still go ahead."

 

"Oh? That's an interesting reply, especially coming from your mouth." She teased, smiling at Myungsoo who had turned serious instantly.

 

"It's better to have loved than not. To feel hurt is a bliss as well, i guess. It signifies that you guys have seriously loved each other once. That itself is a precious memory, don't you think?" He explained before putting his chin on his kneecap as a support.

 

"You're such a mature guy." She chuckled, following his actions and leaning her chin on her kneecap as well.

 

"It helps that i am the eldest son in my family..."

 

"Ah... No wonder." She replied. "Better to have loved than not huh..."

 

He nodded. "Create memories. It's the process that is important, not the result."

 

"Too bad we've already decided on choosing to not start anything huh?" Jiyun grinned. "It fits the song better."

 

"Doesn't matter. As long as it doesn't happen in real life, it's ok!" He replied, a playful smile appearing on his face.

 

"I wonder..." Jiyun mumbled under her breath. A familiar vehicle then appeared in front of Jiyun's eyes. "Hmm?"

 

"Hmm?" He asked before looking at where Jiyun was looking at. "Jaejoong? That's who you were waiting for?"

 

She smiled and looked at Myungsoo. "Yes!" Almost instantly, two guys, along with Jaejoong had made their way out of the car and were making their way towards them.

 

"Jiyun ah!" GiKwang and Yoseob shouted happily.

 

"You guys are noisy!" Jiyun smiled and patted their head before looking over at Jaejoong. "Must be hard on you huh?"

 

"I'm used to looking after these kids" Jaejoong shrugged nonchalantly. "Myungsoo, you're here too?"

 

"Hello..." Myungsoo greeted the three of them, whom he considered as his seniors. "Your friends are here, i should be going back soon." He continued, taking a small bow before turning back into the building.

 

"Aren't you waiting for your manager?" Jiyun asked with a confused look.

 

"It's cold outside, i'll go wait inside." He smiled again, before finally pushing the doors open and walking in.

Jiyun giggled and shook her head, realising what Myungsoo's real intention was. 'He was worried about me waiting in the cold by myself. That small adult.'

 

"Jiyun ah, let's get going. We need to get the food prepared before the guys arrive." Jaejoong nudged, pushing her to the passengers seat.

 

"Yes yes, let's get going!" She replied, pulling KiSeob along with her at the same time.