Chapter 33

Coincidental or Intentional?

Dinner with the guys were chaotic.

Starting right from the time when they commenced with the cooking, it had been in a mess up till the serving of the dishes.

While GiKwang was a fairly good help to Jaejoong and Jiyun in the kitchen, Yoseob was creating more work to be done.

At least he tried.

When the rest of the guys finally came over, they had initially tried to behave themselves by sitting on the couch respectfully. Until the time when the clueless HyunSeung stood up to ask if dinner is ready. That was when all hell broke loose.

Doojoon did tried to help out in the kitchen, but Jaejoong kicked him out shortly after since he almost burnt one of Jiyun's pots.

It was fun, nevertheless, seeing how the guys had tried to entertain everybody by showing off their weird dance moves (especially in the case of HyunSeung).

Being the nice youngest member, Dongwoon helped to set the tables when Jiyun announced that dinner was ready.

It turned out to be an eventful dinner, having small heartfelt talks amongst the members and such. Jaejoong, being the senior within them, had imparted a lot of his knowledge and what he had gone through to the members. He and Junhyung had made further plans to collaborate and try producing songs together. Junsu, Gikwang, Doojoon, and surprisingly, Shaun, had grouped up for discussions with regards to soccer.

Guys.

Finally when dinner was done, Hyunseung offered to help wash the dishes, to the dismay of the rest of the guys.

Jiyun didn't understand their reactions until a while later.
 

 

"Jiyun nuna! Look at me, am i doing it right?"

 

Jiyun glanced over from her chopping board at the kitchen island. "Yes Hyunseung, you are doing great!"

He grinned and went back to washing the dishes.

Less than a minute later, he asked the same question once more.

 

"Yes Seungie, that is correct..."

 

"Nuna, is the plate clean enough, or should i put some more dishwashing liquid?"

 

Jiyun was about to patiently reply to his question when Yoseob lost all his patience and dashed into the kitchen to take over from Hyunseung. "Hyunseung ah, you are going to take all night at this pace. Get out and talk with the rest."

 

"Fine..." Hyunseung pouted. "Nuna, i'm going out to the living room, see you later!"


Jiyun laughed and nodded.

 

"This little boy..." Yoseob muttered, shaking his head in disbelief at how he managed to have him as a member.

 

"Aren't you one as well?" Jiyun teased, nudging the cute guy who was standing behind her, washing the remaining dishes.

 

"At least i'm useful." He replied. Recalling about how he had caused more work while cooking earlier on, he added another sentence. "At least i know how to wash the dishes."

 

She chuckled. "That i acknowledge."

 

"Why were you at Woollim's earlier on anyway?" He asked, now wiping the plates dry.

 

"SungGyu from Infinite is coming out with his solo album. I'm supposed to produce the MV for him."

 

"Not fair!" Yoseob suddenly whined, "You're going to produce for him and not mine?"

 

"You're releasing a solo album?"

 

Yoseob nodded happily, his untamed hair flying and bobbing around. "Junhyung is helping me with the production!"

 

"Good for you!" She grinned. "If you want me to produce that MV of yours, you know what to do."

 

Yoseob shook his head. "I'd better not."

 

"Why?"

 

"Yoochun, that's why." He smiled cheekily.

'Can't my life just proceed smoothly for a day without thinking or mentioning Yoochun?'

 

"What has he got to do with this?" Jiyun asked, at the same time cleaning up the bits from cutting fruits. She was trying to maintain a face that showed that she was not bothered by the mention of Yoochun.

 

"He was complaining that you were too busy with your work that he hasn't seen you for nearly two weeks already."

Yoseob decided not to mention about the fact that Yoochun didn't actually say them out loud. It was only through his facial expression but still, Yoochun did look lonely from the absence of Jiyun at the filming set.

 

Jiyun's heart skipped a beat. "I thought he would've been highly entertained by his female lead? She is a very good entertainer, an uprising actress as mentioned in the news articles. And him."

'Besides, didn't he tell me to have fun with my 'lover boy'? He shouldn't care about me at all...'

 

"Hye Jin? Oh, she is indeed highly entertaining." Yoseob grinned, thinking back at what they had experienced when at the filming site. "I could have sworn that Gikwang and i were about to faint from holding back on our laughter! Imagine her openly flirting at Yoochun while he easily ignored all her advances by talking to us and not her."

 

"Serves her right." Jiyun started laughing, her mood instantly lightened up. "If only someone could film that scene down..." She thought, and her laughter continued.

 

"Forgive Yoochun soon, alright? Regardless of what he did or said."

 

Jiyun looked away from her chopping board and towards Yoseob immediately. "Hmm? How did you know?"

 

"Oh well, it isn't hard to tell. The normal clingy Yoochun should be the first to arrive at your house, but he is not here today. It must be obviously a quarrel."

 

She shook her head smiling, "You're pretty smart."

 

"Are you still angry with him? He is really guilty about what he did. I can see it in his facial expression every time your name is being mentioned in our conversations."

 

“Why are you so interested in this talk?”

 

“It’s not only Yoseob, i’m curious about this as well.” Jaejoong suddenly interrupted, walking into the kitchen. “Please enlighten us.”

 

Jiyun shook her head with a faint smile on her face. “I’m not. Not anymore. It’s just... i need some time away from him to think things over.”

 

“Hmm? What do you mean?” Yoseob asked once again. He had already finished up the wiping and was now leaning his body against the sink to listen in to their conversation.

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “Recently i’ve been wondering if it is a good or bad thing that i became friends with him. It’s like, i’ve been on a rollercoaster ride ever since meeting him at his company for the MV production.”

 

“And...?”

 

“I’m not a fan of heights. I’m acrophobic.”

 

"You're not telling me that you are thinking of ending this friendship... thingy!" Yoseob exclaimed, his voice raising a pitch higher from shock.

 

"Yes, Seobie." Jiyun smiled, her facial expression softening. "I'm considering if we should continue this friendship thingy."

 

“But Jiyun, it’s not all bad, meeting him. I mean, we became friends all thanks to Yoochun!” Yoseob pouted. “If you hadn’t taken on the production, our company wouldn’t know about you, wouldn’t have requested for your service, and we wouldn’t have met! So i’m glad that you met him. It’s a good thing!”

 

“What Yoseob said.” Jaejoong grinned. “We met through Yoochun, so i’m glad for that as well.”

 

“Fair point taken.” She pondered. “But we’re like oil and water. We keep quarreling every now and then.” Glancing over at Jaejoong, she continued, “You know that the best.”

 

“Better than the rest.” He joked. “I’m also getting tired due to this.”

 

“Jaejoong!” Yoseob exclaimed in horror. He then turned towards Jiyun with a force smile. “The bottom line is, Yoochun is a good friend to have.”

 

“Yeah, what he said.” Jaejoong shrugged. Walking nearer to her, he whispered, "You know that other day when you were drunk? He was the one who brought you home and took care of you."

 

Jiyun's eyes widened. "Wasn't it you?"

 

He chuckled. "Come on, how am i supposed to do that when i don't even know where you lived then? Besides, i had every intention to chuck you into my guest room before going back to my own room to sleep."

 

"That's so caring of you, Jaejoong." Jiyun replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Remind me not to get drunk in front of you again."

 

"Awww, why not? You were pretty cute when drunk. Yoseob, do you know that Jiyun becomes a kid when she is drunk?"

 

"Really?" Yoseob exclaimed happily. "I want to see!"

 

"I do not!" Jiyun pouted, turning her back against the both of them.

 

"Yes you do, and you were very honest as well! 'I don't like you!', that's what you said to Yoochun." Jaejoong snickered, imitating how Jiyun behaved back then in front of her.

 

"Hahaha! Yoochun must have gotten a big shock!" Yoseob started laughing, bouncing happily on the floor as he clutched his stomach from the pain.

 

"Oh yes, he sure did." Jaejoong chuckled. "See, he had the decency to bring you home and took care of you till nearly dawn even though you said you don't like him in your drunken state."

 

"Jiyun ah, he's a good guy. Don't stop being friends with him."

 

“We’re not on speaking terms, boys.”

 

“That can be easily solved.” Jaejoong grinned, showing a rare full smile. “I bet that silly boy is already itching to speak to you.”

 

Jiyun raised her eyebrows. “You know, something tells me that i shouldn’t trust you on this.”

 

“How about me?” Yoseob asked, raising his hands happily. “I’m more trustworthy!”

 

“Yah! I’m your senior!” Jaejoong retorted, slapping the back of Yoseob’s head lightly, as the latter pouted.

 

“We should just let things occur naturally, little kids...” Jiyun replied nonchalantly as she picked up the bowl of fruits. “Let’s head to the living room, walk in a straight line please!”

 

“Jiyunnnnnn” Both Yoseob and Jaejoong whined.

 

“No means no.” She stated firmly.

 

“Oh well. If that’s what you want, fine...” Jaejoong sighed. “By the way, are you coming to my movie premiere?”

 

“Huh? What movie premiere?” Jiyun asked, totally confused.

 

“I’m acting in a movie!” Jaejoong announced happily. “I don’t care, please make yourself free next Friday evening! I’ll pass you the invitation nearer the date.”

 

“Ok...” Jiyun grinned.

 

 

 

A/N: Another update due to boxing day! (Although no Yoochun :P)