Chapter 1

Coincidental or Intentional?

Dearest Yoochun,

Today, i dug out the white over sized top that i wore to your concert two years back. Yes, it was still in my wardrobe somehow. I donned myself in the same outfit that i did two years back, walking along the streets for some fresh air (although in actual fact, the haze was getting to me, making my rhinitis worse).

At the end of the day when i finally returned home, i found myself removing the entire outfit at top speed. Heck, i hated the idea of wearing the top that used to be so comfortable. That's when i realised: I have changed.

I am no longer the girl that had purely admired you as a fan two years ago. That somehow changed along the way.

Who am i to blame? You, Mr Park.

I know this is an unfair statement to you. -Scoffs-. I should probably blame it on the abnormally coincidental coincidences instead.

By the way, what do you call 'too many coincidences' as? According to my friend, it's called 'on purpose, intentional, or fate'. For me, it is probably 'just a coincidence'. Cos I've gotten that from you way too many times that i can no longer count them with both my hands. I shall not list them out one by one since it will mean that i am actually taking note of it.

I've always thought our only link for such coincidences was through twitter; imagine the devastation i went through when you closed it down that one day. I sincerely thought that that would be the end of our coincidences; I'd even closed down my old twitter account for that reason.

But once again, you swept me off my feet like a tsunami does when i found out that the coincidences weren't stopping. The stuff that I've written in my fanfic (yes, that fanfic which I've sent you the link to), they are all slowly coming to life in front of my eyes. Hugging a girl when she cries because she's hurting from loving you too much, those wedding destinations, preferring a daughter, the ring on your pinky, proposal during your concert... so what else is next?

Do i call them coincidences still? Affirmative. That's what i would like to brainwash myself into.

You know, these much of coincidences led me to think that i was perhaps, treated slightly different from your usual fans. Which wasn't the case right?

So, to prevent myself from sinking in even deeper into my delusional fantasies, I've reached a decision.

Park Yoochun, I'm giving up.

No, i don't mean I'm going to stop being a JYJ fan. After all, 'Once a fan, always a fan'. I'll just purely like JYJ in a musical aspect.

Thank you for the wonderful time you have given me during these past 2 years, even though they were never intended for me to be the recipient.

I wonder if you will even read this letter. Nahs, you won't, so I've just wasted 20 minutes of my time writing to the air.

Sincerely,
Jiyun



With a click on her mouse, she sent out the extremely long tweet on to her new twitter page. She slightly pinched the bridge of her nose, her eyes closed, hoping that it will relieve the pressure buildup within her sinus. Feeling it working, her eyelids slowly fluttered open. Her eyes naturally led her to the time on the screen that was staring right back at her at the lower bottom right hand side - 02:06AM. She groaned. That was the Nth time that she had stayed up late due to over thinking.
 

'My boss will probably skin me alive for being late once again due to oversleeping.'


She read her letter again, and rolled her eyes.
 

"What was i thinking? Typing such crazy stuff?" She found herself mumbling.


She was sure that she would regret her letter some time soon, like usual.
 

"Perhaps i should delete it. This is just too crazy."


Clutching her mouse in her left hand, she moved her cursor to the dustbin icon, and stopped.
 

"Whatever, i shouldn't waste this letter that i had painstakingly written."


Holding in a yawn, she finally felt tired enough to retire for the night. That four hours walk had proven to be very effective.

She folded the laptop that had been sitting on her lap all that while, and turned to her side to place them on her wooden floor. She was just too lazy to get out of her bed.
 

"Goodnight world..."


With that, she finally fell asleep.


 

“Aish. I knew it, I'm going to be in deep trouble for being late.” Jiyun silently scolded herself, all the while walking briskly towards her office at top speed. She had, as expected, overslept due to that little episode the night before.


With little effort, she reached for the door handle in the quietest way ever, hoping that she could somehow creep her way to her cubicle without anyone knowing.

If only wishes could come true.
 

"Miss Kim, I'd pretend not to have seen you crawling in if not for the fact that you are too obvious in your actions."


Jiyun froze in her steps upon hearing the oh-so-familiar deep husky voice that belonged to her dear boss. Like a deer that had been caught in a headlight, she found herself unable to turn around to face whatever was behind her.

After what seemed like an eternity, she heard a deep resigned sigh.
 

"Jiyun, stop freezing up. I'm not angry, i just have work for you." He surrendered before walking nearer to face her. "I'm not particularly ecstatic that you are late though. Just... don't be late for this upcoming project that I've allocated for you. I don't want to screw up on this big deal. We'll talk more about this in my office, now."


With that, he turned towards the direction and walked a few steps.


Jiyun blinked for a few times before she regained her senses.
 

'Boss isn't angry with me? Did he strike lottery or what? The last time i came in late, he made me an errand girl at the drama filming site for a week. It was like living hell.'


True enough, for scriptwriter like her, it was almost torturous to be sent off on-site to become an errand girl.
 

"Kim Jiyun, you have 10 seconds to get your into my room!" The husky voice boomed from across the office.

 

"Yes sir..." She mumbled.



 

"Boss. Are you kidding me? Is it even April Fool?" She asked in disbelieve.
 

"Do i look like i am?"
 

"No."
 

"Smart choice "

 

"But... i ain't no producer! Neither am i a.... a... director!" She reasoned, desperately. "I am just a mere scriptwriter for drama series, not MVs! I don't do MVs!"

Just minutes ago, she had been given the task of producing a storyboard; a storyline for an MV. Something that she has never done before.

 

"Well, now you'll have the chance to add this to your portfolio i guess?" Her boss suggested, undeniably forcing the job onto her. "Besides, in my opinion, this should be a pretty fun project for you. It's not just any normal MVs; It's a short movie like MV consisting of different songs from the artiste's album." He added, strongly emphasising on the word 'movie like'.


Jiyun didn't reply, but her eyes were already twinkling from the sound of the word 'movie'. She reached for the file that had been passed to her earlier on and briefly scanned through the MV brief.
 

"Fine, i'm in."


Hook, line and sinker.
 

"Great! Here are the lyrics and demos of the album from the client company! Track 1 and 3 are the compulsory songs that you'll have to include into the MV; the rest will be up to you to decide." He threw a large brown envelope towards Jiyin, who had then swiftly caught it with one hand.
 

"Mmmmhmm." Jiyun absentmindedly replied while looking through the list of requirements once again. "Boss, can i ask you a question?"


He rolled his eyes. He had already expected that she wouldn't keep shut to read quietly. After all, she IS a scriptwriter; all scriptwriters have gazillion questions at any time.
 

"I don't know who the artiste is except that he is a male. The reason why they are whacking such a big amount of money into the MV production is cos they do not have the intention to promote on music shows or things alike. I heard he is a pretty good actor, so they came up with this idea in order to get the best of both worlds."


Jiyun nodded. She then pointed towards the brown envelope, indicating that it was another question.
 

"This is just a demo. The artiste is still in the midst of recording, so you'll be working with these for the time being." He answered before turning towards his laptop. In just a few clicks, he raised his head and looked at Jiyun.
 

"Jiyun, we'll be meeting up with the client and their artiste in a week, after they have wrapped up their recording. Meanwhile, just try to think of some ideas that you can recommend to them. We'll see what they have in mind then as well."

 

"Yes sir~"