Chapter 38

Coincidental or Intentional?

 

"Are you sure you want to catch the movies at this time?" Jiyun asked in an uncertain looking face as she brought up her phone to check the time. It was currently 2.15AM. Still walking towards the direction of the theatre, she turned to her side to catch a glimpse of the masked man.

He nodded. Although he was currently wrapped from top to bottom, there was something about the guy that still emitted an air of prestige from within.

 

"There is filming going on tomorrow afternoon till late night. Are you sure about this? Maybe we should turn back right now so that you can catch some sleep." She tried again, sincerely worried about his health.

She was about to turn around when he stopped her. Looking around to make sure that nobody was near them, he finally pulled down the muffler that was covering his face.

 

"Miss Kim, stop nagging please." He sighed, slightly knocking on her head. "I am very sure that i want to catch this movie, and will still have enough energy for tomorrow... or today's filming. Now get going!" He said and started pushing her towards the direction of the theatre hall.


With no chance to retort, Jiyun shook her head in defeat while dragging her feet towards the location. She stifled a small yawn.

Whilst Yoochun was wide awake and full of energy, she on the other hand was dead tired from the whole day of filming. Still, she couldn't bear to reject Yoochun's invitation, even when it was at such unearthly hours.

It couldn't be helped anyway. He is a celebrity, and everyone knows what kind of a havoc it will bring if he were to appear at that same location in the late afternoon.

She had watched an episode of JYJ's guillera date on television once. It was seriously a dangerous episode seeing how packed the fans were even when it was a surprise filming, and she wouldn't want to be caught in that.

'I would prefer to have a low profile date like this...' She thought, smiling.

'Wait. What was i thinking?! This is clearly a movie outing amongst two friends! Stop thinking the otherwise!' She scolded herself at the back of her mind.

Shaking her head to clear out all inappropriate thoughts, she was met with an amused looking face. Technically speaking, his face couldn't be seen due to thick muffler covering his face, but his smiling eyes gave his expression away.

 

"You know, you are acting weird." He said, his crescent moon eyes never faltering. He passed the tickets to the staff for inspection before finally leading Jiyun into the designated hall where the movie would be shown. The hall was already dimmed with the commercials still rolling.

 

"Keep quiet while were are in here." Jiyun hushed, sitting down on the big and comfy chair as directed by Yoochun. She figured that the only way for him to stop probing is to make him maintain his silence.

'Hopefully he will forget about it after the movie finishes...'

An hour and a half later, Jiyun was starting to dig into her palms while looking up at the ceiling of the theatre hall, holding back on the tears that were threatening to fall. Clenching her fist tight, she started reciting the multiplication table so as to distract herself from whatever was showing on the screen.

 

"Don't go..." Chul Soo pleaded, his eyes looking straight into Suni's eyes with mecholony.

That was the first word he had ever spoken ever since he started living under one roof with Suni and her family.

That was also the trigger to Jiyun's tears falling. At first it was just droplets of tears, that she could pretend that it wasn't her tears and could just leave them to dry on her face.

However, as the movie moved on further, droplets became streams of tears, forcing her to wipe her tears off with her hand.

Yoochun turned to his side to check on Jiyun once he felt her fidget. The latter smiled back, relieved that she was able to wipe her tears off before he could see her face.

 

"Are you ok?" He whispered softly, his hand placed over hers as if to give her comfort.

Jiyun nodded before turning back to the movie. She felt him playing with her fingers and smiled inwardly, amazed at how just a slight touch could warm her senses instantly.

It wasn't long before the third wave of tears came gushing to her. It was the scene where the old Suni finally met Chul Soo after 40 over years of separation.

Jiyun couldn't be bothered with the embarrassment anymore, as she started sobbing. Releasing Yoochun's hand, she lifted both her hands and started wiping her tear stricken face.

She heard a little chuckle beside her and turned to throw a sharp glare at him. Yoochun lifted both his hands as if to signify that he was surrendering. He then reached over to wipe her tears away, which was instantly replaced by more tears. Shaking his head in amusement, he pulled her into his embrace as he patted her back so as to calm her down. Jiyun's sobs ended up becoming louder and her tears became a waterfall instead.

 

 

 

"I can't believe you cried so badly just now." Yoochun commented with a smile that was threatening to break out into a laugh. They were currently hanging out in Yoochun's car at Jiyun's apartment carpark.

 

"Shut up." Jiyun grumbled, looking away. "I was just touched by the characters in the story, that's all." She explained, taking a sip of her caramel macchiato.

 

Yoochun nodded. "Who would have thought that Chul Soo, being a non human, can be even more persistent and faithful than a human in his pure love with Suni..."

 

"He is even more humane than an actual human. He isn't afraid to show his love, protects her at all cost, and his love for her has never faded even through the test of time." Jiyun mumbled, looking down at her drink. She felt tears welling up in her eyes once again.

 

"Silly girl," He chided, wiping the tears off her face. He moved nearer to her and pinched her nose. "Why are you crying again?"

 

"But it's so sweet! Chul Soo has never once given up on the little chance that Suni may come back. Look how he managed to live for all those years using the experiences he had while living with Suni's family! Those plants... those..."

And that sent her on a wailing spree once again.

 

"This is crazy but i want to fall in love with a werewolf next..." She said between sobs. "Song Joong Ki can be my werewolf..."

 

Yoochun frowned. "Say what?" He asked once again, as if trying to reconfirm what he just heard.

 

"I want to fall in love like that. A pure, innocent love." She smiled bitterly unknowingly. "It's tiring, my love history up until now."

Yoochun froze in his current position. 'Her liking me... is tiring.'


He felt a pang of pain striking all over his body.

Suddenly, he felt another type of pain on his arm. Jiyun had slapped him.

 

"Are you even listening to me?" Jiyun frowned, turning away pouting.

 

Yoochun chuckled as he gently moved her head back so that she is facing him. "I'm sorry for spacing out. What were you saying just now anyway?"

 

"I'm his fan now!" She giggled, playing with her fingers. "I really like how he portrayed his character in Werewolf. Maybe i should get boss to seek him out for a role in our new drama or something..."

 

"No way!" Yoochun exclaimed, clenching tightly on both of Jiyun's shoulders. "He's a real wolf, a playboy in reality!"

 

She rolled her eyes. "Does it really matter? I admire him for his acting skills, not how he charms girls."

 

"But you just said you don't mind Joongki becoming your werewolf..."

 

"That was a figure of speech."

 

"Anyway, just don't get close to him in any way possible. He gets girls pregnant just by smiling at them!"

 

Jiyun started laughing out out. "Mr Park, you can't get pregnant just by smiling at someone!"

 

"Aish! Just don't get near him!" Yoochun pouted as he started taking revenge by pinching her cheeks.

 

"Are you perhaps... jealous?" She blurted out unknowingly.

 

"Wha... No!" He denied strongly, so much that he had accidentally spilled his coffee. "Aish..." He silently cursed under his breath, not looking at Jiyun even once.

 

"Then, why should you care about me that much?"

 

"I..."


As he slowly took his time wiping the stains off in silence, he tried figuring out why she had such an effect on him. Right from the start, he had found her to be interesting, that was why he was constantly talking to her. Then, he started becoming more greedy, wanting to possess each and every second of her free time. Skinship just happened naturally. Then, he started getting annoyed when guys other than himself got friendly with her...

'Maybe that's because... i don’t just see her as a friend. Of course i don't, who am i kidding?’

 

He finally looked up at her with an unreadable expression on his face. "That's because..." He started speaking, but found his tongue in a tangle. "That's because..."

 

"Because we're friends and you're worried for me right?" Jiyun answered with a smile on her face. “You’re always saying that, so many times that i’ve already memorized it at the back of my head.”

‘An answer as expected from him.’

Yoochun looked at her, dumbfounded. He nodded in reply, although it was an answer that was different from what he had in mind. But his speech ability had somehow been stolen away from him.

 

Jiyun continued smiling, "Really, i am not a kid anymore. Don't fret over small things like this alright?"

Yoochun nodded slowly once again.

 

"Alright then, i think i'm going home now." She yawned, picking up her bag and files from the backseat.

As she was about to open the door, she was stopped by Yoochun. He had finally found his tongue.

Deja vu.

 

"Jiyun, i need to tell you something..."

 

"I'm tired already. Let's talk tomorrow or something ok?" Jiyun interrupted, tapping the hand that was placed on her other hand before shaking it free from his grasp.

 

"But..."

 

"Good night Yoochun!"

 

"Good night... huh?" He asked, looking up to a back that was walking further and further away from him. 'Yoochun....?'


 

A/N: For those who are confused about what movie they had watched, it's 'A Werewolf Boy' by Song Joong Ki and Park Bo Young. It's a MUST WATCH! (remember to bring more tissue with you because it is really sad.) My reactions while watching the movie? Look at the chapter :P


Whose character do you think fits this song the most?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeuF3iEUG3Y&feature=share&list=PL12E89B50F845F66F
1) Yoochun
2) Jiyun
3) Shaun