Chapter 11

Coincidental or Intentional?

"And now, let's welcome our special guest; the female lead of the short movie!" The MC for the fanmeet announced, generating sounds of cheers and applause all around the hall. Both Yoochun and the MC turned around to the side of the stage, waiting for Jiyun to come out from her hiding place.


'What have i gotten myself into?'

Seeing that there was no use delaying her appearance, she slowly walked out into the view of everyone.

'Like i imagined, this is really scary.'

She could see Yoochun showing her a thumbs up. He was mouthing 'Don't worry, I'm here to back you up!'

'Right. That was reassuring.'


Jiyun revealed a small smile once she was seated together with Yoochun on a sofa, with the MC seated on the other side on a single seater.

'So far so good.'

 

"So, would you like to introduce yourself to the fans here?" The MC asked, shoving an extra microphone to her.

 

"Hi everyone, I'm Kim Jiyun, and i acted alongside with Yoochun in the short movie..."

 

"As my wifey!"


She could have sworn that her jaws literally dropped to the floor. Whilst the fans were all squealing from envy, she threw a quick dagger like stare at him, shutting him up.


'Park Yoochun, are you trying to push me into a premature death?'

 

She gave a fake cough, "Yeah, as his girlfriend."

 

"So how was it like, acting with Yoochun? Is he easy to get along with?"

 

She nodded, "He's a really professional actor and he even gave me some tips to act better. Since he gets into his role easily once the tape is rolling, you will get into the scene naturally as well. It has been a really great experience for me."


Both Yoochun and the MC smiled.
 

"So, are there any funny stories about the filming that you guys can share with us?"


Jiyun thought and looked over at Yoochun with a grin. They did not even need to discuss about it; there was a common understanding as to which scene they should mention about.

 

"The ring scene!" They shouted together at the same time.


'This is fun, i can get used to this.'

 

"You know, we had this ring scene during our picnic filming," He explained, "And the absentminded me prepared the ring a size too big. So we were like looking dumbfounded at the dangling ring before bursting into laughter."


The fans started laughing.


'Yeah, laugh all you want...'

 

"It was based on the pinky story from Jaejoong, wasn't it? About finding the right one when the male pinky ring fits into the significant other's ring finger." The MC recalled, earning a nod from both Jiyun and Yoochun. "Doesn't that mean that both of you are not the right ones for each other?"


The entire hall started booing at the MC.

 

Jiyun chuckled, whispering to Yoochun, "You have such cute fans. I love them already."

 

He whispered back, "Cute fans that supports us."


She didn't reply but smiled at him instead.


'What's the use of having fans supporting us when the male lead only treats me as a fan, at the most a friend? It will be better if i keep this feeling to myself and continue to be a good friend to him.'

 

"Aish! Jiyun, look at how the fans are bullying me! Help me!" The MC said jokingly, turning toward Jiyun for help. She laughed wholeheartedly.


Yoochun, having the impression that the MC was flirting with her, sent him a dirty glare, although he was still smiling on the surface.

 

"Well," Jiyun started speaking, silencing the fans, "We may have chemistry on screen like you guys say, but there's no sparks between us in reality."


Yoochun's lips formed a grim, straight line when he heard her speak.

 

"Oh, that's too bad..." The MC commented. "Oh by the way, Jiyun, you're the scriptwriter for the movie aren't you?"


She nodded.

 

"But, our eagle eyed netizens have found a similar fan-fiction online, having pretty much the same story as your movie. What do you have to say about this?"


'What?!'

Jiyun let out a small gasp, turning to look at Yoochun immediately.

 

"It's not me, i swear!" He whispered.


'Yeah, i know it's not him. He wouldn't do something this low.'


Picking his microphone up, he was about to spin a random lie when Jiyun stopped him. She clutched tightly on the back of his hand, the hand that was holding onto the microphone.


'It doesn't matter now, since the cat has been let out of the bag. Better confess before they dig more into it...'

 

"Yes, that was my story as well. I wrote that story under a nickname. And while we're at it, i am a fan of Yoochun as well!" She confessed, pointing at Yoochun who could only look at her in shock.

 

"So... you've transformed the fan-fiction into a short movie? And you're Yoochun's fan?" The MC asked. "Cool..."


Jiyun nodded happily. The fans squealed in response to that confession.

 

"It's like a fairytale coming alive, isn't it?" She prompted, to which the fans responded positively.

 

"Does Yoochun know about this?" The MC asked again.


Yoochun merely nodded. He was too overwhelmed by the sudden change of events that he couldn't react properly. He took a glance at Jiyun. She had a forced smile on her face.

 

 

 

"What was that? Why did you admit to it?"

 

Jiyun looked at their tightly clasped hands and back to him. They were barely backstage when Yoochun had flared up. Their interview was just over and the short movie was currently showing on stage, allowing Yoochun to prepare for the next segment. "Why shouldn't i? Isn't it a good thing that the secret is out? I know you wouldn't want to lie to your fans either."

 

Yoochun looked at her speechless, unable to think of a comeback for she was right. Although, he was totally prepared to lie for her sake earlier on. He suddenly panicked, recalling about the fanfic incident, "I wasn't the one who told..."

 

"I know, Yoochun.” She mumbled, softly putting her free hand over their tightly clasped ones. “Our few months weren't for nothing. You are not that type of person."

 

"I'm sorry, i shouldn't have made you come here." He muttered, word by word, as his other hand slowly reached out to cup the side of her face. "I should have checked the MC script earlier on too." Rubbing his thumb on her cheekbone, he observed her facial structure. It wasn’t the the first time that he had actually observed her from that up close. But, it seemed like a completely new experience for him. ‘What’s with this feeling?’


'So near yet so far...' Jiyun thought.

 

"Mr erted Park." Jiyun finally pluck her entire month's worth of courage and said, "I'd like it if you can remove your hands off of me. Your entire staff crew are looking at us."

 

"What erted?! You little imp!" Yoochun replied jokingly, sending her into a headlock. It was, to Yoochun, comfortable for them to have such skin-ship. He was neither shocked nor uncomfortable that they had become that close (in terms of distance). It just... happened.


The entire mood backstage changed in an instant, with the staff heaving sighs of relief before proceeding on with their work. It was a mixture of complicated moods earlier, and it was tense, seeing it from the sideline.

 

"Go prepare for your next segment, and stop wasting time, Yoochun." Jiyun commanded, slapping his arm.

 

"Hey you called me Yoochun again! I'm a happy idol!"

 

"Happy idiot you mean?" She grinned.

 

"Do you want another headlock?" He asked menacingly, showing his clenched fist with an evil smirk on his face.

 

"You'll be the one on the receiving end, unfortunately."

 

"Huh? Why?"


Jiyun pointed towards the direction of Yoochun's sun bear manager. An angry bear to start off ones' imagination with.

 

"Oh . Jiyun, just hang around backstage until the end alright? We'll grab some dinner and I'll send you home after. I'll talk to you again after i get changed!" He said quickly before running away to the changing room, just in case the bear strikes.

 

 

 

"Hey! Why did you leave? Didn't we agree on dinner?"

 

"No, I'm still here! In the audience seat. Don't want to waste my tickets. Heehee!"

 

"Idiot. You have an exclusive up close view from the side of the stage, why not take full advantage of it?"

 

"I've got perfect vision, thank you very much."

 

"Idiot. What's your seat number? I'll call you up for the games segment. Special fan service for you!"

 

"No thanks! I'm contented just sitting here together with the rest of the fans and looking at you from a distance. Give other fans a chance to interact with you, don't be selfish!"

 

"IDIOT. Don't run away ok? Remember: Dinner together! Or I'll... I'll..."

 

"Hees... you've already got nothing else to blackmail me with, Mr Park!"

 

"Hmmph. I hate you."

 

"Yes yes, i love you too. Now will you please come out soon? I'm getting bored of waiting..."

 

"Bored?! Even when I'm entertaining you here?! You ungrateful girl :("

 

"I'm speaking from a fan's POV. Seriously, that MV is too long. Oh! I see the supermarket scene!"

 

"You've been watching it over and over and over and over again for countless of times. At least fifty times, i suppose? All that editing and vetting."

 

"Yeah. I was trying to make it perfect. See how much i love you, Mr Park?"

 

"Yes Miss Kim, that's why i love you too! Oh! The make up scene is coming!"

 

"Oh gosh. Let me go dig a hole to hide myself in with. It's so embarrassing!"

 

"Is it? I don't think so. By the way, where are the rings?"

 

"All three of them are on my necklace chain! I pleaded with my boss to give them to me! It was too pretty to give them away."

 

"Ayy! Sharing is caring! I want the ring too!"

 

"Hmm... i see it's my turn to blackmail you huh?"

 

"I'll treat you to dinner for a month."

 

"Joongie's homemade dinner?"

 

"Miss Kim, please don't ask for the impossible. I'll have to get on stage soon. If you don't agree i won't come on stage."

 

"You're threatening me?"

 

"Two can play the game :)"

 

"Fine! Dinner shall be it! I'll have you know that i like the guy ring better, so I'm taking it. You can have the female rings :3"

 

"Wha...?! What am i supposed to do with those? It can't fit into my pinky, remember? Besides, what can you do with the guy ring? Give it to someone else? I won't allow that, just so you know. It's our ring."

 

"You can put it on a chain or something? The guy ring fits my thumb, thank you very much for your concern."

 

"Grrrr. Talk to you later. I'm going up now."

 

"Do well :)"
 

 

A/N: Just because i'm in a good mood :DD