Chapter 12

Coincidental or Intentional?

"Make yourself at home, drinks are in the fridge." Jiyun commented, pointing to the kitchen as she walked into her room to change into a more comfortable attire.

 

"You live alone?" Yoochun asked, retrieving a bottle of mineral water from the fridge. He then took a walk around the living room, examining all the handicrafts that had been placed inside the display cabinet.

 

"Yeah." She replied after a while, having changed and makeup removed from her face. "Escaped from my previous pathetic lifestyle and moving into an entirely new country. My parents are supportive of this move, thank goodness."

 

"Hmm. This is new to me. You're not local?" He asked, trying to keep his shock level to the minimum. He then walked over to Jiyun and examined her face, cupping her face in his hands. "You look pretty good even without makeup."

 

Jiyun slapped away his hands effortlessly and started walking into the kitchen, tying her hair up at the same time. There was a slight tinge of pink on her cheeks. "Yeah I'm not a local, but shouldn't you have realised that from my accent?"

 

He gave it a small thought. "True." With a light shrug, he plopped himself on the nearby couch. "So, what's for dinner?"


They had initially thought of going out for dinner, but decided not to in the end. They wanted a peaceful dinner without having to become fishes in a tank - subject to fans scrutiny and observation of their every movement. Bum's was unfortunately, fully booked by their company, Cjes.

 

Jiyun peered into the fridge. "I don't know? What do you feel like eating?"

 

"I'm ok with anything. Surprise me?" He replied, leaning happily on the couch like a kid.

 

"Hmm..." She pretended to consider. "Ramyun?"

 

"What?! I came all the way here just for a ramyun?!"

 

"With celery."

 

"No! Objection!"

 

"Objection overruled. You said you're ok with anything?" She challenged. “Besides, whatever happened to the easygoing Yoochun that had made that claim earlier on during the fanmeet?”


He slided down to sit on the couch, pouting as he took a nearby cushion to vent his unhappiness on.

 

Jiyun giggled, turning around to pull some vegetables out from the fridge. "I'm making japchae."

 

"Yes!" He screamed in delight.

 

"Shhhh! My neighbours are going to complain!"


Yoochun grinned happily, watching her preparing and cutting the ingredients for the dish from behind the couch.

 

"Need any help?" He finally asked, slowly walking towards the kitchen island. He felt bad, making her do all the cooking by herself. Although he had never once tried to do any chopping or even using the knife to slice anything. Except for birthday cakes.

 

"Nahs. But if you want, please help me set the table. The utensils are at the overhead cupboard over here." She casually mentioned before moving back to her knife work.

 

"Alright." He replied. Just as he was walking nearer to her, he felt... something.


'Such a wonderful view from the back. She's cooking for me. Such luxury.'

Without any warning, he gave her a back hug.

 

"What?! Yoochun, don't scare me like that! I might have cut myself if i wasn't careful!"

 

"Shhh... your neighbours are going to complain. Let's just stay like this for a while."

 

Jiyun rolled her eyes. "I have a knife."


'My heart is going to jump out soon if you don't let go of me.'

 

"You're so uncute. My mother always lets me hug her like this." He whined, letting go of her and resuming what he had been doing earlier.


'Your mother? Now I'm a replacement for your mother?'

 

"I'm not your mother, i don't want such a mischievous son like you too."

 

"You mean a charismatic, caring, courteous, charming and cute son like me?" He asked, replicating Junsu’s trademark angel pose.

 

"Oh please." She faked a nauseous look. "Sometimes i wonder where you get all that confidence from."

 

He grinned. "The same place where you got yours."


She laughed and turned away to continue with the chopping.

 

 

 

"You cook well." He exclaimed, digging happily into the japchae that had been served in front of him twenty minutes later. "Although Jaejoong is a better cook."

 

"I'll take that as a compliment. Eat more." She nudged, making him eat another mouthful of japchae.

 

"It is. I'm taking ownership of the remaining japchae inside the pot."

 

She chuckled. "Then as thanks, you will wash the dishes later, won't you?" Jiyun smiled sweetly at him, full of anticipation.

 

"I'm the guest, my dear Miss Kim..." He replied, showing a smile that can easily win over hers. He was, after all, THE Park Yoochun who had mesmerised her with his smile in a heartbeat.

 

"I'm holding the rings captive, my dear Mr Park.”

 

"Oops."

 

"Besides, why am i cooking for you? You're supposed to treat me to dinner!"

 

"Hehs, that's because you love me too much?" He pretended to be in deep thought, all the while sneaking peeks at her.

 

"If that's the case, shall i change my target? You know, lately I've been thinking that Beast is a pretty good group."

 

"Yah..."

 

"...Especially Gikwang, such a sweetie. I heard he's very cute and innocent, unlike someone. And, have you seen his chocolate abs?"

 

"YAH!!!"

 

"Yes, your highness?"

 

"I'll do the dishes..."


Jiyun grinned.

 

 

 

"I'm tired." Yoochun declared after he finally finished washing the dishes. He yawned, dragging his fatigue body out and onto the couch.

 

"Thanks, idol." Jiyun chuckled, following him out of the kitchen with a small tub of ice cream in her hand. She had just snuck a peek into the kitchen after her shower while Yoochun diligently washed the dishes.

 

"I can't believe you had used me as a dishwasher. I am an artiste, not a machine."

 

"You could have chosen not to do them though..." She muttered, scooping a spoonful of ice cream to eat while she slumped into the seat beside him.

 

"How could i?" He retorted, "I don't want to lose to Gikwang..." He mumbled under his breath.

 

"Silly Mr Park." She chuckled. "Ice cream?"

 

"I'm too lazy to move. Ahhhhh..." He uttered, indicating that he wants Jiyun to feed him.

 

"What? Are you still a baby?"


‘Someone please wake me up from my dreams.’

 

"Please, Miss Kim?"

 

She sighed. "Ok, big baby. Say ahhhhh."

 

"Ahhhhhh!"

 

He grinned, having savoured the vanilla ice cream. "Vanilla soya bean ice cream? Nice!"

 

"Of course, i made it myself after all...”

 

"You made it?!" He asked in disbelieve and sat up immediately upon hearing that. "You're kidding me."

 

“I love ice cream, but since i have a weak stomach when it comes to dairy products, homemade is the way to go.” Jiyun replied with an indifferent look. “There’s only soya bean milk in this ice cream, no whipping cream, nothing dairy.”

 

“You can’t take dairy products?” He frowned. “But you have been eating it almost every time i see you.”

 

Jiyun grinned. “Ice cream over stomach upset.”

 

“You never fail to amaze me.” He commented, sighing and snatching Jiyun’s spoon and ice cream, happily digging into it. “I’m kidnapping the ice cream.”

 

“And you never fail to annoy me.” She pouted. “That’s mine!”

 

“Thanks! I take pride in doing that! It’s my number one entertainment.” He happily said, putting yet another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth.

 

“Can i strangle you?”

 

“You won’t bear to.”

 

“Whatever.” She pouted, throwing herself back onto the couch and closing her eyes for a rest. “I’m too tired to bicker with you.”


Yoochun leaned back onto the couch as well once he finished the last bit of ice cream. With a slight push towards his direction, he made Jiyun rest on his shoulder.

 

“Mr Park, what are you doing?” She asked lazily, although her heart was beating very fast due to their sudden contact.

 

“Letting you rest on my shoulder? You have had a rough day, so I'm trying to make the last few hours of today relaxing for you.”


‘Relaxing, so he says. How can i relax in this position?’

 

“Can i request for you to sing a song? The song you sang at the fan meet? “That Song” by John Park?”

 

“You’re pushing your luck, Miss Kim.”

 

“Please?”

 

“Ah fine.”


Clearing his throat, he started singing softly to the song. Jiyun found herself getting spellbound by the gentleman just beside her once again. If he is considered as a perfect man in the eyes of any random fans, then what should she, as someone who knows him personally, identify the paradisaical man in front of her as? God sent gift? Absolutely perfect man?

 

“Why are you so good to me?” She found herself asking unknowingly. “Not only for now, but for the rest of the times as well.”


‘Really, why?’ He thought.

 

“You’re my fan, I'm your idol. That’s why.” He reasoned.


‘You’re lying.’ A voice from within echoed in his mind.

 

“...And you’re a precious friend of mine.” He added, hoping that it serves as a good enough reason to defeat that doubtful voice earlier on.

 

“I see...” She replied. Her voice is low, hardly a whisper. She knew, that it was the answer that she was expecting. But somehow, in the tiniest corner of her heart, she hoped that it would be a different answer. “What time is your first schedule tomorrow?” She asked, trying to change the topic in case she starts to feel bitter.

 

“Ten in the morning. We’re having a meeting about the Asian tour fanmeet that is going to start the following week.” He replied casually, softly placing his head on top of hers, his eyes closed. “It’s going to be a while of touring, so I'm not sure when will we meet next...”

 

“Bring me food as souvenirs. Thank you!”

 

“Yah, at this point of time you should be saying some touching lines like ‘I’ll miss you’ or something equivalent. You’re such a mood breaker.” He reprimanded, knocking his head on hers slightly.

 

“You will get a big ego if i were to say something mushy like that, so no thanks. We can always keep in contact with each other by phone or the Internet anyway. Besides, it’s the Asian tour, you’ll still be free from Mondays to Thursdays.”

 

“You’re so tough, so independent.” He praised, patting her head.

 

“You’re talking to someone who left home and has lived independently for the past 3 years.”

 

“Well, I'll miss you though.”


Jiyun’s heart skipped another beat.

 

“The bickering i mean.” He corrected.

 

She sulked. “Now who’s the mood breaker?”

 

He let out a low, soft chuckle. “Now now, get some rest.” He whispered, patting her head once again.

 

“You should get going soon too. It’s pretty late.”

 

“Yeah, i should.” He said, yet did not move even an inch.

 

“Mr Park, your head is very heavy.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Mr Park, have you dozed off?”

 

“Yes.”


She frowned.

 

“Mr Park...”

 

“Hush hush..” He mumbled, placing his index finger on top of her lips. “Five more minutes...”

 

“Ok... five more minutes then...”
 

 

A/N: It's updating day today right? I'll see you girls again on the 12th :P