Chapter 21

Coincidental or Intentional?

A week later, Jiyun found herself hanging out at her friend's house for an impromptu sleepover session. It was supposed to be a simple meet up, but they had randomly decided to get themselves wasted on a beautiful night like this. At Rachael's penthouse where the beautiful night sky can be seen.

"You guys had so much chemistry, we almost thought it was real!" Jessica squealed, thinking back about the MV that Jiyun had filmed with Yoochun. “In fact, i feel like watching it again! Rach, bring out your laptop so we can watch it again!”
 

“Yes madam!” Rachael slurred, attempting to stand up so that she can make her way into her room. Although she never made it anywhere near it for she was too drunk to even walk. “We’ll watch it some other day...” She burst into a giggling fit, plopping her body down on to the floor once again.
 

“It is real, isn’t it? Both of you looked so much in love...” Jenny mumbled sleepily to herself, hugging the pillow in her arms.
 

"That was just acting..." Jiyun shrugged, pouring another cup of iced water to freshen herself up. Her friends were obviously drunk. While she, being the person with high tolerance still wide awake.
 

"Nonsense, nothing escapes our eyes! Look how nice he is, preparing these autographed posters for us when you requested for it. He can't be that nice to every one, can he?"
 

"He wasn't that nice to me initially either." Jiyun muttered, recalling one of their earlier encounters. ‘He freaking blackmailed me.’
 

"But he is now, right? You guys are still keeping in contact with each other, right?" Jessica asked, hyperactive due to her being drunk.
 

She nodded. "Yeah, so?"
 

"Call him!" The three girls suddenly exclaimed excitedly.
 

"It's not that nice to call him in the middle of the night..." She replied, pretty sure that Mr Park is already asleep.
 

"Just call! We want to see Yoochun!" They chirped happily, throwing her phone towards her direction.
 

"You want me to do a video conference?!" She asked unsurely. 'Oh dear, i hope he doesn't have bed hair... maybe i should text him to ask...'


Pulling her phone out from her pocket, she tapped on her Kakao app to search for Yoochun’s name. With swift actions, she typed, ‘Mr Park, are you still awake? Can i video call you now?’

Her answer was received almost instantly, although through a phone call.
 

"Miss Kim! Why are you still awake at this time?! You should be sleeping right now!" His raspy voice boomed through the speaker of the phone. It was obvious that he had been sleeping up until her message to him.


She felt butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. 'I can't decide which is better: A half asleep Yoochun or a concerned Yoochun..'
 

"Mr Park, you're sleeping? Maybe i should call tomorrow instead..."
 

"No no no no! It's ok! I wasn't sleeping or anything..." He anxiously replied, although his voice broke along the way.


She let out a small chuckle. 'That's such an obvious lie.'
 

"Anyway, what can i do for you?" He asked softly.


A wave of peacefulness overwhelmed her as she found herself smiling like a little girl. She noticed her friends grinning like idiots across where she was sitting at. She coughed and turned sideways to avoid their eye contacts.
 

"Erm, my friends were wondering if you can perhaps, talk to them for a little while..." She asked, and in a softer tone, she added, "Don't worry, they are practically drunk. It'll be a short one. Please?"
 

“Oh...” He replied in a disappointed tone. “Wait... you're drinking?" he asked, sounding a little worried.
 

"Yup, ladies night at my friends' house."
 

"Oh... ladies night at your friends'..." He repeated, easing up a little. "As expected, you're the sober one?"
 

Jiyun giggled. "You're right! So how is it? Can i put you on speaker?"
 

"I guess it should be alright..."
 

"Alright, give me a moment..." Jiyun mumbled, fumbling with a couple of buttons before her voice was back on the phone. "... And it's on loud speaker now! Mr Park, i have my friends, Rachael, Jenny and Jessica here with me now!"
 

"Hello!" Yoochun greeted smoothly with energy, unlike the raspy voice just a few seconds ago.


'Mr Park is really a professional...'
 

"Hello!" The girls greeted back excitedly.
 

"I've heard from Jiyun that you girls are fans of JYJ. Thanks for your support!"
 

"Thanks for the autographed posters as well! Jasmine told us that you have gotten them for us!"
 

"Jasmine?" He asked with a hint of confusion.
 

"That's me." Jiyun replied, knowing that Yoochun is confused, since she has never mentioned that to him before.
 

"Ah, i see i see." He mumbled before adding. "It's nothing, i can easily get them from the company."
 

"And you refused to give me mine?" Jiyun complained, annoyed that Yoochun had prepared only enough for her friends. "Even when you can easily get them from the company?"
 

"As I've mentioned previously, why settle for posters when you can see the real thing? Besides, haven't i given you my drawing masterpiece?"


Her friends started squealing amongst themselves. She shook her head and wondered if they could even remember this phone conversation when they wake up tomorrow.
 

"Aish. That piece of disaster. I would rather see something, or someone else."
 

"Like Shaun...?" One of the girls mumbled.
 

"Jessica!" Jiyun shouted, stopping her from speaking.
 

"Oh, that bestie of hers?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
 

"Pfft! Only a fool like Jasmine will continue to be besties with someone who had rejected her." 
 

"Jessica! You're drunk!" She exclaimed, reaching over to her and covering before she could mention anything more than she had said.
 

"No i'm not?" Her friend giggled and plopped down onto the floor, falling into deep sleep along with the other two.
 

"Miss Kim?"
 

"Aish! Drunkards! Sorry, Mr Park. They are a little crazy when they get drunk." Jiyun explained, walking out to the balcony to get some fresh air away from her crazy friends. She had set their conversation back to private.
 

"You.. and Shaun?"


She froze, knowing that he will not let her off if she didn't explain to him.
 

"That was years ago, we are only friends right now."
 

"I see..." He whispered as if thinking deeply at that point of time. He was not buying that reason, but he didn't want to waste the little time they had over the phone on arguing.
 

"It's a beautiful full moon out there, can you see it?"


He turned over to pick up the remote for the windows. With just a click, the curtains were lifted, showing a full moon in perfect view.
 

"Yes... it's beautiful. It's amazing how we are so far apart right now but we get to see a common thing like the moon huh?"


'But it's disheartening to know that although our distance have greatly shortened, you don't feel the same way i do...' She thought, brushing her long black hair behind her shoulders.
 

"I've missed you." She suddenly blurted out. Realising what she had just said, her eyes grew wide from the shock. 'Damn, must be the alcohol!' She thought, before adding, "I mean, talking to you!"


He chuckled, sending short but impactful vibrations through to her ears. She felt herself blush. ‘How is it that he can control my feelings so easily?’
 

"Miss Kim, it has only been a week. Are you sure you can survive the other week without seeing me? Do i need to send another masterpiece over?" He asked, obviously happy at her sudden confession. “Or do you want to do the video call like you have suggested just now?” 
 

"I... I'm going to sleep. You should, too. Good night, Mr Park!" She hurriedly said before pulling the phone away from her ears.
 

"Hey... no, don't hang up!"
 

"Why?" She asked, bringing the phone back to her ears.
 

"I.... er... I can't get back to sleep already, and it's all because of you!" Yoochun complained. "At least talk to me until i feel sleepy!"
 

"Go read your manga, you'll fall asleep soon..." 
 

"Don't want to." He whined, "You'll do a better job."


Jiyun frowned.
 

"Mr Park, do you mean i'm boring enough to induce you to sleep?" She asked, faking an upset voice. "So you think i'm a bore?"
 

"Ah no, i don't mean that! You're the most interesting person i've ever met!"
 

She smiled, turning back to look at her friends who were all cuddling together due to the cold air that was blowing into the room from the open door. She pushed it close and walked nearer to the edge of the balcony. "You know, that doesn't sound any better..."
 

Yoochun chuckled once again. "You're doing that on purpose, aren't you?"
 

"Maybe?" She teased, sitting down on one of the over sized chairs at the balcony. 
 

"I can't wait for you to return..." He muttered.


Jiyun's heart tightened.
 

"So i can use my headlock on you."

 

"...Idiot." She pouted.
 

"Eh? Were you expecting me to say something else?" His teasing voice was back.

 

"Maybe...?" She mumbled.
 

"Eh?"
 

"Weren't you expecting me to say that?" She teased, her playful laughter breaking through the silent night.
 

"You little...!"
 

"I learnt it from you!"
 

"Aish, you're giving me a headache..." He complained, although in fact he was trying to hide back on his smiles.
 

"Well, don't blame me for everything. Blame it on your unhealthy lifestyle!" She shrugged, hugging herself tighter as the night got colder.
 

"I have nothing to say..."
 

"Hehe... please do something about your lifestyle, your fans are going to worry! I mean, you’re still not sleeping at this time?"
 

"Who do i have to blame?" He replied, “You’re the one who woke me up, aren’t you?”
 

"Geez, you were the one who said you weren’t sleeping though..." She replied, followed by a small yawn.

 

"Tired?" 
 

"Yeah, you?" She asked, rubbing the back of her neck. The fatigue was slowly creeping up on her, after all the walking that she has done for the past few days.
 

"You should go sleep, it's really late..."
 

"How about you? Are you feeling sleepy already?"

 

"Don't worry about me, just go rest ok?"
 

"Ok..." She mumbled, "Sweet dreams! Dream of me!"
 

He grinned, "Good night!"


Tapping on the red phone icon, Jiyun hastily hung up on their conversation. Her hands placed over her chest as she tried her best to calm herself down. 'What did i just say? Oh no!'

Little did she know, on the other end of the phone, Mr Park was doing the same action.

‘Dream of me? How cute!’

Turning over to his bedside table, he picked up the stack of music scores that he had been working on for that whole week. Flipping through the different compositions, he stopped at a certain score.

He read the title that he had handwritten it with a marker.

'I Miss You...'