Chapter 20

Coincidental or Intentional?

'Miss Kim, please text me when you have arrived home safely!' was the first message Jiyun had received once she switched on her phone since her flight.

She chuckled while she read the message. She is currently waiting for her luggage at the luggage bay. 'How old does he think i am? It's not like i'm an a foreign country either...'

With every intention to type a cheeky reply to him, she grinned as she tapped on the reply button of her just switched on phone.

The message wasn't composed even halfway before a stream of message clogged up her message box.

'JASMINE! WE'RE HAVING A LADIES NIGHT AT RACHAEL'S NEXT WEEK, AND YOU MUST COME!'

'Jas, i guess Jessica has already told you about tonight. Come early, we need to catch up on times!'

'Jasmine, please come so that you can keep the two idiots in check. I.can't.handle.them.'

Jasmine. That's her real name, the one she uses in her home country.

She laughed for a little before noticing her bright pink luggage in clear view. With a swift movement, it was off the belt.

She was about to start pulling her luggage away from the belt area before she noticed a familiar name on one of the new messages.

“I'm strolling around the terminal while waiting to pick you up. Don't get too engrossed with shopping at the duty free area! Call me when you see this message!”


She didn't have to call the person who had sent the message; that person called her instead almost instantly after she finished reading it.
 

"Didn't i tell you not to get too engrossed with the shopping?" The exsperated voice echoed from the other side of the line. "I must have stuffed myself with 10kg worth of food into my stomach..."
 

Jiyun giggled. "I’m starving."

 

"Your parents have prepared a whole table worth of food at home, so please make your way out right now!"

 

"Yes yes, i'll be out before you can finish listening to your favourite IU song! See you in a second!"
 

"Wait... IU's song isn't short..."


And there. Jiyun had hung up on the phone.

Shaking her head in amusement, she picked up her luggage and looked at her phone once again.

Yoochun.
 

"I'll text him later." She muttered, pulling her now already collected luggage as she walked towards the arrival doors where her friend was waiting for her at.


 

"My bestie! Did you lose weight?!" Jiyun's friend, Shaun complained. "You were looking just about perfect the last time i sent you back to Korea, but looked what happened to you now! A bag of bones!" He continued nagging as he turned her around to observe from her head to toe. "Did you even eat your meals properly?!"
 

"Yes i did!" Jiyun replied happily as they finally exchanged a friendly hug with her best friend. "A certain Mr Park who is a few plane hours away from me kept nagging about the importance of eating. How can i not eat?" She muttered.


'Should i perhaps drop him a text about now? He will probably kick up a fuss if i don't...'
 

"Mr Park? You don't mean..." He whispered softly, inching near her ears so that only the two of them can hear, "Park Yoochun?"


She nodded, a slight shudder running down her spine.

'Was it our close proximity, or the mention of Mr Park's name that had caused me to react like that?' She wondered.
 

"Are you guys..."


Shaun wasn't able to complete his sentence as Jiyun had found her phone ringing. She casted an apologetic glance before picking her phone up. 
 

"MISS KIM! I TOLD YOU TO CALL ME WHEN YOU HAVE ARRIVED!"


Shaun raised his eyebrows. He had heard Yoochun's loud voice over the phone.
 

"No you didn't! You said 'when you have arrived home'. I'm still at the airport, so the message is still not due yet!" She said, stifling back a laughter. She was determined to piss him off, now that she gets the chance to.


A deep sigh echoed from within the phone.
 

"Yah, i got worried ok? I've even checked the arrival records just to make sure that your flight have landed safely..." He said softly, a genuine sound of worry reflecting from his words.
 

She broke into a grin. 'The little things he say that makes my day...'
 

"Mr Park, i've arrived safely, so don't worry ok?"


Yoochun let out a small sound acknowledgement, feeling relief gushing through his entire body.
 

"You're going to be alright by yourself, right?"
 

She nodded with a small grin on her face, although she is aware that he wasn't able to see that. "Don't worry, I'll be back in Korea before you realise it!"

 

"I've realised it already though..."
 

"Go hang out with your friends, time will pass by soon, I'm sure!" She mentioned, glancing over at a stressed looking Shaun who was currently on the phone as well. She frowned. ‘Did he put his phone on silent? Didn’t hear his phone ring just now...’


She was too engrossed in her phone call that she had failed to notice her surroundings.
 

"But..."
 

“Yun, we have to get going already. Your parents are already calling to complain about why i haven’t sent their precious daughter home. You know how much your mother nags, so please do me a favour and spare me the agony of getting another lecture...” A soft voice spoke up in the background, and Jiyun muttered a soft 'ok' in response.

 

"Hey, i got to go already. We'll talk again soon ok?"

 

"Hold on, who is that guy?" Yoochun asked, forcing any unpleasant thoughts away from his mind. ‘Who is he? Why does he call her on such an intimate term? YUN?!'
 

"Oh, that's my bestie, Shaun!"
 

"Shaun?" He cringed just at the sound of his name. He hated him already. "A guy?"


It took him every effort to not behave like a y and possessive madwoman. 'Jiyun will be unhappy if i behave like that. Besides, she said Shaun is her bestie. Purely bestie. Just like us.'

'Just like us?' He looked up in realization. Something was wrong about the equation.
 

"Yes, a guy... i think?" She replied, unsure, as a small giggle escaped . It was followed by a small ‘ouch’ as she muttered a curse under her breath.
 

Shaun had overhead the part about her being unsure about his uality and had given her a hard knock on her head. “I am a 100% male you idiot!” He whispered.
 

Jiyun stuck out her tongue in amusement. “My dear sister!” She whispered back as a reply.

 

Yoochun's free hand had already curled up into a fist unknowingly just imagining what was going on at the other side of the phone. With gritted teeth, he finally uttered, "Is that so? Jiyun, enjoy your trip ok? Let's talk later or something."


Hearing his voice, Jiyun returned her attention to their phone conversation.

‘Did he just call me Jiyun? What happened?’
 

"Hanging up already?” She pouted. She wanted to hear his voice a little more.


She heard the familiar deep chuckle that she can never get used to. Butterflies started fluttering in her stomach once more.
 

“Why? Can’t bear to part with me? Am i that irresistible?”
 

Jiyun could practically see the teasing grin from Yoochun who was currently thousands of miles away. She rolled her eyes, “Mr Park, i could say the same about you. After all, i wasn’t the one who had gone berserk when i didn’t call just now...”
 

“I... i didn’t... i didn't go berserk!” He stuttered. “That was purely concern for a friend ok? You were taking a plane, a dangerous mode of transportation! So i got worried! Don’t misunderstand!”
 

“Whatever. Mr Park, you didn’t have to explain it so thoroughly though, i understand that much.” She rolled her eyes and mumbled, feeling slightly hurt. ‘He didn’t have to make our relationship so clear cut, did he? Heck, didn’t i wish for him to make our relationship clearer? I got it now, didn’t i?’
 

“No, i mean...”


At that moment, she caught sight of Shaun who was looking at her with an irritated expression. He was tapping on his watch, indicating that they should get going soon.
 

“Anyway, i gotta go already. Bye!"
 

“Wait!”


Not waiting any second longer, Jiyun hung up the phone. She took a deep breath to calm herself down before turning to look at Shaun.
 

"You guys seem close." Was the first sentence that flowed out of Shaun's mouth after the call. "If i had not known any better, i'd thought that you guys are dating."
 

Jiyun rolled her eyes. "We're just friends, just like you and I."


'Exactly like you and i.’ She felt a prickling feeling in her heart.
 

He hesitated for a moment before he slowly nodded. "I see..."

 

"Tell me, bestie. Should i get myself a haircut?” She asked, combing through her long straight hair with her fingers. 
 

“You’re random.” He commented, shaking his head due to her randomness. “Think about that in the car and stop wasting time, your mother is going to kill me!”
 

She stuck her tongue out. “She’s going to kill you, not me.”
 

“Yun....” He stared at her, expressionless.

 

“Ok fine, fine...” She surrendered, “Let’s go already...” She complained, pulling on the handle of her luggage. 
 

"Lets go!" He replied happily in relief, snatching the handle to her luggage away from her and pulling it as he moved on ahead of Jiyun.
 

"Wait up!" She exclaimed, sprinting towards him.



In an apartment a few plane hours away from Jiyun, sat an unhappy Mr Park who had snuggled himself into a big couch. A slight pout formed on his face, with various thoughts on his mind.

One, Miss Kim had hung up on his call.
Two, Miss Kim sounded upset when she hung up.
Three, that suspicious extra character who had popped out all of a sudden. Who the hell is he anyway?
Four, it has only been less than half a day since Miss Kim left Korea. Only?
Five, why is he with her?
Six, why did it sound like that guy is close to her family too?
Seven, why did he call her on such an intimate term?
Lastly, who on earth is that Shaun?

 

"Park Yoochun," He started speaking to his own reflection from the drop down mirror, "Friends do not interfere with each others' choice of friends." He muttered.


It was something that Jiyun had made him promised to, and also an advice given by Kim Jaejoong, the consultant he could rely on.
 

"When will the two weeks be over?" He muttered, dragging his feet towards his personal home studio in hopes that composing may take his mind off a certain someone far away.

 

 

A/N: Hahah.. i'm late to upload this chapter :3 *speeds off in Yoochun's car*

OH yeah (for clarification sake), the cutting hair part... it's a manga (or asian) thing, about how girls always get a new haircut when having a heartbreak blah blah. Here, Jiyun is trying to figure out if she should back off... or not. (before you girls flare up with 'no, she should persist!', heh don't worry, more details will be revealed in the following chapters.... within this year i hope :P)