Chapter 27

Coincidental or Intentional?

"I'm here..." Yoochun announced, walking into the house casually as if it is his own home. With a small thud, the door closed.

 

"You're early." Jaejoong replied disinterestedly, tearing away from the television show for a split second to acknowledge him before continuing with his show. "Just make yourself at home first. Jiyun called to say that she will be a little late."

 

"Why?" He asked, walking towards the kitchen to get some water before returning to join Jaejoong on the couch. "She left the station before me."

 

"She figured that since you will probably take a while to send your 'obligation' back to her management company, might as well spend some time with her friend. Shaun, was it?"

 

"What?!” Yoochun sat up from his seat. Realising what he has done, he coughed a little before sitting back down. “None of my business.” He continued speaking, pulling out his phone to play with.

Nobody said anything else after that for a while. Until Jaejoong was done with his television show 30 minutes later.

 

“Stop fidgeting, you’re really irritating.” Jaejoong finally spoke out, switching the television off with the remote control. “You were distracting me from my show.”

 

“No i wasn’t.” He denied, continuing with the game on his phone.

 

“You guys fought again.” Jaejoong said, matter of factly. It wasn’t a question, but a statement.

 

“No we didn’t.” Yoochun pouted, putting his phone away. He reached forward for a cushion and hugged it tightly.

 

“Stop denying. Your actions have already deceived you.” He said, pointing towards the sacrificial item in Yoochun’s arms.

 

“What?” He asked, taking a long look at the cushion before throwing it to the far end of the couch. “It was her who started it. I was just trying to help the female lead. Miss Kim was too harsh on her.”

 

“Go on, go on.” Jaejoong encouraged, moving his body a little so that he was directly facing Yoochun.

 

“I don’t understand woman.” He finally looked down after a while of silence and started playing with his fingers.

 

“Which woman? Jiyun or the other one?” Jaejoong questioned.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” He mumbled. “Wait. Who is the other one?” He asked with a confused expression as he looked up to meet eyes with Jaejoong.

 

“I don’t know her name. The ‘obligation’ girl Jiyun mentioned? You really are taking good care of your female leads recently, aren’t you?”

 

“Ah. Hye Jin? She’s Miss Kim’s friend from university, obviously i should treat her better right?”

 

“Enough to piss Jiyun... i wonder what you did...” Jaejoong mumbled under his breath, looking at his phone that had vibrated earlier on, indicating a new incoming message.

 

“What did you just say?”

 

“Jiyun is already at the basement carpark, i should go heat the food up. Go get her at the door, she doesn’t know my passcode yet.” He said and walked towards the door viewer, pressing a button just as Jiyun rang the bell so that she can be allowed into the building.

 

“Why should i? I’m not the doorman.” Yoochun replied defiantly, lying on the couch and covering his face with his arm.

 

“Suit yourself. She’s going to be stranded outside like a homeless girl, and you’re going to be responsible for that.” Jaejoong said before walking into the kitchen.


Yoochun continued to lie on the couch until he heard the familiar music coming from the doorbell.

 

“Yah! You’re really going to be a heartless person?” Jaejoong shouted out from the kitchen.

 

“If you’re that worried, why don’t you be the hero and open the door for her?” He lazily replied, although he was already starting to look towards the direction of the door. His heart skipped another beat when the door rang once more. 

 

“You idiot! I need to carry the food to the table! Go get the freaking door right now!”

 

“Aish. You owe me one.” He complained as he started dragging his feet towards the door viewer to open it. The door clicked open as he pulled it wider so that the guest has enough space to walk in.


The two of them stared at each other at the doors, neither of them wanting to start the conversation first. After a while, it was Jiyun who finally started speaking.

 

“You’re early. I thought you were sending her back?” Jiyun asked, not even wanting to mention that person’s name.

 

“And you’re late. I reckon you had a good time with your lover boy?”


Jiyun glared at Yoochun for a few seconds in anger before turning to the other direction. She took a deep breath to calm herself down before walking into the house, ignoring him.


'Really, is there a need to pick up another fight now?'

 

“What? Are you guilty of something? That’s why you are not replying me?”

 

Jiyun stopped in her tracks. “For your information Mr Park Yoo Chun, i don’t have the obligation to answer to every of your questions.”

 

“This is called courtesy.”

 

“I only show courtesy to people who deserves it.” She rolled her eyes, walking towards the dining table where Jaejoong is, placing the last dish. “Like Jaejoong.”

 

“You....”

 

“Hey hey, stop that. No quarrelling in my house!” Jaejoong finally intervened. “I don’t care what is happening between the two of you, just sit down and eat!”

 

Jiyun smiled for the first time since she stepped into the house. “I’m hungry!”

 

Jaejoong grinned. “I hope the food is to your liking! Come on, sit down!” He prompted and grabbed her shoulders to direct her to a seat at the round dining table.

 

Without waiting for Yoochun, they started digging in to the food happily. When they realised that Yoochun is still standing, Jaejoong sighed. “Two choices - one, sit down and eat. two, you can do it buffet style and have a seat at the living room. Either way, eat.”

 

Yoochun groaned and rolled his eyes, “Ok fine.” He said in reply, lifting his hands up as if surrendering to the current situation he is in, before sitting down at the empty seat in between Jaejoong and Jiyun.

Jiyun moved her seat nearer to Jaejoong in response.

 

“Am i that repulsive to you now?” Yoochun muttered under his breath as he pretended to be unaffected by it by picking up some food using his chopsticks from the nearest plate.

 

“Jaejoong, this tastes exactly like the ones i ate back home!” She commented, directly ignoring Yoochun’s question.

 

“Oh great, now that she has her lover boy, she is starting to ignore her friendol.” He whispered, venting his anger on the chicken drumstick he picked up.


Friendol - The word that had been created to explain Jiyun and his relationship.

 

“Yoochun, can’t you just hold back on your comments for once?” Jaejoong asked in the most polite tone he can come up with, although he was practically burning up inside.


Jiyun held back on her anger as she took a peek at Jaejoong.


‘Endure... Jiyun, endure this. You are dealing with an extremely childish boy right now, so you need to have as much patience as possible...’


That was what Jaejoong was trying to tell her from his eye contact.

She grinned. ‘At least this guy knows how i am feeling right now.’

 

“Jaejoong, do come by my house the next time you are free. I’ll cook up a feast for you as thanks for this meal!” She said with an extremely grateful look, “Although it will definitely pale in comparison to yours...”


Yoochun looked up from his chicken drumstick.

 

“Just you, Jaejoong.” She added, a smile appearing on her face. She had noticed that Yoochun was looking at her.


Yoochun bit his inner lips and looked down once again.

 

“Sure! Let’s make it next Saturday then! Text me your address later!” He grinned. “Can i make special request for the dishes?”

 

“Why not?” She chuckled. “You’re the VIP.”

 

“I can’t allow it.” Yoochun finally broke out of his silence after a long period of time - 30 whole seconds.

 

“Why?" Jaejoong asked, while Jiyun gave him a dirty look.

 

"You're a celebrity, Jaejoong. How can you be seen going in and out of a woman's house?" Yoochun hastily explained.

 

"...Says the celebrity who spent the night at my house." Jiyun mumbled under her breath.

 

"Yoochun, you spent the night at Jiyun's house before?!" Jaejoong asked with his jaws wide open, shocked at the new piece of information.


‘Exactly how far has their relationship progressed until?’

 

"That's not relevant to our current topic. Anyway, it's probably not the best place you should go to, Jaejoong."

 

Jiyun let out a sarcastic laugh. "You're not making any sense right now. Why is it that only you can come to my house but not others? It is my house, i have the freedom to invite anyone i want to."

 

"Oh yeah, that's right. It's your freedom to invite anyone you want to. How about inviting everyone over then? Jaejoong, Junsu, the Beast boys like GiKwang, your lover boy Shaun too. Or do you need me to introduce some other guys to you?"

'Lover boy?' Jaejoong thought, turning to look at Jiyun instantly. 'What is going on?'

 

“You know what? Maybe i should!” Jiyun replied in anger, pulling out her phone from her pocket. With swift actions, she tapped on her screen a few times before putting it to her ear.

 

“Kwangie?” She spoke with strong emphasis of his name on purpose, knowing how much Yoochun hates her to be in contact with GiKwang, “Hey, are you and the boys free next Saturday? Yes? Great, come by my house for dinner next Saturday then! I’ll text you my address in a while! Ok see you soon!” She spoke happily on the phone before ending the conversation with a smile.

 

Glancing back at Yoochun with a look of triumph, she asked, “Who else did you mention just now? Shaun, my lover boy, is that right?”, before looking back at her phone to retrieve her friend’s number. She was about to dial his number when Jaejoong stopped her by putting his hand on the hand that she had her phone held on.

 

“Jiyun...” Jaejoong warned, looking at her with a serious expression on his face. He then directed her attention to Yoochun using his eyes.

4 words.


Yoochun.is.fuming.mad.

But that doesn’t mean Jiyun isn’t either.

She sighed, lowering and shaking her head sideways hoping that it will shake her anger away somehow. She couldn’t stand being in the same place as Yoochun anymore once again. Who knows what worse things she could utter out during her anger.

 

“Jaejoong, i think...” She started muttering but once she saw the hurt expression on Jaejoong’s face, she flinched. The look on his face was shouting for her to stay on for him and to ignore Yoochun. “....i think, i’ll go cool myself down at the balcony. I’ll have my dinner there instead...” She muttered, filling the empty plate with some of the dishes before carrying it and her rice bowl away from the dining table.

 

“Congratulations, you just pushed her further away from you.” Jaejoong commented once Jiyun was out of sight.

Yoochun didn’t reply and instead, continued stuffing big mouthful of food into his mouth.