Chapter 2

Coincidental or Intentional?

Jiyun straighted her outfit nervously for the Nth time for that day; it was their first meeting with the client company for the MV production. And apparently they are late, making her more fidgety as the seconds ticked by.
 

"Just be yourself " Her boss whispered, obviously used to his environment already. "It's only our first meeting, and the staff here are very friendly." It had turned out that he had accepted the job as a favor for his friend, who was coincidentally the client.
 

"I can't, my heart has already climbed up to my throat..." She replied in her choked voice, proving her point that her heart was indeed in . "Besides, i was too nervous that i hadn't noticed where we are..."


Her boss rolled his eyes.

 

"Seriously..."

 

"What? It's nerve wrecking ok?"
 

"Fine. We're at C..."


He hadn't managed to complete his sentence, for he saw the door knob turned, followed by a group of staff strolling in.

Then, a familiar broad shoulder caught her sight.
 

"CJes..." Jiyun whispered.
 

"Yes." Her boss beamed.



 

"Jiyun... Kim Jiyun!" Her boss nudged her elbow, immediately snapping her out of her trance.

 

"What?" Jiyun whispered back in annoyance. She felt so... set up, even though her boss was not aware of her little situation - that she had been trying to undergo her self proclaimed 'cold turkey', away from Park Yoochun.


Out of mind, out of sight.

And there he was, right in front of her a week into her little 'therapy'. Right. What are the chances of this happening?

Apparently, the reason why they were all gathered in that meeting room, was for Park Yoochun's solo album. And according to Cjes's CEO, it was Yoochun himself who had thought of incorporating all the songs in the album such that it becomes an album that tells a story.

'Yet another coincidence.' She thought. It had been her idea as well, one that she had thought of and had tweeted to Yoochun more than a year ago, when he still had his twitter account.

Plagiarism.
 

"So...." Mr Baek, also the CEO of Cjes, spoke up, "Miss Kim, would you mind telling us what ideas do you have with regards to this project?"


Jiyun slowly cleared and looked around. Her eyes naturally went towards the most attractive pair of eyes in the room. They were looking back at her as well.

No prize for correctly guessing who it belongs to.

She choked a little and diverted her attention away from him. She could've sworn that she had seen from the side of her eyes, that the ghost of a smile was lingering on his lips.
 

"I was thinking of 2 standard MVs and a 15 to 20 odd minute movie MV."


Everyone frowned.

‘Uh-oh. This isn't going the right way.’
 

"As you all should've realised, although a long movie story theme is what you guys would prefer, no normal fans, or potential new fans could keep watching the long MV again and again - although a hardcore fan (like me) would probably do that."


She looked around for reactions. Frowns eased up a little and Mr Baek was actually in deep thoughts.
 

"Please continue." Yoochun prompted with a smile. He seemed... happy.
 

"From my knowledge, there are two compulsory songs? And they go in different directions. One, lovey dovey, and the other, heartbreak?"


Yoochun nodded.
 

"Since it is two different directions, we'll film it that way. Two MV scenarios, two songs, same casts."
 

"Wait. You're losing me." Mr Baek interrupted.


Jiyun smiled. ‘At least they are getting interested in this talk.’
 

"What i meant to say is, we'll use the two compulsory MV songs as the main structure of the story that will also happen in the 15~20 minutes movie. First MV is 'breaking up', while the second is 'getting back together'. That's for the MV part."


The staff were by now, all looking attentively in her direction.

‘Yes! Got their full attention!’

Jiyun grinned happily; it wasn't half as bad as she had thought.
 

"We'll further explain the whole story from that two MVs in the movie; Why did the couple break up? What happened after that? How did they get back together? All the fine details will be shown in the movie itself, of course, at the same time incorporating the rest of the amazing songs from this album."


She saw a number of staff nodding in agreement.
 

"It's great! We'll get to promote the individual songs and at the same time, showcase Yoochun's talented acting!"


She looked at her boss - he was obviously pleased with her idea, but had to ruin it by putting on that poker face. She rolled her eyes. And looked at Yoochun's expression to see his reaction with regards to her idea.

Bad choice.
 

"You really think my songs are amazing?" He mumbled softly, barely loud enough for her to hear. He was staring right at her.


'Urm, what has that got to do with my idea? Was he even listening to what I've presented earlier on?'

She felt her heart sank.

Then she realised; Yoochun was still looking at her, expecting her for her answer.
 

"Yes, they are the best. I love every single track."


The edge of his lips turned upwards; he smiled.
 

"Thanks, and i love your idea as well."


Project Cold Turkey Aborted.


 

"So... any ideas on how the story will be like?" Mr Baek asked, 1 hour and 30 minutes into the meeting. They had roughly reached an understanding with regards to how their movie promotions should go in line with their concept.


Jiyun slightly rubbed her chin.
 

"I have some fuzzy ideas here and there, but perhaps Mr Park should light up the path a little; he's the composer for all the songs in his album after all."


Yoochun gave a light smile to everyone in the room before he sat up straight.
 

"Those songs; they all tell a story on its own. And where possible, i would like to create them in a way that i can relate. As an idol, an artiste."
 

"A relationship between an artiste and a normal person?" She prompted.


Yoochun nodded, the ghost of a shadow appearing once again.

Jiyun thought for a while, rubbing her earlobe a little, in deep thoughts. Should she...? It was pretty close to what Yoochun wanted anyway, and she wouldn't need to think up of another story. She wouldn't been plagerising; that fanfic was written by her after all.

‘Whatever, here goes nothing.’
 

"How about..."


And the rest is history.


 

"So Miss Kim, we'll expect your storyboard in a weeks' time, if that's ok with you?" Mr Baek asked, pleasantly satisfied at the idea that Jiyun had proposed earlier on.


A love story of a couple from different backgrounds - one, an idol, the other a commoner. How they dated in secrecy, how they drifted apart due to the antis, how they struggled while being apart, and how they eventually went against all odds to get together again.

‘Of course i will never mention about the pregnancy part; that's just overkill. Yoochun would never do that.’

Jiyun nodded happily.
 

"Hmmm, what kind of scenes should we put into the movie..." She asked herself, not realising that she was actually speaking out, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.
 

"Shall i contribute some ideas?"


Jiyun looked up. She didn't need to, she could easily recognise that voice. Fandom aside, they had already been in that same meeting room for nearly two hours, that's enough time to recognise everybody's voice.
 

He rubbed the back of his ear as though thinking, before replying, "A picnic in an open field?"


Jiyun's heart skipped a beat.

‘Coincidence, coincidence. This must be it.’

She tried to psycho herself.
 

"A stroll along the Han River at night?" He added, a small smile slowly creeping onto his face. "Shopping for groceries at the supermarket?"


Jiyun rolled her eyes mentally. Where had all the efforts from that cold turkey went to?
 

"Yeah, why don't we add the scary gifts and bullying that made the female lead back off from him due to pressure, or how the female lead had to put the lock that the male lead had prepared at the N Tower herself since they had broken up and she wasn't able to forget him? Or perhaps showing how depressed the male lead was after the breakup?"


Jiyun couldn't care anymore, and just blurted out everything that she could remember from her fanfic.

‘As if he will recognise it anyway.’

Yoochun chuckled seeing everyone stare at Jiyun in bewilderment.
 

"You're full of ideas. Your brain." He commented.


‘. Is he laughing at me?’
 

"Well, anyway i gotta go now. It was really nice meeting you, and i look forward to seeing the actual script and storyboard soon." Yoochun grinned as he stood up. Most of his staff followed his lead and walked out of the office.

 

"W...wait! Does that mean that you actually agreed to those ideas?"

 

"Yeah, i love them!"


‘Love?!’
 

"Ah! But..." He added, walking over to where she was sitting at.


‘Oh my gosh i'm hyperventilating. Please save me from this soul er.’
 

"...It would be nice if you can include the ring scene." He whispered by her ear, leaning nearer to her and giving her a quick wink before turning around towards the door.

 

"W..what do you mean?"


Without turning back, he stopped and raised his left hand, pointing to his pinky, where a ring had been placed there. "This."

With a slight wave, the soul er was gone.

Jiyun felt her entire body went limp and plunged right into the chair directly behind her.

‘This is all just a coincidence. I'm sure.’