Chapter 36

Coincidental or Intentional?

"Mr Park? What are you doing here?" Jiyun asked with a confused expression as she found herself staring right at Yoochun who was standing right in front of her door.

Everyone had left for home shortly after their dinner gathering ended, including Yoochun and Jiyun who had left separately. Therefore, it is a little shocking to find Yoochun standing in front of her doorsteps.

 

He grinned sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck as his field of vision roamed everywhere but her eyes. Finally when he saw the bag that he had been holding all along, he shoved it right towards Jiyun's face. "For you." He muttered. "As a celebration to commemorate the end of our quarrel."

 

Jiyun shook her head, trying her best to hide the smile that had gradually made its way to her face. Her ears were burning hot. "You're so silly." She chuckled, taking a step to her side, "Do you want to come in?"

 

"Can i?" He asked cautiously, peeking into her apartment. "I mean, it's already so late and..."

 

"I wish you had thought of that when you first came over." Jiyun interrupted with a slight sarcasm. "Don't you think it's already too late for this talk?"

 

"I..."

 

"Come on in, unless you want to turn around and go home right now?" She offered again with a small laugh before turning away and back into her living room, checking out the bag which revealed to be a tub of ice cream.

 

"I'm coming in then..." He muttered, closing the door after him.

 

"Mr Park, are you still bearing a grudge with me?"

 

"Huh? What makes you think this way?" He asked, flabbergasted.

 

"Ice cream makes my stomach upset, and to think you bought a whole big tub of it..." She pouted, poking at the exterior of the tub. She was seriously contemplating as to whether she should ignore her weak stomach and to dig in to the ice cream regardless of the consequences.

 

"Silly Miss Kim," He chuckled. He was about to reach forward to pinch her puffed up cheeks when he stopped himself.

'Is this ok? Will she mind?'

 

He faked a cough before pulling his hands back into his pocket. "Miss Kim, i bought it at an ice cream shop that specialises in non dairy ice cream. Don't worry, i won't feed you with anything that will harm your stomach."

Jiyun tried to hold back on her smile, which later proved to be futile. She turned away from him and settled herself on her couch. Immediately after, she pulled off the lid and started digging in to the ice cream happily.

 

"Make yourself at home, feel free to get whatever drinks you want from the fridge!" She commented before taking a spoonful of ice cream. It was followed by her retrieving the thin stack of papers on the coffee table to read it through.

 

"What are you doing?" He asked, walking to join her at the couch with two cups of iced water in his hands. He left them on the table before leaning to her side to catch a glimpse of the paper.

 

"I'm doing a last minute check on the storyboard for tomorrow's filming..." She carelessly mumbled, stifling a yawn, not noticing the closing in of distance between the two of them since she was too engrossed in her work.

 

"Hmm, i see..." He replied uninterestingly, scanning through the pictures on the storyboard. "Sunggyu and Myungsoo from Infinite huh? Are they any good? I think Jaejoong knows one of the guys."

 

"Really, Jaejoong does?” She asked, glancing to her side where Yoochun sat. She readjusted herself, moving slightly away from him as she had finally realised how close they were sitting together. “Yeah, great guys they are." She muttered a reply with a tinge of blush, not looking up even once.

 

Yoochun nodded a little, pulling out the spoon that was still hanging in . "How's the song?" He asked, scooping another spoon of ice cream and fed it to her.

 

"Great, as expected from the main vocalist of the group..." She smiled as she said that, feeling blissful due to the ice cream. "The lyrics are great as well. I'm sure a lot of people can relate to it."

'Like me.'

 

"When is it coming out? I wonder how it sounds like..." He commented, now scooping some ice cream for himself.

 

"Oh, i have the song on my ipad. Go get it from my room if you want to listen to it." Jiyun said, turning to another page of her storyboard before stretching her neck from the accumulated fatigue. She reached out for the glass of water. "At the same time, would you please get my phone for me as well? They are both in my bag."

 

"Alrighty!" He replied, standing up and making his way to her room. He had been going to her house for a few times to date, so navigating around her house was not a problem to him.

 

"Here's your phone and ipad." He announced when he came back and sat back at the same seat from earlier on.

 

"Oh thanks." She smiled, taking both gadgets from his hands.

With swift movements, Jiyun unlocked her phone with the intention to check for new messages or missed calls.

However, Yoochun noticed something oddly different with her phone since the last time he saw it.

The wallpaper has been changed to one of Jiyun with Shaun.

Yoochun tried hard to refrain himself from asking anything about the change of wallpaper.

 

"I heard you were with Shaun at Cojjee that other day?" He found himself asking. When faced with a questioning look from Jiyun, he further explained, "Jaejoong told me."

'At least i held back from asking her straight on about that wallpaper.' He tried consoling himself.

 

"Ah yes. I have been showing him around for the past few weeks during my free time. Boss's official orders."

 

"I see..." He muttered.

 

"What is his relationship with you now?" He asked again unconsciously. He had easily been reminded of that incident where Shaun had admitted to confessing to Jiyun.

'Damn my mouth.'

 

"Friends, durh." Jiyun simply replied, scribbling some notes on her paper. She was still concentrating deeply in her work, so she simply replied with whatever comes to her mind first. "I made it clear to him when he confessed to me once again while at Cojjee."

 

"What?! That bastard confessed to you not only once?!" Yoochun asked, his voice slightly raised with agitation.

That was when Jiyun finally broke out from her work mode. She raised her eyebrows while looking at Yoochun with a questioning look. After a while, with no reply from Yoochun, she sighed.

 

"Language, Mr Park. And yes, that makes it twice." She replied nonchalantly, showing a two sign with her fingers before returning her field of vision towards her script. "He asked me to return back home with him."

 

"No freaking way." He said, his voice so grimmed and strained that Jiyun had to look up again.

 

"I didn't say i agreed to it though." She replied, now staring at the half melted ice cream. Clicking her tongue from upset seeing how the ice cream was turning into liquid, she stood up and quickly carried it to the fridge in her kitchen. "Although he did mentioned that he wouldn't give up this time..." She chuckled. "He seemed pretty serious."

 

"And you... you didn't agree to it because....?" He questioned, his hand gripping tightly on the side of the sofa.

 

"Why does it matter to you anyway?" Jiyun suddenly questioned with her back facing him. She was standing silently at the counter top at the kitchen, seemingly in deep thoughts.

 

"What?" He asked, startled by her question. He looked up towards her direction.

 

"It's apparently between Shaun and me, why are you so interested in our affairs?" She spoke softly, her head hung low.

'Really, i wonder why as well...' He thought.

 

"Well..." He stuttered, "Isn't it normal for close friends to be worried about each other? Especially since i've heard about how he broke your heart previously..."

 

Jiyun stood in her place for a moment before looking up and turning back towards the couch. "You're right, it is only right for friends to be worried about each other!" She grinned and patted him on his back. "Let's be best friends forever!"

Yoochun returned her grin with a forced smile.

 

"Is there a possibility that you may agree to his confession in any case?" He continued to ask. “He mentioned about not giving up, didn’t he?”

 

Jiyun shrugged, stifling another yawn before reaching for the ipad on the table. "I don't know. Anything is possible as long as the both of us are single, isn't it?"

Yoochun didn't realise it himself, but his grip on the couch got even tighter.


Sensing that Yoochun didn't have the intention to reply her anytime soon, she in turn asked him something else. A question that that been hovering in her mind since before.

 

“Jaejoong told me that you sent me home that other day when we went to his house for dinner?” She asked straight to the point.

 

Yoochun nodded accordingly. “You were pretty wasted, for someone who had claimed to not get drunk no matter how she drinks.”

 

“Well,” She retorted, giving him the evil eye, “I know my limits when drinking - usually. If not for the fact that someone was getting me all pissed off, i wouldn’t have gotten myself that drunk.”

 

“Excuses~” Yoochun teased, grinning cheekily in her face.

 

“Did i... do or say anything out of the ordinary?” She mumbled under her breath. “Did i make a fool out of myself?”

 

“W... what...?” Yoochun stuttered, almost biting on his own tongue. Suddenly, it felt like the whole scene that night started replaying in his mind once again.

 

“Gosh... did i really?!” Jiyun panicked, seeing how Yoochun had paled after her question. “What did i do?!”

‘She doesn’t remember anything?’

 

“You don’t remember anything?” He pried as he started praying mentally that that was the case.

Jiyun nodded, much to the delight of Yoochun.

 

“You just slept like a baby after i carried you out of Jaejoong’s house.” He responded with the calmest expression that he could muster up. “Although, it’s time for you to go on a diet.” He added, trying to lighten up the atmosphere as much as possible.

 

“Hmmph. Speak for yourself.” She pouted, slapping him lightly on his arm.

Yoochun had a pleased look on his face as he continued to observe Jiyun’s various expressions.

 

“I’m really glad that we are back on speaking terms.” He admitted. “I missed talking to you.”

 

“Tch.” Jiyun rolled her eyes, although her ears were already starting to heat up, “It’s about time you realise my importance.” She added, meeting her eyes with his.

 

“I know...” He muttered, an unusual look appearing on his face.

A loving look.

Then, the mood suddenly turned ambiguous. Both parties looked away from each other, realising the change in mood. They know that one wrong step may break the already weird relationship between them.

Jiyun was the one who snapped out of her trance the earliest.

 

“Didn’t you say that you wanted to listen to Sunggyu’s song?” She asked, her head turning back to her ipad.

Yoochun nodded.

 

"Give me a moment while i find it... Oh here it is!" She muttered, tapping on the screen twice.

The melodious sound slowly travelled out from the gadget.

 

"I love this song..." She said, a smile appearing on Jiyun's face. She placed the gadget on her coffee table before leaning back on her couch in a relaxed manner with a cushion in her arms. There was no way she could speak another word with him, not with her red cheeks and ears.

Yoochun turned to his side and followed her action by sitting back and relaxing himself as well, closing his eyes to concentrate on the song.


I kept walking when I stopped and looked around – then I met eyes with you
I quickly turned my head and stared at my feet – then I slowly looked up

My eyes widen, my lips slowly part
My heart is ringing in my ears

60 seconds is enough for this story
You have entered my heart
I don’t doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time
That’s the kind of person you are, a story that’s enough for me
I don’t need a reason
You made my heart flutter and you made me find you – that first time

Your voice gets choppy and the tears slowly rise and overflow
I hug you in my arms for a while and slowly let you go

My eyes go blank and my lips lost all words
My heart stops at the sound of your sighs

60 seconds is enough for this story
You have disappeared from my life
I didn’t hold onto you, I saw your heart in this not-so-short time
That’s the kind of person you are, a story that’s enough for me
You’re message has been clearly told
You said you were hurting and I let you go – that last time

(My two different stories) It was a hot (story) and cold time (with U)
Both are memories that you gave to me
(My two different stories) A different you in the same time
Memories of both days

60 seconds is enough for this story
You have entered my heart
I don’t doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time
That’s the kind of person you are, a story that’s enough for me
You disappeared from my life
But I didn’t hold onto you, I saw your heart in that not-so-short time
(credit to: Pop!Gasa)


 

"Well... it's pretty good..." Yoochun commented just as the song ended. Hearing no reply from Jiyun, he turned towards her, realising that she had just fallen asleep.

 

"Miss Kim?" He asked softly, nudging her shoulders slightly. Jiyun merely moved a little and let out a small irritated sound before adjusting her posture a little more and getting back to sleep.

Yoochun found himself smiling at the sight of that. 'So cute...' He thought.

He had two choices: One, to carry her back to her bed and tuck her in before leaving. Two, to let her sleep the way she is currently sleeping.

He glanced at the sleeping figure once again.

'Well, it's not like as if she would find out...' He thought to himself. Hesitating a little, he inched nearer to her before moving her head to sleep on his lap.


'She will never know...' He told himself, combing the loose strands of hair behind her ear.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: For anyone who hasn't heard of the song yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUUuUg9xoqs