Chapter 14

Coincidental or Intentional?

Yoochun had been lounging lazily on his bed for the past few minutes ever since he woke up. He was barely awake; he had only arrived back in Korea just that morning.

'Just one more country to fly to and my tour will be officially over.'

He smiled. Although the past few weeks of touring Asia had been thoroughly satisfying and interesting, one cannot deny that home is still the best place to be at. He let out yet another yawn.

'Maybe i should just sleep in for the whole day.' He thought, and rolled over to the other side of the bed. There and then, he spotted the 3D paper model of a grand piano.

'Jiyun.' He thought and smiled.

That piano had first been spotted in Jiyun's apartment. It was originally intended to be given to him during JYJ's first showcase, but due to the event organizer's policy of not accepting fan gifts, she wasn't able to pass it to him. Which explains the reason why it was in her display case.

Yoochun took a liking to the gift. And brought it home. Which explains the reason why it was in his display case now instead.

'I wonder what has she been doing recently...'

With that, he reached out for his phone from the bed side table and tapped on the app for twitter. A quick search for her username brought him to the intended party.

He let out a soft, tired chuckle. “Never thought that i will be checking up on you this way, huh?”


That was right. Previously when he had an account with twitter, he had constantly noticed that a fan had always tweeted at almost the same time at him. Without fail. It wasn't on purpose like the rest of the fans as there were times when she was the one who had tweeted minutes earlier than him. Not to him; just tweeting in general.

It doesn't matter whether she had mentioned him or not in her tweets. It just happens that they were always online at almost the same time. She was always tweeting random, unexpected things. And that got him pretty interested in her.

Soon, he found himself silently 'following' her.

And when he first saw her in that meeting room, he had barely fought off all urge to run up to her and introduce himself as 'the one who has been reading her tweets to relieve his stress from work.'

Another chuckle left his mouth when he recalled of the near past, bringing him back to reality. He tapped on the user name and squinted at her latest tweet.
 

"지윤‏@namelessyun

My next project has been confirmed! It's going to involve Mr Chocolate Abs and his group! Thanks Boss! ♥

Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

9:25 AM - 8 Oct 12 · Details”

The squint turned into a frown. Instantaneously, he found himself completely awake and sitting up on his bed. Wide awake.

 

"Chocolate abs? Gikwang?" He muttered under his breath. Ruffling his hair, he dived back into his bed, turning to the side where the piano is visible from his view. He took a look at the piano, then at the phone, where the message was glaring brightly at him, and then felt for the double ring on his necklace.

The necklace was still hanging on his neck. In fact, that necklace has never left his neck ever since he put it on, except for when he had to take a bath.

Various thoughts started appearing on his mind. 'Why is she taking on a project involving Gikwang? What kind of project is that? Will my number one position be replaced by him? Should i go train for some abs to get her back?'

 

"Argh! I don't know! Silly thoughts, get lost!" He shouted.

He was lucky that his family members weren't at home.

With an unsettled mind, he started typing a message to her. Huffing and puffing in anger from his hay wired imaginations, he sat up straight and crossed both his arms and legs respectively in their right places, waiting for her to reply.

Minutes later, he was out of his room. Leaving for the gym that he seldom frequent.

‘Waiting is a torture.’



Miles away, Jiyun and her boss had just finished their meeting with Cube Entertainment. It was their final meeting before they proceed with preparations for the MV filming. Jiyun’s boss had decided that she was capable of undertaking another role in her career, and that is to become an Assistant Producer, mainly focusing on MV productions.

‘Why not?’ She had thought when her boss had proposed that suggestion to her. ‘Something new to add to my portfolio.’

And there she is, working on her new role.

 

“Miss Kim, it’s nice having you on board. You have a good insight of what fans like.” One of the staff from Cube commented.

 

Jiyun smiled. “I’m just doing my part.”

 

“Let’s go back?” Her boss suggested with a grin on his face. He was pleased with Jiyun’s performance till date.

 

“Yeah, just let me check my phone in case any of our colleagues called...” She mumbled, fumbling through her bag to search for her phone. “Ah! There it is...” She let out a small smile.

Which instantly changed into an amused look.

 

"Miss Kim! Why are you involved in a project that Gikwang is in? I've only been gone for a couple of weeks, don't cheat on me! :("

Reading it again, she couldn’t help but let out an amused laugh. It was sent three hours ago. ‘What was that guy thinking?’

 

“What’s wrong?” Her boss asked, noticing that Jiyun has a smile on her face.

 

“Someone has just lost his mind.” She laughed once again, typing a quick reply back to the sender.

 

“Mr Park, the first thing you say after weeks of not contacting me is ‘Don’t cheat on me’? Seriously...”

She was making direct references to what he had said back at the backstage before his fan meet in Seoul weeks ago.

 

“Let’s go!” Jiyun said, throwing her phone in her bag after sending her message.

 

“Nuna!” Gikwang called out, running into the meeting room excitedly. He had just returned back to Cube from his other schedules and had missed out on the meeting.

Jiyun and her boss grinned.

One of their favourite idols has come to see them.

 

“Yes, Kwangie?” She asked. Somehow, during their interactions from all the meetings, they have gotten closer with each other. Both Jiyun and her boss found it hard not to shower him with extreme care and concern. He is like a little brother to everyone.

 

“Nuna, I don’t have any schedules tonight. Let’s have dinner together!”

She looked at her boss. He nodded, indicating that it was alright for her to do so.

 

“But Kwangie, I'm already tired from today’s work...”

 

“Please nuna? I’ve got some doubts about the MV as well, so i was thinking of discussing it over dinner...” He pleaded. He was putting on a happy face even though it was obvious that he was disappointed over being rejected.

Yes, she was once again, the storyboard creator for the MV.

Trying to avoid Gikwang’s pleading face, Jiyun looked over to her boss for help.

 

“Hyung can come too!” Gikwang added.

Jiyun laughed while her boss sighed in defeat.

 

“Gikwang, why do i feel like I'm the add-on in the package?” Her boss complained. “Jiyun, stop laughing!”

 

“Hahaha... alright, alright. Let’s go!” Jiyun continued laughing, giving a pat on both her boss and Gikwang’s back.

It is just too cruel to see the boy in front of them getting so upset.


Their happiness was short lived, for a phone call had interrupted them. It was Jiyun’s phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Miss Kim, it took you three hours to reply me!”

‘He is clearly pouting over the other side of the phone. So cute!’

 

“I can’t help it, i was in a meeting at Cube Entertainment.”

 

“For the project? With Gikwang?”

 

“Yes, with Gikwang. If you were referring to the MV.”

Upon hearing that, Gikwang looked up and towards her. Jiyun just did a small wave on her hand indicating that it was nothing.

 

“Ah, so your new project is for Beast's MV?"

 

“Yeah, what else were you thinking?”
 

"Urm, nothing. So, are you done now?”

 

“Yeah, just done.”

 

“Shall we grab some dinner together?”

 

“Urm, not today. I’m going for dinner with...”

 

“Gikwang?”

 

“Urm, yeah.”

She heard a deep irritated sigh over the phone.

 

“We’re discussing about work over dinner! My boss will be with us as well!”

‘Wait. Why am i even explaining myself?’

 

“..........”

 

“Hello? Are you still there?”

 

“Yeah, i kind of spaced out just now. Too tired, i guess.”

 

“Seriously you should start to learn how to take care of yourself! Did you get enough rest? Remember to get proper dinner, and i don't mean cup noodles! Don’t get any skinnier than you already are! ”

She heard him coughing slightly to mask away the smile that he had tried to cover up with.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m heading out for dinner with the boys later.”

Jiyun heaved a sigh of relief. Then, a small giggle made its way to her face.

 

“You’ve already had plans, and you’re still asking me out?”

 

“See how privileged you are, and to think you put Gikwang before me! Ungrateful! I'm going to finish all the snacks that i've bought for you!”

Another grin found its way to her face. ‘Mr Park is in a good mood.’

 

“I’m not putting him before you, it’s just that you were a few minutes late. Too bad!”

 

“Aish. I’m going to ask Junsu to make Gikwang do longer warm up drills during their practice.”

 

“Shall i give him a warning now?”

She laughed, glancing at Gikwang who was looking at her speak.

 

“He’s beside you?”

 

“Uhuh...”

 

“Aish. Never mind. Just don’t stay out too late ok? Drop me a text when you're home so i know that you're safe.”

 

“Yes Mr Naggy!”

 

“One last question. I’m still your number one, right?”

 

“Yes! Can i hang up now? The guys are waiting.”

 

“Ok. Bye?”

 

"Enjoy your boys night out too! Bye!"


Jiyun smiled as she hung up, thinking, ‘Such a naggy guy, i wonder how will his fans think if they know this trait of his...'

 

“Jiyun?” Gikwang asked with a puzzled look. Her boss was behind him, looking at her as well.

 

“Ah! Sorry, let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Next update, Wednesday (just cos i don't have any brain juice left).

 

I'm joking about the brain juice.