Chapter 31

Coincidental or Intentional?

"Hey Yoochun, look who i saw!"


Yoochun read the message on his phone once he reached home from the intensive filming that day.

He had been busying himself with lots of preparation work for the drama. Photoshoots, interviews, screen rehearsals and actual filming. It wasn't exactly all fun due to the nature of the drama.

Once the photo loaded, it felt that another heavy rock has been thrown his way. Jiyun, Jaejoong and Shaun had taken a picture at what seemed to be the interior of Cojjee.

'So that was what she had been busying herself with?' He thought, raising his eyebrows in the slowest and most tormenting way possible. Emotionally. 'She has been skipping all of the filming days to go... frolicking with an idiot?'

Although it wasn't his usual practice to lay on his bed immediately after reaching home for hygiene purpose, he couldn't be bothered anymore. He felt immense fatigue all of a sudden.


'It's alright, this doesn't have anything to do with me. Not seeing her for the time being is better for the both of us...'

Rather than that, it was more like he didn't know how to behave in front of her. Should he pretend as if he hadn't heard Jiyun's confession? Was that even considered as one? Could he even just pretend that the quarrel didn’t happen and talk normally with her? He did stir up some unreasonable arguments with her, now that he thought back about it.

He recalled staring at Jiyun for the whole night, trying to figure out what she had meant during her drunken state of mind.

 

"She likes me. But she is hurting because of me. So she wants a stop to this." He muttered under his breath, the scene from that night repeating in his mind over and over again.

'Is that even possible? To stop liking me?'

 

He suddenly snapped out of his trance. "What was i thinking? I only treat us as friends! Well, maybe a little more than friends but, aish! Stop planting weird thoughts into my brain, my alter ego!" He scolded himself angrily.

'Oh great, i'm talking to myself. I must be going crazy.' He thought before lifting himself out of his bed and proceeding to his wine cardboard.

 

"Things will eventually smoothen out by itself..." He mumbled, taking a last look at the photo before throwing his phone to.. somewhere. He will just have to figure out where when the following day comes.




Yoochun found himself nursing a massive headache early next morning.

For the first time in a long while, he was almost late for his call time if not for the fact that his manager had barged into his house to wake him up.

More of like dragging his out of the house while he stuck close to his pillow and hugging it so tightly that it almost had to follow him into the van.

He grunted as another wave of headache started, squeezing both sides of his head tightly. 'How many times do i have to remind myself not to drink too much?'

Kim Jiyun is hazardous.

 

"Yoochun!" Hye Jin's voice sprung out from... somewhere.

He tried looking up from the chair that he was sitting on, but gave up the second his eyes made contact with the light.

 

He sighed and dug for his sunglasses before putting it on. "Yes Hye Jin?"

 

"Gosh, you look terrible!" She exclaimed, inching nearer to take a look at his pale face. "Are you sick? Do you want to take a day off?"

Yoochun rubbed his forehead. The last thing he wants is an irritant in the form of a female with a high pitched voice and donned with enough perfume to last for a year.

Make that two years.

'Is she trying to kill me? Doesn't she know that perfume may trigger my asthma? If Jiyun is here, she would have...'

He sighed once again, this time deeper and more helpless.

'Now i get why she hated her to the guts. Shall make a mental note to ask Jaejoong to fill in the details for me...'

He suddenly remembered about how Jaejoong had promised to let him know the contents of the conversation that he had with Jiyun at the balcony that night.

Bitting his inner lips, he had a little inner battle with himself. 'If i ask Jaejoong about it, he will surely push Jiyun to me, telling me that i have feelings for her and whatsoever. But... I am really curious... Argh screw this! I am worried for her as a friend! This reason should suffice!'

He pouted and pulled his phone out to send a quick text to Jaejoong.

 

"Can i crash at your place tonight after my filming ends? We need to talk."

Almost immediately, he received a reply.

 

"Can't. Will be having dinner at Jiyun's, so i’ll probably be home late.”

Yoochun found himself frowning at Jaejoong’s message. ‘Why on earth will you be home late? It’s dinner, for goodness sake. You eat, maybe sit down and talk while having some dessert, and go home!’


Shaking his head a little to clear his mind, he followed up by pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed. ‘It’s all your fault, Kim Jaejoong. Who asked you to send me that picture yesterday?’

 

“Alright, some other days then.” He replied on his phone before returning his phone back into his coat pocket.

 

“Yoochun, are you feeling better now?”

‘Huh? Why is she still here?’

 

Yoochun looked up, forcing a smile on his face. “Yeah, i’ll just rest a little bit here until the PDs call for us.”

 

“Oh... how about i give you a massage? It will help ease up the tension on your shoulders!” Hye Jin offered and without waiting for a reply, she had started massaging his shoulders.

 

“Hye Jin, it’s alright. I’m ok without it. You should get some rest while you can as well.” Yoochun replied with a small smile on his face, although the exhaustion seems to seep through his facade. ‘Seriously, can’t she even take a hint?’

 

“Don’t worry about me! I’ve had enough rest, so i’m ok!” She replied happily, grinning all the while when molesting massaging his shoulders.


‘Oh my god. Someone please save me from this person.'  He thought inwardly in his mind. A part of him wanted to tear that itchy pair of hands away from him and reprimand the hell out of her. But what could he do? He had to face her for the following months to come, and doing that will only cause the balance between all the actors and actresses to fall apart.
 

“Hye Jin.” MinAe called out from behind them.

Both Yoochun and Hye Jin turned around to look at her. MinAe had a distasteful look on her face. It screamed the word ‘disgusted’.

 

“I don’t need scandals to break out between the male and female leads you know.” MinAe continued, all the while staring at her with her laser like eyes.


Yoochun silently chuckled to himself.

 

"MinAe, just do your role as an assistant scriptwriter well and don’t bother yourself with regards to other stuff.” Hye Jin replied in an overly sweet tone, her smile seemingly threatening to cause diabetes to her.

 

“Oh, i wouldn’t worry about you. It’s Yoochun i’m worried about. I don’t want to see him getting labelled by the mass public, saying that his tastes in women have degraded till...” MinAe dragged her words, looking up and down Hye Jin’s entire body, “...this extent. It’s going to have such a negative impact to his reputation.”

 

“You!” Hye Jin exclaimed in anger. She was about to lunge forward to start a catfight with MinAe, but had held herself back since she knew Yoochun was looking.

 

“No need to thank me.” MinAe grinned, waving her hands towards the departing back of Hye Jin’s. After making sure that Hye Jin was a distance away from them, she continued by saying, “She’s gone. You can laugh all you want now.”

 

Yoochun grinned. “Thanks.”

 

“I wasn’t actually trying to save you. You were just the byproduct.” MinAe shrugged. “She has been pissing me off ever since day one. No wonder Jiyun requested to leave the production team. She was beyond pissed.”

 

“She left the production team?!” Yoochun half shouted, his eyes widen in shock.

 

“No, our boss made her stay on.” MinAe rolled her eyes as she replied him.

She was about to continue by saying that Jiyun and her boss had made arrangements such that she won’t be able to meet either him or Hye Jin, but recalled that she wasn’t supposed to let that out.

 

“But, i haven’t seen her even once since filming started.” He recalled, clearly upset.

It was starting to make sense as to why she was always absent from the filming.

She wanted to have nothing to do with him anymore.

The words that Jiyun had said in her drunken state returned to haunt him once again. Those tears.

“Yoochun... it hurts... having to maintain this so called friendship... hiding my feelings... it hurts a lot... let's just stop...”

 

“Yoochun ah, don’t think too much. She was here for a couple of times, wasn’t she, MinAe?” MinAe and Jiyun’s boss suddenly appeared, replying on behalf of MinAe.

 

She nodded. “I saw her during Jin Goo and So Hyun’s filming.”

 

“There you go, Jiyun is still in the team.” Her boss affirmed, glancing at MinAe to signal for her to leave them for a while. She obliged willingly. “Or do you need to call your little princess So Hyun to confirm if she did see Jiyun onsite?”

 

“That’s not needed...” Yoochun muttered. ‘Just my luck.’

 

“What’s with this look on your face? Missing her already?”

 

“What?” Yoochun looked up to meet eyes with Jiyun’s boss. “What do you mean?”

 

“You’re always picking fights with her, like a little boy having a crush on the girl he likes.”

 

“Mr Boss...” He muttered once again, “Have you been taking lessons from my buddy, Jaejoong?”

 

Jiyun’s boss merely chuckled under his breath. “You’re causing distress to my employee.”

‘Not like as if she isn’t causing any distress to me. I’m still having a headache from my hangover...’


Yoochun didn’t reply, but had his head lowered and thinking. ‘But... did i really?’

 

“Not making a comeback with any witty remarks?” Her boss questioned with a sly smile on his face. “Are you admitting to it?”

 

“Has she mentioned anything?”

 

“She didn’t need to. It is all written on her face. Seriously, amongst all the female leads you have acted along with, only Jiyun got to have a taste of having arguments with you on the set. I wonder if that’s a good or bad thing.”

 

“That’s not true.” Yoochun retorted. “I do get mad at the co-workers on set too. It’s only natural for me to reveal my real self in front of people i work closely with.”

 

The boss scoffed and replied with a tinge of sarcasm. “Do you, really? Judging by the expression on your face everytime Hye Jin comes near... yeah, you have gotten yourself a valid debate going on.”

 

“That’s because it’s still in the early stages of filming. It’ll eventually come by soon...”

 

“It was on the second day of filming that you had a fight with Jiyun.”

 

“I....”

 

Mr boss sighed. “I should be leaving you alone at this point of time for you to reflect on yourself, but...” He continued, pointing at the two boys who are walking towards them. Towards Yoochun, to be exact.

 

“Yoochun! Hyung!” GiKwang and Yoseob called out, waving to both Yoochun and Mr Boss.

They smiled and waved back.

 

“I’ll leave you guys to talk.” Mr Boss said before walking off towards the direction of MinAe.

 

“Yoochun hyung!” GiKwang greeted, “How’s filming today?”

 

Yoochun shrugged. “No idea. They are still setting up the props, we haven’t started filming for the day.”

 

“Ah... i see...” Both of them chorused.

 

“Where is Jiyun?” Yoseob suddenly asked, looking all around. “I haven’t seen her since we stepped into the filming site..."

Yoochun looked towards both Yoseob and GiKwang. Both of them showed similar faces, both looking all around, trying to catch a glimpse of Jiyun.

 

“I don’t think she’s coming in today...” Yoochun answered.

 

“Kwang ah! See, i told you it would be better if we called before coming down the set!” Yoseob started reprimanding GiKwang, of which the latter had his eyes wide open in disappointment.

 

“We made a wasted trip...” GiKwang finally mumbled, upset clearly shown on his face. “I thought we could give her a surprise, and also perhaps help her with the shopping of ingredients for the dinner tonight...”

‘Dear God, is this your idea of reality? To give me a three part trilogy like Twilight? First it was Jaejoong, then Jiyun’s boss, and now KiSeob? Is there going to be a 4th installation of torture?’
 

 

 

A/N: Yoochun ah, twilight does have 4 parts :P