The Interview

The Popular Students - EXO?

just a filler :3

 

this chapter will reveal a few of the questions that you guys have been asking, so that means that the story is going to come to an end soon D: maybe in about 10 chapters?

 

thankyou for reading and subscribing ♥ 

-xxharachixx


 

The doctors walked out of the door, shutting the door behind them. You got up out of your seat, eyes watering.

 

"Is she alive? Please, just tell me if she's alive."

 

The doctor nodded. "She nearly left us, but she's alive. We won't permit you to go inside, as she is recovering." You bowed at them, Myungsun nearly bursting into tears as well. 

 

"What happened to her?"

 

The doctor hesitated. "Miss Shin... Miss Shin had been poisoned. The drug forced her heart to slowly shut down, nearly resulting in brain death. We only realised she had been poisoned until we were called over. She's on life support and has taken cardiac drugs to make sure her heart is functioning again."

 

"Thankyou, thankyou so much," you cried, bowing at the doctors and nurses again and again. Sehun told you to sit, trying to calm you down.

 

"Jeongah, it's 1 PM," Kai said after a while of silence. "We should go down to the police station for the interview."

 

You stood up slowly, slinging your bag over your shoulder. "Chanyeol, keep us updated." He looked up and nodded, his face pale.

 

The three others stayed behind and you and Kai walked out of the hospital, walking in silence to the police station. It was bright outside, the streets busy with people walking in the streets, the scent of street food around you. Cars drove past as you and Kai walked down the pathway, not saying a word to each other. Once reaching the police station, Kai grabbed your arm.

 

"Don't say anything unnecessary, OK?" He said, opening the door and walking in. "Only answer to what they ask you."

 

You nodded and followed him as he walked up to the reception, an angry looking woman sitting behind the desk. "We've been called to have an interview, with Constable S. Kim?" Kai inquired, resting a hand on the desk. The woman sighed and clicked away on her computer.

 

"The interview is being held in room 8."

 

"Thankyou." Kai walked down the hall and you followed him before he rolled his eyes. "That woman needs to lighten up a bit." The two of you reached the room, reading a sign that said "Interview Room 8" and a slider that said "In use"

 

"Why would it be in use if the interview is in 5 minutes?" You asked Kai, pondering. He shrugged and sat down, and you followed.

 

"Maybe there was a previous interview in there that has been going over time." The two of you waited for the time to pass. You texted Myungsun and she said everything was fine at the hospital, and that Yeonghee's parents had come to visit. You watched the door, waiting for it to open. The clock ticked past and it eventually reached 2 o'clock. You looked up when you heard the door open and saw someone sitting in one of the seats that you didn't expect. His large, doe-eyes stared at you, his face pale. Constable Kim walked out of the room and greeted the two of you as you and Kai stood up.

 

"Come in," she ushered, calling you in. "Now that all three of you are here, we'll start the interview."

 

You sat down in one of the seats next to Kai, Kyungsoo sitting on the seat next to him. A tall policeman stood in the corner of the room, the blinds shut. She started the audio recorder and sat down, coughed, before looking through sheets of paper. "Miss Jeong, what was your relationship with Miss Jeung?"

 

You felt your throat warm up. "She... we weren't on good terms."

 

"What had she done, or had inflicted on you, that put you, your life, or your friends in any harm?"

 

"She attacked me, and broke my ankle, rib and stabbed my shoulder, a few weeks after I had begun school at KNUA," you replied, your voice hoarse. Constable Kim nodded.

 

"Anything else?"

 

You thought about the poisoning ordeals and shook your head. "...No."

 

She nodded. "Now, what happened on the night of Miss Shin's abduction?"

 

You explained how you had recieved the phone call and how you were called to the alleyway. Kai explained how Sehun and himself tried to hold her down, and how she had killed herself with the gun. The constable kept asking questions about the night, before she turned to Kyungsoo, who was awkwardly sitting in the corner of the room, his fringe covering his eyes.

 

"Mr Do, we believe you have had some kind of relations with Miss Jeung and Miss Kim Junghye. How were you related to these two women?"

 

You could tell he was hesitating. He placed his hands over his mouth and coughed before he started to speak. "They… Misook and Junghye were... related through blood, they were cousins..." His voice trailed off and your stomach dropped. They were cousins?! "I used to be good friends with Kai and Sehun, and the both of them liked Jeongah quite a lot. Misook, Junghye and her friends made deals with me to pass information about Jeongah and her friends to them.” You felt your stomach tighten, your heart pounding in your ribs. How could Kyungsoo do something like that..?

 

"What kind of deals?"

 

There was a short silence. "They... they bribed me, with payments of money, and.... and . Of course, after seeing how much pain I had put my friends through, I regretted it and stayed out of contact with them." Constable Kim looked through sheets of paper.

 

"Where is Kim Junghye at this current moment?"

 

"No one knows, she just left. She never comes to school anymore."

 

Constable Kim nodded. "Miss Kang, did you know about any of this?"

 

You shook your head. "No..."

 

"What has Kim Junghye done to you?"

 

"She poisoned me with ipecac, according to Kai. Kyungsoo was involved."

 

"We've seen this on your medical record, Miss Jeong. Mr Do, is this true?" Kyungsoo nodded slowly. You watched his face get redder and redder. "You do realise, Miss Kang could've died from the poisoning, yes?"

 

His voice started to shake. "I... I wasn't thinking correctly! Misook and Junghye bribed me into doing disgusting things to my friends." You looked over at him, his eyes looking down, fiddling with his fingers. He looked up at you and locked gazes, his big eyes staring into yours. "I'm... I'm really sorry, for everything I did. I never intended to hurt you, or Yeonghee, or any of my friends." You looked down and pondered over the sincerity of his words.

 

The interview continued for another half an hour, until the three of you were dismissed. Kai muttered something to Kyungsoo outside of the room before Kai took you out of the station, walking down the steps of the station and out onto the streets.

 

---