Revelation

The Popular Students - EXO?

Copyright © 2012 xxharachixx
All Rights Reserved

Please click here to upvote my story that I've put my hard work into! It would mean alot x


“Jeong-Ah! Come quick, the letter’s arrived!”

 

Oh my god, it’s here already?

 

You quickly run down the stairs and into the lounge room to see your mother and father sitting around at the dining table with a chunky letter in your mother’s hands.

 

“How come it came early?” You ask, pulling out a chair and slumping into it, awaiting the bad reply to be revealed from the envelope.

 

“We’re not sure,” your father replied, watching your mother rip open the envelope. “At least we get to know the news quickly.”

 

“But what if I don’t get in…?” You wondered, starting to get nervous.

 

“It’ll be alright, then,” your father assured you. “I’ll be able to apply you into a special school. But we haven’t even gotten the results yet, so stop thinking about the ‘what if’s.”

 

 Your mother pulled out the big stapled piece of paper, sighed, and scanned the paper before reading the text.

 

“To Mr Kang Ho Jun and Mrs Kang Soo Kyung,” your mother started, reading nervously. “This document has been sent to you to grant your daughter, Kang Jeong-Ah… a place into the Korea National University of Arts..!”


“Oh my god!” You screamed, standing up from your chair, jumping up and down on the tiles of the floor.


“Congratulations, darling,” your father said, smiling brightly at you.

 

You couldn’t believe it. You were actually going into the Korean National University of Arts, after you had studied for so long. Ever since you were a child, you loved singing, and you wanted to go to that school for such a long time, and now your wish had been granted.

 

“Let your mother continue,” your father said, ushering you to sit down again. You took a seat, and listened to your mother read the rest of the note.

 

 “The students will take all of the compulsory subjects,” your mother started, “but may choose to complete one of the following – Singing, Dancing, Film & TV, Multimedia, Visual Arts, or Korean Traditional Arts. School will start on the 30th of January, and Kang Jeong-Ah will be expected to be there with her supplies. The rest of the information on the classes, uniform, items needed and your student’s time table can be found on the other pages of this booklet.

“We hope to see your child at the Korea National University of Arts. Thank you for your cooperation, signed Jeong Yun-Ja… Principal.”

 

You nearly burst out into tears after hearing the words. You hugged your mother and your father, before running upstairs to your phone.

 

---

 

“Really?!” Your best friend, Yeong-Hee asked, nearly spitting out her coffee.

 

You smiled at her with bright eyes.


“Yeah!  I got the acceptance letter today,” you replied, holding the warm cappuccino in your hands. “I’m so happy. Did you get yours?”

 

Yeong-Hee didn’t answer. She just looked at the floor, the sound of piano and the coffee machine in the background.

 

“Yeong-Hee, it’s okay,” You reassured her, patting her on the back. “There will always be better opportuni-“

 

“Jeong-Ah, I got in!”

“WHAT?!”

 

The two of you screamed and fangirled. Yeong-Hee nearly spilt her coffee on her iPhone because both of you were so contented with the results.

 

“Quickly, finish your coffee,” Yeong-Hee suggested, putting her items back into her bag, “So we can go shopping for our uniforms.”

 

You quickly sipped up the rest of your cappuccino and slung your hand bag over one shoulder, running out of the café with Yeong-Hee to catch a train into Seoul City.

 

---


“You have the note, right?” Yeong-Hee asks, looking through the aisles of clothing.

 

“Yeah, right here,” you answer, pulling out the acceptance form with the uniform requirements on the back. You passed it to Yeong-Hee, before turning around to look at the shoes.

 

“Students must wear a white, half sleeve or full sleve blouse,” Yeong-Hee started, reading from the paper, “A black skirt, at least up to the knees, the blazer supplied by the school, a black tie, white socks or black stock- Hey!”

 

Yeong-Hee jokingly hit you on the head with the paper.

 

“Ouch! Yeong-Hee, what was that for?” You asked, laughing.

 

“I was talking Jeong-Ah,” Yeong-Hee explained, “And you were only paying attention to the shoes over there. They’re too expensive anyway. Come on, let’s go buy our clothes.”

 

You followed Yeong-Hee into an aisle full of vintage clothing. After one hour, you had chosen your blouse your skirt and your shoes. Yeong-Hee decided to get the same clothing items as you, so the two of you would fit in together.

 

The two of you bought bubble-tea before catching the train back to your house. You said goodbye to Yeong-Hee and caught a bus home, carrying the large shopping bags in your hands. Once you got home, you kicked your shoes off and jumped onto your bed, relaxed and lay there after your tiring day.

 

 

Just 8 more days.

 

 

University, here I come.