If

The Popular Students - EXO?

I apologise that this chapter has taken so long! I had to think about what would happen in the space before the showcase, and I think I got it all finally downpat. I will try to make more chapters in the future. I apologise to my readers. TT__TT

Anyway, hopefully you enjoy this chapter! ^^ -xxharachixx


 

"It's 12x."

 

"Can't be. Do it again."

 

You sighed and sipped your coffee as you watched Yeonghee and Myungsun argue over maths equations. You sat your cup down on the table again and pulled your handbag up, the keychains and charms rattling against the bag as you brought it up onto the seat next to you. The faint sound of music was audible in the background, but was drowned out by the sound of cups clanging and the coffee machine grinding. It had been around one week since the announcement of the showcase at KNUA, and the three of you  had no idea what to do. Mi-Sook's group were going to perform something by Rania according to Myungsun, and Yeonghee had heard through Chanyeol that EXO were going to perform one of their own compositions.

 

"We came here to discuss the showcase, and THEN do homework," you muttered under your breath, tapping your nails on the table. Myungsun meh-ronged at you.

 

"What song should we perform then?" Yeonghee asked, frowning. "I can't think of anything."

 

You nodded. "Me too. Just anything that's a ballad, because I can't dance with my ankle injured."

 

"I'll think about it," Myungsun offered, biting her lip. Myungsun always came up with the right ideas when needed. "Can I get back to my maths work?"

 

You rolled your eyes and laughed. "Go ahead."

 

Gripping the cup in your hand again, you blowed onto the coffee to make it cool down before taking another sip. You felt a weird sensation next to you and you realised your phone was vibrating. The cup clanged against the table top as you reached over to your bag and pulled out your phone, the screen illuminating as you looked at it.

 

12:30PM SEHUN

Can we meet? Right now?

 

You sighed and threw your phone into your bag, zipping it up and slouching back into your seat. You picked up your coffee again and held it up to your mouth.

 

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Yeonghee asked, looking up from her work, pushing her glasses up her nose bridge.

 

You shook your head as you placed your cup back on the table. "It... was a spam message."

 

Myungsun nodded sarcastically. "Sure."

 

You smirked before your phone vibrated again. You rolled your eyes and zipped open your bag again, holding your phone up.

 

12:31PM SEHUN

Jeongah, I really need to meet you. I'm not going to let you ignore me like this.

 

"They sent you two spam messages in a row?"

 

You looked down at your phone screen, the text in front of you. You didn't know whether to reply or to ignore it. You already told him before that it was for the best to stay out of the situation and there was nothing you could do about it. On the other hand, the undenying pull of Sehun's aura was beckoning you to meet him, apologise and live happily ever after.

 

You decided to not reply to his message. You placed your phone on the table as a waiter walked up to your table.

 

"Is there anything else you need?" He asked, picking up Yeonghee and Myungsuns empty cups. And then something clicked in your head.

 

"What's the name of this song?"

 

"I'll go check."

 

He walked away and behind the bar. You watched eagerly as he checked the computer before coming back to your table. 

 

"The song is called If by Taeyeon."

 

"Thankyou."

 

The waiter walked back to the bar as you turned to Myungsun and Yeonghee. Yeonghee smiled at you and Myungsun nodded.

 

"I guess that's what we're performing for the showcase, then."