The End

The Popular Students - EXO?

 

this isn't actually the end of the story. it's just the name of the chapter haha ^^\

 

i just realised... sehun was away for 20 chapters O___O thats a lot haha.. 

 

this is a long chapter! :D

 

thankyou for reading!! please leave a comment, it really makes my day :) ♥

-xxharachixx


 

The nurses rolled the gurney into the emergency room. You ran and tried to keep up, but one of the nurses pushed you away.

 

"I'm very sorry, but you're not permitted to come inside."

 

You tried to hold back the tears as they rolled the gurney into the E.R, shutting the door behind them and closing the blinds. You stood back away from the door, Sehun walking up to you and wrapping his arms around you.

 

"It's alright, Jeongah. She's going to survive."

 

You sobbed into his chest and closed your eyes shut as he your hair with his fingers. Inside that room, Yeonghee was fighting for her life, the doctors trying to revive her.  So many thoughts were going through your head that you couldn't even think properly. Sehun pulled away, holding onto your shoulders and looking down at you.

 

"Jeongah, look at me." You looked up at the boy's orbs, his hair dishevled. "She's going to be alright. They're going to save her."

 

You nodded and he ushered you to sit down. You sat next to Myungsun, who was staring off, not saying a word. Chanyeol was sitting in the corner of the wall, silently crying into his forearms. Everything was a mess. And if you thought it couldn't get worse, a police woman walked down the corridor and stood infront of the five of you.

 

"Miss Jeong, Miss Choi, Mr Oh, Mr Kim, and Mr Park, am I correct?"

 

No one said anything. She looked down and fiddled through a few sheets of paper, before looking back up. "I presume that's a yes. Your friend, Miss Shin, is in the E.R, correct?"

 

No one nodded again. She sighed and continued talking. "At around 1 AM, we were notified that Miss Jeung Misook had been pronounced dead. We have been linked back to you five as of the cause of her death."

 

"She killed herself."

 

Everyone turned to Kai, who spoke up suddenly to the police woman. She nodded and scribbled down notes. "How, may I ask?"

 

"She was trying to kill Jeongah with a gun. We tried to take it away from her, but it pointed it at her, and she killed herself." The police woman wrote down what he said.

 

"Mr Kim and Miss Jeong, I'm going to have to call you to the police station for an interview. Is this alright, with the two of you?"

 

You shook your head. "I need to stay here. For Yeonghee's sake." The others nodded in agreement. The woman pondered before scribbling down something onto a piece of paper and handing it to you.

 

"Tomorrow afternoon, 2 PM, at the police station please. Ask for Constable S. Kim."

 

"Thankyou..."

 

The police woman walked down the corridor before she stopped and turned around. "I wish the best for your friend." She walked away, leaving the five of you alone.

 

The rest of the night passed in silence; not one word was spoken. You would hear the cries of the others but you were too focused on praying for Yeonghee's life. You called your mother and told her what happened and she insisted on coming down there but you told her not to for the sake of the others. About 3 hours into the night, the door opened and the doctors walked out with their heads down, everybody jumping up and standing near the doorway.

 

"Did you save her?" Chanyeol asked, his voice shaking. The nurse looked up at him and smiled.

 

"She's alive. She's very weak and she's in a coma, but feel free to go inside." 

 

You broke down into tears, relieved over the words of the nurse. You sobbed and bowed again and again at the nurse and the doctors, your cries sending them smiling. They nodded and Sehun calmed you down by putting his arm around you, walking you into the room. I've really missed him.

 

Chanyeol walked in and sat down next to her, placing his hands on hers. Her face was pale and her eyes were closed, her arms bruised and cut, her eye swollen, the sheets pulled up to her neck. She had an oxygen mask covering and nose and had blood transfusions hooked up to her anticubital space. Chanyeol stared at her, the others standing around the hospital bed, no one saying a word. 

 

"She still looks beautiful, even when she looks like this," Chanyeol murmured, his eyes locked on her closed ones. "I'm so happy she's alive."

 

You saw the others smile in agreement. You heard the familiar, slow beeping of the heart monitor in the corner of the room and the sound of the oxygen mask releasing the air into her lungs. The poor girl had been beaten up and nearly killed, because of you. It's all my fault. The tears started to form in your eyes, Sehun noticing and rubbing your back. "It's alright," he whispered. "She's OK."

 

"No, it's not OK," you said back, pulling his hand off. "It's all my fault she's like this. If I never got involved in all of.. this, Yeonghee wouldn't be beat up, I wouldn't have gone to the hospital three times, and Misook wouldn't be dead..."

 

Sehun grabbed your arms harshly and pulled you out of the hospital room, the tears falling down your cheeks, confused to what the boy was doing. He shut the door behind him and sat you down on the seats in the corridor, looking you in the eyes.

 

"It's not your fault, Jeongah. She's in there because of what Misook did to her, not because of you."

 

"But Misook wouldn't have done anything to her if I never got involved with any of you."

 

"It's Misooks decision she decided to attack. Nothing you did was wrong."

 

"If I kept everything to myself, none of this would've happened."

 

"Jeongah, we came to you. Kai did it himself to talk to you first. It's not your fault, so stop thinking about the ordeal like this. If seeing Yeonghee like this is too much for you, just call your parents and you can stay at my place." You pondered over the thought. You just shrugged and stood back up, walking over to the door,  Sehun grabbing your wrist and turning around. He looked down at you, the first meeting on the stairs flashing before your eyes, Sehun wiping away the tears on your cheeks with his fingers. "I've missed you," he whispered, the pain he was going through visible through his eyes. You pulled your lips into a smile, Sehun wrapping his arms around you, his familiar scent of cologne and vanilla overwhelming you. You stayed there, taking in the warmth after being in the cold for so long, before you pulled away. Sehun removed his black hoodie and handed it to you. "Wear this. I don't want you to get cold in that skimpy dress of yours."

 

You thanked him and slipped it on before walking back to the door, opening it and walking inside, sitting down at one of the seats, Yeonghee still fast asleep. The group sat there for hours, not even saying anything. Occasionally a nurse or a doctor would come in and check on her and how her heart rate was, but she was fine for the rest of the night. Myungsun fell asleep out of exhaustion and Kai went out to get coffee, so you stayed with Sehun, Chanyeol still sitting next to Yeonghee. He really loves her.

 

Kai came back and handed you a coffee and you thanked him, sipping the hot liquid, warming you up. You stared off into space and the curtains draped on the left of the room, watching the heart monitor. Yeonghee's heartbeat was slower than you thought it should be, so you tapped Sehun on the shoulder and he turned around.

 

"Sehun, is it supposed to be that slow?"

 

He nodded. "When you're asleep, your heartbeat is slower than usual."

 

"I don't think it should be that slow," Kai offered, his face pale, his eyes rimmed with dark circles. "Miss Lee said it should be 60-100. I think that's 20, maybe even 15."

 

You stood up, starting to panic. You walked over to the heart monitor and watched the corner. 15 BPM. 14.5 BPM. 14 BPM. The number slowly got lower and lower, and you started to agitate.

 

"We have to tell a nurse. This is dangerous," you said hastily, walking over to the door and pressing the call button, waiting for someone to answer.

 

"Hello, this is the nurse's station on the 23rd floor. How may I help you?"

 

"Hi, I'm in room 18. My friend has been hospitalised and her heartbeat is going down, I don't think that's normal."

 

The nurse paused, a rustling on the end of the line. "I've alerted the doctors. Please stay outside of the room for the ease of the doctors, thankyou."

 

"They're coming. We need to go outside."

 

"No," Chanyeol retorted, staying in his seat. "I'm staying here."

 

"Chanyeol, do you want her to die?"

 

Chanyeol turned his head around and stared at Kai. He stood up and walked out of the room and you quickly woke up Myungsun, everyone getting out of the room. You turned and looked down the corridors, the doctors and nurses running into the room, shouting medical terms to each other that you didn't understand. You looked around, confused.

 

"What's happening?" Chanyeol asked, trying to get a comment from one of the staff.

 

"I'm sorry, this can result in a fatality. Please leave it up to the doctors," a nurse hastily said, before rushing into the room. 

 

Just as the last person hastily walked in, you heard the beeping noise of the the heart monitor get slower and slower. Suddenly it changed into the long, streaming sound of 0 beats per minute, the noise echoing in your ears, the door slamming behind them.