You Tried To Kill Me

The Popular Students - EXO?

thanks for reading! nearly hit 30 chaps mark~ i think this story will finish before fifty ~ hehe -xxharachixx


 

You couldn't sleep that whole night. You just tossed and turned underneath the bed sheets, the annoying sound of the clock ticking ringing in your ears. The same thought of 'Junghye tried to kill you' kept sticking in your mind, even though you tried multiple times to clear the thought from your head. But Junghye was so nice to me. I don't understand.

 

The next morning, your parents picked you up from the hospital. Dr Ahn informed them on everything that happened, how your condition was, and that thankfully to Yeonghee calling the ambulance, you survived. Once you got home your parents wouldn't stop bugging you, making sure you were okay every five minutes. You were lying on your bed texting Myungsun when your mother banged on the door.

 

"Darling, are you feeling alright?"

 

"Yes," you answered, keeping your eyes glued to your phone. "Dr Ahn said I'm alright now."

 

"No, you're not alright," she insisted, walking around to your bed side. "Your face is still pale."

 

"Mum, my face is always pale."

 

"Not this much Jeongah. And you've got the air conditioner on, do you want to become sick? Especially since you've got school tomorrow."

 

You groaned at the sound of the word school. School meant having to be snickered at by Misooks friends, avoiding Sehun and Kai and having to sit through boring Maths lessons. In the next few weeks you had some of the most important tests coming up so you had to start studying. Your mother closed your windows before walking out of the room and shutting the door.

 

You've got a message~! You've got a message~!

 

10:34 AM Yeonghee

Hey what the hell happened Chanyeol told me junghye poisoned you or something wtf??

10:35 AM Jeongah

Kai called me last night, he told me he found ipecac and chocolates in Kyungsoos room, he was told to put the ipecac in the chocolates or something from Junghye

10:35 AM Yeonghee

holy that ! i bet she's got connections with misook or something.... i'm going to talk to her tomorrow ok. and ooh kai called you ;)

10:36 AM Jeongah

No don't I don't want this to get worse. and kai didn't seem as bad when he talked to me

10:37 AM Yeonghee

what if he still likes you

10:37 AM Jeongah

shutup

 

You threw your phone onto your bed and walked over to your table. Your handbag that you used yesterday was sitting on your desk. Zipping open the bag, you felt for the box of chocolates and pulled them out as you pulled out your chair and sat down. You slowly lifted off the lid and saw the remaining three chocolates in the box; even though they looked delicious, they were deadly. You were so oblivious to the fact that she tried to poison you.

 

"You were deliberately poisoned, Jeongah. Junghye tried to kill you."

 

You shuddered and quickly closed the lid as you remembered Kai's words. Kill. You were scared of that word. It was especially more daunting since it was a friend who had tried to kill you. You threw it in the bin and hoped something like that would never happen again.

 

--

 

"Chanyeol~"

 

You facepalmed at the sight of Yeonghee and Chanyeol doing aegyo for each other in front of you. Myungsun was sitting next to you and was trying to hold back her laughs.

 

"It's only been one day. Calm it down a bit," Myungsun laughed, Yeonghee poking out her tongue at her. The bell for school was going to go in 20 minutes.

 

"Have you guys seen Junghye?" You asked, as you continued to look around the area where you guys were sitting. All three of them shook their heads. You had already told them about how Kai had discovered the ipecac in Kyungsoo's room.

 

"What do we have first?" Chanyeol asked, fixing the hem of his blazer. 

 

"I think we have English..." Myungsun muttered, as she chugged her second can of Sunny 10.

 

"Seriously Myungsun, if you drink too much of that you're going to become really bloated," Yeonghee giggled, as Chanyeol wrapped an arm around her. 

 

"Whatever," Myungsun seethed, drinking from the can again and setting it down on the table. "I excersize."

 

You laughed at their conversations. Although Yeonghee and Myungsun sometimes were rude between the two of them, they were always joking. You kept looking around the school grounds to see if Junghye was at school because you really wanted to talk to her. On the left hand side near the 1st floor B entrance, the seniors; next to them, the unsocial students; then EXO, sitting on the steps near the D entrance. Sehun was talking to Suho and Baekhyun kept looking at your group. Possibly since Chanyeol was sitting with you now. Next to them was Misook's friends, and wait- What the hell is going on?

 

"Guys, look over there," you said, pointing over to the seats near the E entrance. The three of them turned their heads and Yeonghee let out a gasp. 

 

"I think I see Junghye," she mumbled. 

 

You grabbed Myungsuns arm and pulled her as you stood up, the two of you walking over to the entrance. As you got closer you could see Junghye's face; she was sitting on the seat next to one of her friends, Kai looking down at her.
 

 

"You're ed in the head."

 

Students began to crowd around. You gripped onto Myungsun as Junghye sheepishly smiled up at Kai. "What do you mean?"

 

"You deliberately poisoned Jeongah. You tried to kill her."

 

Junghye laughed and pushed her hair back. "I don't get what you're talking about, Kai."

 

You heard students talk quietly behind you. A lot of people were staring at you.

 

"You poisoned her. She could've died from that. I know you did, don't ing lie!"

 

Junghye gasped and covered . "I can't believe you would assume I did such a thing to Jeongah. She's my good friend." She looked at you and smiled. When you saw her smile, you wanted to go up to her and strangle her. But you didn't. You took a deep breath and finally built up the courage to move your lips and speak.

 

"Don't lie," you blurted out, people darting their eyes to look at you. "You tried to kill me."

 

"Admit it. You told Kyungsoo to put the ipecac into the chocolates, and you gave them to Jeongah. She could've ing died."

 

Junghye had slightly open, her eyes wide. She sighed before curved into a smile.

 

"So what if I did it? Not as if she died, anyway."

 

And that's when Kai lost it. He grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pushed her up against the wall, students mumbling as she let out a wail.

 

"'Not as if she died, anyway?' You're disgusting."

 

He took one full blow to her face with his fist. He flicked his fringe and stepped back, loosening his grip from her collar, letting her drop to the seat in tears. She grabbed her bag and pushed out of the crowd, turning to run to the school entrance gates.

 

You stood there in shock as the crowd started to die away, students going back to their spots after watching Kai attack Junghye. You covered your hands with your mouth as Myungsun patted your back. You didn't know if you were happy your killer just got hit in the face or if you were sad because she used to be your friend. 

 

"She deserves it," Myungsun muttered as she started to pull you back to the table, but you pulled your arm out of her grasp. "I need... I need to talk to Kai."

 

Myungsun looked over to EXO and back to you, before mouthing an 'OK' and walking off. You turned around and saw Kai sitting at the seat next to Suho. You walked over and stood in front of him and he looked up at you.
 

"Kai... that was-"

 

"Don't worry. She deserved it."

 

You bit your lip and sat down next to him as Suho stood up and walked away to let the two of you talk. 

 

"Why did you do that though?" You pondered, fiddling with your fingers to try and calm the awkwardness.

 

"She tried to kill you, Jeongah. A hit to the face is worse then trying to poison someone with ipecac."

 

You let his words sink in before you nodded in agreement. "Kai, can I say something?"

 

He turned to look at you. Although the two of you were never on good terms, his face was always something you missed. 

 

"I've... been terrible to you. But you've done a lot for me, like saving me when Misook attacked me."

 

"That was no biggie."

 

You laughed before continuing. "I want to clear up this whole thing and just start fresh."

 

He smiled, showing his teeth, his dimples forming around the side of his nose. 

 

"Friends?"

 

"Friends."