Renaissance

The Popular Students - EXO?

HAPPY 40 CHAPTERS!!! ♥

 

I'm very sorry if I dissapointed anyone with the last chapter .. I got a some negative response from it so I'm very sorry if I let down your expectations :( trust me.. the best part where the story flips upside down and everything is revealed hasn't come yet.. i'll probably write it in a few chapters, so please wait for it ^^ 

 

thankyou to everyone who is still subscribed to this crap load of a story, who still comments, and to everyone who upvoted.. i really appreciate every single one of you ^^ ♥

 

btw i don't know much about hospitals and doctors and stuff so please don't laugh at my fail ahahaha -xxharachixx


 

You woke up to a bright, blinding light hanging above you. A monitor beeped somewhere off to the space left of you and unfamiliar faces with mouth masks were leaning over you, muttering words between the two of them. You squeezed your eyes together and blinked a few times, one of the masked people noticed and shouted, "She's awake!"

 

"Good morning, Miss Kang," one of the masked persons said, taking their rubber gloves off. As time progressed, you slowly came back to your senses, and realised you were in a hospital ward, hooked up to a cannula and multiple transfusions. 

 

"Where's Yeonghee?" You asked in a drowsy voice. One of the doctors smiled as they looked through a large file of papers.

 

"She's outside with your other friends. She'll be able to visit you very soon."

 

"Why am I here?"

 

"You were in an accident at a party you went to last night," the other doctor explained as they pressed buttons on the monitor next to you. "You were brought here by ambulance."

 

You looked around confused. You couldn't remember anything happening; the night was fun, but ended abruptly, and you weren't sure why. The doctors didn't explain enough, so hopefully your friends would explain more. The other doctor walked over to the door and opened it allowing the others inside. You saw Yeonghee as the doctor quickly said something to her before they both walked out, Yeonghee running in and sitting down on the seat next to you.

 

"Oh my god, you always end up in the hospital!" Yeonghee quivered. She was still in her outfit, and so were the others, who walked in and stood around the  hospital bed.

 

"Can you tell me what happened last night?" You asked them straight away, hoping they would answer. They shared glances between each other before Yeonghee nodded and started to speak.

 

"You were acting very  weird and hyped up, more than you should've been," Yeonghee explained, holding your hands in her palms. "You fainted and fell to the ground, about 3 hours into the night. We called an ambulance and the teachers and your parents were alerted too. You came here and went straight to the E.R, and they took about 1 hour to save you, then let you rest for a while. Do you know how scared I was?!"

 

You looked down and sighed. "Can you tell me why I fainted though? Did the doctors find out?"

 

Yeonghee hesitated. "You... you were spiked through your drink. The doctors said it was ecstacy or some other type of street drug. Your brain and heart went into overdrive and your body couldn't handle it and shut down. You could've died, Jeongah. You only had around a ten percent survival rate." You shuddered at the thought of something that serious, something that could've killed you. But that wasn't anything new to you recently.

 

"What's going to happen now?"

 

"The doctors are going to let you rest here for another day. The teachers thought that for your safety, it's best if you didn't go out of the hotel for the rest of the week. Mrs Kim is coming to the hospital soon, so you can talk to her about it then."

 

Your stomach dropped. You came here to have fun and relax, but now you were going to have to spend the next 5 days doing nothing in the hotel room. 

 

"We should let her have some rest," Kai suggested, "So that when Mrs Kim arrives she will be able to actually speak. You look tired as hell." The others agreed and left the ward but Yeonghee stayed with you for company, letting you sleep.

 

--

 

You danced, the bass pumping through the speakers, the hype of the crowd flying through the sky. You looked up behind the stage where the hotel rooms were, to the balconies. A tall, pale, skinny girl with black long hair stared at you, her forearms resting against the railing of the balcony, an evil smirk on her face, her skin stained with blood. The noise of the crowd and the music completely drowned out, the people around you vanished and the lights dimmed as you stared up at the girl with confusion.

 

"Time is running out," she roared, blood dripping down her forehead and lips. "Your friends and family are going to die. I'm going to kill them myself. Then when they're all dead, I'm going to kill you." She let out an evil laugh before she turned back into her room, shutting the door behind her. 

 

"Jeongah, Mrs Kim is here. Wake up."

 

You opened your eyes abruptly, the light pouring into your vision, blinding you temporarily. Mrs Kim sat next to you and Yeonghee was still by your side, and you were still connected to the cannula. Mrs Kim smiled and moved around in her seat before starting to speak.

 

"I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened," she consoled. "The staff hope you get better soon." You just nodded and let her continue. "We have notified your parents of the incident, and they send their condolences. They ask for you to call them as soon as you can. Now, about the rest of the week, we thought about sending you home but thought it would be best for you to still stay in Jeju." You smiled and nodded. That means that you would still be able to go places for the next 5 days. That was what you thought, until Mrs Kim continued. 

 

"The teachers have decided that it would be best if you stay inside the hotel room at all times, unless it is to leave the hotel in an emergency or when you leave the island on the last day. Food will be brought up to your room, so there is no need to go down to the restaurant. This is for your safety, so please don't be discouraged." Your hopes dropped. Now what Yeonghee had told you was true; you had to stay inside doing nothing for the next 5 days, watching the students on the beach from the balcony in jealousy. Nevertheless, there was nothing you could do about it.

 

"The teachers and staff board are very worried for your safety," Mrs Kim continued. "You seemed to be getting attacked again and again. This is your third time in hospital this year, yes?"

 

"Yes," you replied, nodding your head. "The first time was when I was attacked by Jeung Misook, the second time was when I was poisoned, and this is the third time."


"Although I'm not the principal and shouldn't be discussing this kind of matter with you, I'm still worried for your safety, as this is my job. Has Misook bothered you ever since she was suspended?"

 

You thought about the poisoning, the phonecalls and the attack by Kyungsoo. None of them were actually done by her, but they could've been planned by her. You shook your head and Mrs Kim nodded. 

 

"Good. Well then, I better be heading off. Remember to call your parents, darling. I hope you recover quickly. Goodbye to you too, Yeonghee." With that, she walked out of the room and shut the door behind her.

 

"I think I should be heading out soon too," Yeonghee said, standing up. "It's nearly 7 in the morning. You need to get some rest now, so call your parents and talk to them, and then go straight to sleep, alright?" 

 

You nodded and she smiled. "I hope this whole thing stops soon. Stops for your safety so I can have a peace of mind, and stops so that you can finally be with... well, you know." You blushed and Yeonghee hugged you before saying good bye and walking out of the room and shutting the door behind her. You picked up the hospital phone next to you on the table and dialed your parents number, holding the phone up to your ear.

 

"Hello, Kang residence. How may I help you?" Your mother replied on the other end, her voice sounding shaky and tired.

 

"Eomeoni?"

 

"Oh, darling! You're alive! I thought you died, bless the lord... Hojun, come here! She's alive!"

 

You heard clattering on the other side of the line before the phone was passed to someone else, your dad talking into the phone.

 

"You stupid girl, why did you go to that party?! The teachers told me everything that happened, you keep getting into situations like this."

 

"I didn't think anything would happen," you mumbled into the phone, hoping your dad would stop lecturing.

 

"Next time, be a bit more smart, alright? I'm just happy that you're alive. You're still in the hospital, yes?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Well, you best be getting some rest. Talk to your mother and then go straight to bed, alright?"

 

"Yes, abeoji."

 

"Good. Here's your mother."

 

The phone clattered again, your mother picking up the phone. "Darling?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Promise me you won't go to any more big parties like that. Especially since Yeonghee's birthday is coming up, if she's holding a big party, don't go, alright?"

 

"Yes, umma. Can I get some rest now?"

 

"Alright darling. Good night my beautiful daughter. Sleep well. Don't have any nightmares."

 

"Yes eomeoni." You hung up the phone and put it back on the table, getting comfortable under the bed sheets. You looked around the room and the familiar surroundings of the hospital room. This place has become so familiar, it's like my second home. You looked over to the cardiac monitor and your semi-stable heartbeat, making a silent prayer, happy that you were still alive after all of the times you were in the hospital and all of the times you were attacked. With a final check of everything, you switched off the light, closing your eyes and slowly falling into a slumber.