Aftermath

The Popular Students - EXO?

next chapter up very soon!! thankyou so much for commenting ^__^ I love all of you ♥ -xxharachixx


 

"Jeongah! Jeongah, wake up!"

 

A faint voice echoed in your ears, your temples throbbing. You slowly opened your eyes, a figure hovering over you, but your vision was blurry so you couldn't make out who they were. You let out a soft groan and squeezed your eyelids together, before opening them, your vision clearing; Kyungsoo's face was full of shock, his cheeks tinted pink. "You're awake!" He shouted, leaning back. You sat up and looked around - you were still at school, there was no one around except for Kyungsoo. Why am I here? Why is Kyungsoo here? Why did I just gain conciousness? Your mind flicked back to past events. I stayed behind at school to talk to Kyungsoo about the phone call, I went into the corridors, he stood up, and then he punched me-

 

You stood up in horror and pushed Kyungsoo away, before grabbing your bag and running out of the corridor and down the stairs. Your heart raced in your chest as you pushed open the door and ran over to the entrance of the school, Kyungsoo following after you.

 

"What are you doing? You just gained conciousness! You could faint at anytime!" Kyungsoo shouted. You didn't bother looking back to talk with him. He was your killer, and he was playing a game with you. You ran down the aisles of trees to the gate, before pushing it open and running down the street. You looked back up the street and saw he wasn't following you, so you slowed down to walk to the station. The side of your head still throbbed from the impact of his fist. A bruise was probably going to form, soon enough.

 

--

 

You swiped your boots on the doormat before opening the door, the bell ringing on the roof as you walked in. The smell of coffee wafted into your nose and the sound of the Korean ballads filled your ears. You looked over to the tables where you usually sat to see Yeonghee, Chanyeol, Myungsun and Kai conversing and having drinks.

 

"How may I help you, madam?" A waiter asked, a smile plastered on his face. You shook your head and gave him a smile.

 

"It's alright, I'm just meeting my friends."

 

You turned away and walked over to the table, the group looking up and noticing you. You sat down next to Myungsun and put your bag down on the floor before resting your head back, letting out a groan. "What took you so long?" Kai asked. You sat up properly and rubbed the spot where the bruise was starting to form.

 

"It's a long story."

 

"We have a lot of time to hear," Yeonghee replied, sipping her cappuccino. You sighed and got comfortable to tell the story. You called a waiter over and ordered a latte before starting to explain.

 

"Chanyeol, that number that you tracked... I called it, and the voice mail went to Kyungsoo's number." The group all looked shocked, and continued to listen. "When you guys left today, I talked to Kyungsoo. I asked him if it was him, and he said no. Then I asked why it was traced back to his number, I can't really remember much, but he punched me on the side of my head and I fell unconcious."

 

Yeonghee spat out her coffee. "Are you serious?! Are you in pain? Do you need to go to the hospital? You should've called me! We could've come up there." You shook your head.

 

"Let me explain the rest," you said, the waiter walking past and placing the latte on the table in front of you. "I woke up and he kept saying, 'Jeongah, are you alright?', As if nothing happened. I ran away, and he tried to chase after me for a while, but he stopped. I'm really scared to know that he punched me. He even knocked me unconcious." You picked up the latte and sipped it. Kai and Chanyeol looked at you with faces of disbelief.

 

"I can't believe he would do something like that," Chanyeol mumbled. "He's very kind and heartwarming. Something is going on with that guy, I swear."

 

"Don't talk to him tomorrow," Kai agreed. "Would you going to report him? Something like that, if taken to extreme levels, could've killed you." Could've killed you. That seemed to be a sentence that was said to you a lot lately. You shook your head, and Kai looked at you with a confused face.

 

"...I don't know. Maybe I was just dreaming. He seemed really scared once I regained conciousness."

 

"Then why do you have that bruise on the side of your head, then?" Myungsun asked, tapping her maincured nails on her phone screen. "There's no other way that that could've happened."

 

"Maybe I fell unconcious and I hit my head. I could've dreamed that he punched me, and it was all a misunderstanding."

 

Kai shook his head. "There's no way. Then what explains the phone call?" You bit your lip and nodded in agreement. There was no explanation for that. "Anyway, lets lighten up the mood and change the subject. Jeju is in two days, right?" Yeonghee squealed and nearly knocked her coffee onto Chanyeol. The others laughed and she hid her face and snuggled back up into Chanyeol's shoulder.

 

"Why are we going though?" Myungsun asked as she put her phone down. "I don't see any proper reason for it, maybe it's just me."

 

"To 'celebrate this year's student's hard work, that is greatly deserved'," Kai said, imitating Mrs Jeong's high-pitched voice. The others laughed, Yeonghee nearly knocking over her coffee onto Chanyeol again.