Ipecac

The Popular Students - EXO?

another update for today :) ~ i love all my subbies ♥ please comment, it makes my day ^_^ -xxharachixx


 

"We're going to take a blood test to test the levels in your blood before we hook you up to the transfusion," Dr Ahn consoled as you sat  in a hospital ward next to Yeonghee and Chanyeol. "You need to explain to me what happened at the restaurant, what did you order?"

 

"I ordered tteok kochi," you mumbled as Chanyeol tapped away on his phone. "I ate about half the plate before I felt a sharp pain in my stomach... and that was it."

 

"Alright," he replied, before swiping the antecubital space with sterilizer before puncturing the skin and drawing blood. "You regurgiated alot more than normal, so your body lost a lot of water. It would've been extremely damaging to your body; or even fatal, if Miss Shin didn't call an ambulance."

 

You looked over at Yeonghee and smiled at her. "Thankyou."

 

"It was the least I could do for you. I was scared out of my mind."

 

Dr Ahn walked back over to the table and started to label the container of blood. You sat awkwardly with your arm still out before Chanyeol butted in.

 

"Hey, where's that Junghye girl?"

 

 You turned around and looked out the window of the ward; it was empty, except for two nurses talking to each other. 

 

"She's not outside," you answered. "She must've left after Yeonghee called the ambulance. Why?"

 

"Kai said- nevermind."

 

You shuddered at the sound of his name. It had been so long since the two of you had seen each other or spoke to each other, which was actually an advantage to you since it was too awkward to talk to him anyway. After the nurses checked the blood they hooked you up to a transfusion and let you rest in the ward. Chanyeol left to go home, but Yeonghee stayed with you. Myungsun was in Gwangmyeong so couldn't come to the hospital but talked to you for a while on the phone.

 

"It's really unusual," Yeonghee muttered, "How you would throw up that much after just eating spicy food."

 

"I know... I always eat at that restaurant and nothing happens. They must've changed the recipe or something."

 

Yeonghee laughed and reached into her handbag to pull out her phone. "Oh my god, Chanyeol keeps texting me."

 

"I guess you guys are together now then?" You asked, Yeonghee blushing like crazy.

 

"No way... that was only our first date."

 

"Okay, okay. But you have to tell me everything that happened."

 

"We went shopping and we held hands, and oh my god, he let me share ice cream with him, and then I got some on my upper lip and he called me cute. That was when I was trying to text you by the way, but you didn't even freaking answer?"

 

"Sorry," you laughed, as you shifted on the bed. "Junghye was talking to me."

 

Yeonghee rolled her eyes. "I really don't like her."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know! She seems... clingy."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Yeonghee sighed. "I don't know. I guess it's just my instinct. Anyway, what time is it? I think I should be heading out soon."

 

"It's 8:30," you replied, looking at the clock that was behind her.

 

"I guess I should leave," she said, getting up from her seat and slinging her bag over her shoulder. "Get some rest. I'll tell your parents to pick you up tomorrow, alright?"

 

You nodded and Yeonghee smiled at you before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her. When she left you sat awkwardly in the hospital bed, just like the nights you would spend alone with your injured ankle. You lay down on the bed and tried to close your eyes to get some sleep.

 

--

 

BZZT. BZZT. BZZT.

 

You opened your eyes groggily and let out a groan when you heard your phone vibrate.

 

BZZT. BZZT. BZZT.

 

You slowly sat up and the light on the table, zipping open your bag and taking out your phone. It was Kai, and he was calling you at 12AM in the morning.

 

What an idiot...

 

You declined the call and put it back in your bag. Pulling the covers back over, you closed your eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

 

You got a message~! You got a message~! 

 

Oh my god, what does he want?

 

You sat up and opened your bag again picked up your phone.

 

12:07 Idiot who I should never talk to again

Jeongah, it's EXTREMELY important. Pick up the god damn phone

 

You rolled your eyes and waited for him to call you again. You accepted the call and held the phone up to your ear.

 

"What the hell do you want Kai? I'm in the hospital and I need to get sleep. What is it?"

 

"Okay, just listen. I wanted to come to the hospital and tell you this face to face but I'm pretty sure visiting hours are closed right now and I couldn't wait until morning."

 

"Well, you should've waited until morning because I'm as tired as ."

 

"Whatever. I called you to tell you this; it's a long story so just listen, OK?"

 

"Can you just hurry up and tell me what it is?"

 

"Okay. I'm at Kyungsoo's house right now and a while ago, he wanted me to go into his room to get the spare controller for his Xbox. He said it was on his study table so I went there and got the controller but I saw something else. Did Kyungsoo or that Junghye girl give you chocolates?"

 

"Yeah, how did you know?"

 

"I saw a packet of chocolates from Dear Chocolate, the one in Apgujeong, next to a handwritten letter and a bottle. A bottle of the syrup of ipecac, to be exact."

 

"What's ipecac?"

 

"I did some reasearch. It's a prescribed medicine that's used to cure accidental poisoning. It empties the complete contents of the stomach by forcing the consumer to regurgitate and lasts 10-30 minutes. If taken too much, it can be fatal."

 

Your heart panged in your chest. "What did the note say?"

 

"Wait, let me get it."

 

You heard the phone clatter on the other side of the line; footsteps; and then the phone being picked up again. "Got it."

 

"What does it say?" You asked again in nervousness.

 

"It says: Insert the syrup of ipecac into the chocolates, make sure you put lots. Then place them into the  box I provided and give them to me at Dongdaemun. Hide the ipecac once you finish. From Junghye."

 

You couldn't say anything. To say the least, you couldn't think of what to say. You just sat there in the hospital bed, your jaw dropped.

 

"Jeongah, are you there?"

 

"Yeah I'm here..." you mumbled, your body shaking. "Just... Kai, what does this mean?"

 

"You were deliberately poisoned, Jeongah. Junghye tried to kill you."