Kim Junghye

The Popular Students - EXO?

another chapter!! ^^ enjoy~ -xxharachixx


 

It was the night of the showcase. School for the day had already finished and most had stayed to watch the performance; others went home. Those who were performing for the night were instructed to go backstage and get ready for their performance, which you did. For the past few days, the three of you had been practicing your song, and it was nearly perfect. D.O had come up to you and tried to ask you where you got your bag, but you just told him you got it from Cherry Spoon and ignored such a weird question. You had tried to ignore Sehun and not look at him. It wasn't as easy as you thought it would be.

 

"I'm so excited!" Myungsun sang out, clapping her hands together as Yeonghee applied blush onto Myungsun's apple cheeks, trying to hold her face still as Myungsun thrashed around in her chair. You laughed as you watched the two of them argue over which colour blush to use. You sweeped the brush one last time, lightly covered with mineral powder across the skin on your face before you tapped it onto the table, packing the items away.

 

"We've got 40 minutes. I'm going to go down a few rooms to see Junghye, okay?"

 

Yeonghee nodded as you walked out of the room, your shoes clicking against the tiles. You shut the door behind you and read the sign in front: Choi Myungsun, Shin Yeonghee, Kang Jeongah / Line up no. 14.

 

You walked down the hallway, your white dress brushing against your legs, your curly hair resting against your shoulders. You turned to Junghye's room and knocked on the door. Junghye was a girl in your class, and she was taking part in the showcase too.

 

"Come in!"

 

You opened the door and saw Junghye sitting down infront of her mirror, applying eyeliner. She saw you behind her in the mirror and turned around, her eyes open wide.

 

"Jeongah!"

 

She stood up and hurried over to you, holding you by the arms. "You look amazing. I love your dress."

 

"Thankyou," you replied thankfully.

 

"I can't wait to see your performance. I bet it's going to be great."

 

You nodded at her and smiled brightly. She was so nice, for someone you had met only so recently. She went back to her seat and invited you to sit next to her. She passed you the brush and ushered you to do her makeup for her. 

 

"So," she began, as you started to brush the makeup along her jawline, "Hows things with you and Sehun?"

 

You paused. "They're... whatever. I don't want to talk to him or get involved with EXO."

 

Junghye pouted. "But why? You guys would've been so cute."

 

You scoffed. "No way. Kai was too much trouble anyway. I need to focus on my studies."

 

"Focus on your studies?" Junghye asked, giggling. You nodded slowly. Junghye placed a hand on your shoulder before looking into your eyes.

 

"Come on. Wouldn't it be fun?"

 

Junghye was cut off by a knock at the door. The door opened and a man with a headset appeared.

 

"You're on in 10 minutes. Get ready."

 

Junghye rolled her eyes and stood up. "I guess I have to go then. Thanks for helping me, Jeongah!"

 

She leaned down and gave you a hug. You smiled awkwardly before she pulled back, walking out the door and waving at you. You stood up and followed her out the door, but she had already gone downstairs to the performance room.

 

You shut Junghye's door and turned around, walking down the hallway to go back to your room. You heard the sound of boys laughing and you could tell that it was EXO. The sound of Sehuns faint laughter made your insides churn. You wanted to run to the room now and hug him and never let go. But you couldn't; you turned down the hallway to go to your room. The sound of your heels hitting the floor echoed in the empty hallway, but that wasn't all that you could hear before someone spoke up behind you.

 

"You look beautiful, Jeongah."

 

You stopped walking and stood still. You could tell who it was straight away. You could tell even if he was miles away. You could tell even if you were deaf. You swallowed and closed your eyes as you heard his foot steps come closer.

 

"I really missed you."

 

You could feel his shadow loom over you as he came up behind you. The scent of his hairspray and cologne drifted over as you felt him run his fingers through your hair, the loose, curly ends moving to his touch.

 

"Sehun..."

 

He placed his hands on your shoulders and turned you around. You looked up at him. "You look beautiful tonight. I wanted to tell you before anyone else did."

 

"Sehun, I can't-"

 

"Ssh."

 

He placed a finger against your lips. "You don't need to talk."

 

You looked up at him as he smiled down at you. His eyes were softly lined with eyeliner and his hair was styled to the side, his collarbones revealed. The warm, tingly feeling in the back of your nose and ears started to form as you felt yourself tear-up. Your eyes traced his body before you took a step back, your mature side overwhelming your love side.

 

"I'm sorry, Sehun. I told you I can't do this anymore."

 

You spun around and tried to walk away quickly, the tears starting to fall down your cheeks. You grabbed the scrunched hem of your dress and ran away from him down the corridor. You felt humiliated; crazy; unsure of what to do. All you knew was that Sehun loved you. And you loved Sehun. But there were too many things obstructing the path to your future together. From that night on, you knew that those things were going to be fixed.