Fireworks

The Popular Students - EXO?

here's chapter 38 for you guysss ♥  chapter 39 coming soon :) -xxharachixx


 

You woke up slowly to the sound of the others getting ready in the main room. Looking over to Myungsun's bed, you saw she wasn't there; but the light in the bathroom was on, so she was probably getting ready. You stretched your arms and got up out of bed, changing quickly, applying makeup, and walking out of your room.

 

"Good morning!" Yeonghee greeted. She was sitting on the couch, looking through her phone. "We'll go down for break fast soon. Kai and Chanyeol already went down, so I waited for you guys."

 

"Thankyou," you replied, walking over to the kitchen to get a glass of water. You walked over to the couch and sat next to her. "What are we going to do today?"

 

"Kai and Chanyeol want to go to the gym, so I thought we should do something else, right?" You nodded in agreement. "So, I thought we should go to the spa. Get a facial and a manicure. We may as well, it comes free with the hotel. We'll go down to the fireworks at 9."

 

You smiled. "Sure. But I'm so, so hungry, so lets have breakfast first." Almost as though it was on que, Myungsun walked out of the room. 

 

"Let's go, I'm starving," she groaned, holding onto her stomach. Yeonghee laughed and followed her out of the room and into the corridors of the hotel. Students were getting up and going to have breakfast, including the teachers; you bumped into Mrs Kim and Miss Kwang, who were going to the spa as well.

 

"I heard the ginseng facial is good," Miss Kwang reccomended as you walked down the stairs. "But we don't know yet. Enjoy your breakfast, girls!" They walked off into the opposite direction, and the three of you walked down to the restaurant. You took seats and ordered your food, which came after a few minutes. You looked around the hall for Kai and Chanyeol, but it seemed as though they already left. You assumed they had already gone to the gym. You finished breakfast and Yeonghee took the two of you to the spa, which was located on the other side of the concourse. For 4 hours, you, Yeonghee and Myungsun stayed there; you all got facials and got your nails done. The three of you talked the whole time; about school, about Misook, about the nightmares; and by the time you left, it was 5 PM, and the three of you went back to the dorm to get ready for the fireworks and the afterparty.

 

---

 

"How do I look?"

 

Yeonghee walked out of the bathroom, showing you and Myungsun what she was wearing. She was wearing a pair of skinnies and a black, short sleeveless crop top. Myungsun started clapping like a little kid and stood up, helping Yeonghee zip up the back of the top.

 

"Chanyeol's going to be happy," Myungsun giggled, Yeonghee slapping her on the shoulder in response. They laughed together, before turning to you.

 

"Aren't you going to get ready?"

 

You shook your head. "I might not dress up fancy like you guys. There's no point right?"

 

Myungsun gasped. "What do you mean, no point? This is once in a life time, Jeongah. Well, not really, but-"

 

"Do it for Misook," Yeonghee butted in, stopping the conversation. "Show her what you're worth." You were taken aback by her sudden comment, but thought about if for a while. You rolled your eyes and stood up.

 

"Fine. But I'm not doing anything special." You opened your suitcase and took out the dress you had packed. You walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind you, putting the dress on the table. You removed your clothing and slipped the dress on. It was a short dress with lace long sleeves that covered the contours of your body. You adjusted it and pulled your long hair to the front, before walking back out of the room. Yeonghee gasped and stood up, running over and touching the sleeves of the dress.

 

"'Nothing special'? Really?" Myungsun asked as she put her shoes on. "That is an amazing dress. Where did you get it?"

 

"Banila B. It was on special, for $60."

 

"This is such a pretty dress," Yeonghee said, before walking over to her suitcase and looking through it. "I have the perfect shoes to go with it." She pulled out a pair of stiletto heels with lace designs on the front and passed them to you. You put them on and took a few steps around.

 

"We should head out now if we want to get a good view," Myungsun offered, standing up and picking up her clutch. "Let's go."

 

The three of you walked out of the room in your dresses and out into the corridor to see the other students. You evaluated all of the girls dresses in your head as you walked past, boys staring at you more than you were expecting. A blush creeped up your cheeks as Jungmo wolf whistled at you as you walked down the stairs. Isn't he the guy that Misook and her friends drool over? You took it as a compliment. Yeonghee hit you on the shoulder and giggled.

 

"Hey, he's into you."

 

"No he's not," you replied hastily, as the three of you walked out into the concourse, the sky becoming darker, the lights of the hotel illuminating the ground to walk. "He... he probably just likes my dress."

 

Myungsun let out a laugh. "You think? He's not gay." You rolled your eyes as the three of you continued walking, following the other students.  As you approached a large fenced  park with a stage, the sound of music got louder and louder. You entered and followed Yeonghee and Myungsun into the large space, looking around to find Kai and Chanyeol. You were just about to give up hope to find them when you heard someone call Yeonghee's name.

 

"Yeonghee! Over here!"

 

You looked over and saw Chanyeol and Kai sitting at a table, calling you over. Yeonghee half walked-half ran to him, Chanyeol standing up and giving her a hug. "You look amazing," he said to her, Myungsun sitting down at the table. You sat down next to Myungsun and gave Kai a wave.

 

"When do the fireworks start?" You asked him, Kai staring at you longer than usual. 

 

"T... ten P.M," he replied, his eyes lingering down your body. Chanyeol gave him a slap and he turned and looked at him.

 

"What?!"

 

"You know Sehun already has his eyes on her, OK? Back off," he teased. Kai rolled his eyes and flicked his fringe. You looked up at the stage - no one was performing, but Gettin' Dumb by Will.I.Am was blasting through the speakers, and the students and other party-go-ers who were in the crowd were already starting to dance, getting ready for the fireworks. There was only 30 minutes left, so people were getting hyped up. 

 

"Hey guys!"

 

You turned around and looked for who called out. Baekhyun came and sat down next to Kai and smiled. "Wow, this seems like Deja vu, right?" You remembered back a few weeks ago when Baekhyun started annoying the hell out of Kai and Chanyeol randomly at lunchtime. You let out a laugh and nodded.

 

"I like your dress Jeongah, where did you get it?"

 

"Banila B."

 

"Nice choice," he replied, touching his hair. "I'm really hyped up for the fireworks. Especially the afterparty. I heard that Enduke is the DJ."

 

"Enduke? Seriously?" Chanyeol asked, looking up from his phone. "I bet it's going to be awesome."

 

Baekhyun stood up. "Well guys, have fun. I'm going to try get in with Yoojin." He stood up and walked around the table. You thought he left, but he turned around quickly. "Oh, by the way. There's rumours going around that someone from the school has brought ecstacy on the trip. Don't know much though, so be careful. See you guys later! Enjoy the fireworks." With that, he walked away.

 

"Someone brought ecstacy?" Kai asked, his eyes widening. "That's stupid as hell."

 

"Be careful with your drinks," Chanyeol said. "Jungmo nearly died last year from a drug spiking accident in a club. It was scary as ."

 

"We should go out now. The fireworks start in 10 minutes," Myungsun said quickly, trying to change the subject. The five of you walked out into the crowd, the sky nearly pitch black, but lights illuminated the park. Yeonghee stood with Chanyeol, so you stayed with Myungsun and Kai, looking up into the sky. A few minutes past and the music stopped, a few people at the back of the crowd letting out screams of excitement. It was 9:59, and people started to count down.

 

"5! 4! 3! 2! 1!"

 

A few seconds past, but then you looked out into the sky and saw a firework fly up before exploding into a large array of colours, the music starting again, students howling in the crowd. The fireworks continued, the bright crackers exploding into flower like shapes, before falling down. The ocean of students were hyped up, and you couldn't help but smile when you saw the KNUA emblem explode in the sky.

 

"I wonder how much that cost!" Kai shouted, loud enough so that you could hear over the noise over the crowd, fireworks and music. Eventually, the fireworks died down, and students started howling again. The crowd went silent, the next part of the night approaching; the afterparty. The music quietened, the blood in your veins racing, until you heard a loud voice come out of the speakers.

 

"Who's ready to start this party?!"