Doesn't she know?

What if I tell you my boyfriend was Lay...

Lay POV

I followed him outside on the balcony and I closed the glass door. he then spoke.

"Lay, are you alright?" he asked and i didn't know how to take it.

"what do you mean...?"

"well, lately, you've been acting weirdly around Chanjae. like that time when you blushed while she put her head on your shoulder to sleep, or the other time when we went to the market for the first time with her and you were acting like a kid who couldn't leave the caddy, or tonight, with the cooking thing... i've never saw you like this before" he clearly explained and i couldn't believe my ears. was i really doing these things when i'm with her? i didn't't even notice it...

"what-"

"are you in love with her?" he cut me and i couldn't reply. i was frozen. my eyes were wide and it's almost like i couldn't breathe.

"Lay?" he snapped his fingers in front of my face and i shook my head

"what are you talking about Tao, you know we can't date" i kinda avoid his question

"yeah. so? are you in love with her?" he asked again and i looked away

"do i have to take that as a yes?" he stared at me, and i swear if stares could kill I would already be dead...

"why don't you tell her?" since he knew already i decided to talk to him

"well ... it's not like..." i started, serious "like i could just tell her i love her, you know? it's gonna be hard for both of us if i tell her. cause if she says yes, then, the fans would all go crazy, the reporters would stalk us, i won't have lots of time to spend with her because of practice and she also has school. and if she says no then it would be awkward to even see each other everyday, i would feel bad for losing our friendship and everything. in both cases, we'd be stressed out." i confessed

"are you sure you love her?" he asked, out of nowhere

"what? what kind of question is that..." but i thought seriously and, well... how could i be sure if i really loved her or not?

"you're not, right?" he asked again, sighing

"how... how can i be sure of it...?" i asked, raising an eyebrow. he laughed a little and sat on a long chair, waiting for me to sit too.

this is gonna be a long night...

~~~~~ Meanwhile, in the living room ~~~~~

Baekhyun sat next to you and stared at you. you sensed something wrong and turned to see him, seriously looking at your face.

"what?" you asked and his gaze became softer. he pointed outside and you knew it was where Tao and Lay went

"so?" he sighed and came closer to you to be able to whisper into your ear

"they are talking about hyung's love. wanna hear?" you looked at him without believing his words.

He is interested in someone...?

you first shrug, now knowing that Lay already has someone he is interested in, but he insisted and started to pout... you were shocked because it was the first time seeing him like that so you followed him to the 2nd floor's balcony and started to eavesdrop.

"well ... it's not like... i could just tell her i love her, you know? it's gonna be hard for both of us if i tell her. cause if she says yes, then, the fans would all go crazy, the reporters would stalk us, i won't have lots of time to spend with her because of practice and she also has school. and if she says no then it would be awkward to even see each other everyday, i would feel bad for losing our friendship and everything. in both cases, we'd be stressed out."

you stood up, not wanting to hear more of it. now you knew he deeply loves and cares about that girl. you were trying hard to not cry in front of Baekhyun but you knew it anyway that it wasn't a good idea to eavesdrop their conversation, and a tear fell on you cheek. you were ready to leave when Baekhyun grabbed your arm and turned you for you to face him

"what's wro-... why are you crying?" he smiled and wanted to wipe the tear away but you stopped his hand

"is that funny for you? are you enjoying that, huh? do you like eavesdropping? do you feel better after making me hearing those words? don't you care about what people feel?!" you removed your hand from his grip and ran to your room. leaving Baekhyun behind, puzzled, shocked by what he just heard.

you ran to your room, locked the door, and jumped on your bed. you cried a lot and someone knocked at your door

"Chanjae-ah~ dinner's ready" it was your brother. hearing no response, he knocked again "Chanjae? are you in there?" he tried to open the door but it was locked. he started to panic when you replied

"not hungry."

"are you okay?"

"yep. better than ever. i was sleeping."

he knew something was wrong but thought it would be better to leave you alone and you were thankful for that. you heard footsteps going downstairs and you sighed. you took a shower and looked at your reflexion in the mirror. puffy and red eyes, pale face, you didn't even recognized yourself. you didn't have the strength to smile and just put on pajamas and went to your balcony. wind blowing on your hair, stars shining, you could even hear the sound of the leaves flying off the trees by the wind. everything was calm, quiet. but you weren't. you wanted to shout so badly but you didn't. you thought of Baekhyun. how you left him.

He must didn't understand why i reacted like that... poor him. i'm an awful person. i have to make it up to him ... and apologize. yes, apologize. that's what i'm gonna do you thought and went back to your bed, crying a little more and fall asleep.

Baekhyun POV

I've never heard her talking like that. she seemed really angry, and ... sad? i thought i did something good... he likes her... a lot. why isn't she happy that Lay told such nice things of her? I really don't get it...

but what worries me the most is her reaction. she never got angry at us even if we're acting like idiots... she must be really hurt... and all that because of me, oh gosh what did i do?

Why is she reacting like that? It's always a good thing to hear, isn't it? hearing that he cares about her, and these words were for her and only her ... Hyung loves her... he told it to Tao... Wait ... Am i an idiot? Argh! I sure am! Doesn't she know she is the one? Oh~ Byun Baekhyun, you screwed up!

 

 

___________

Short chapter! sorry~ i'm starting to be busy with school right now T_T i hope i'll still have enough time to update daily~! Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! :)