39.

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Yang Yoseob’s POV:

The dormitory was quiet , nobody was at home except me , sitting down here , staring at the computer screen and scrolling down the fan café’s page.

I hugged my knees and took the cup of coke on the table and drank a sip. And that can of coke belongs to Junhyung but I did not bothered much.

I laughed at my own after reading the comments of the fans left and went to the topic page. There goes the article, Yoseob oppa was not seen with any of the members today while they were filming for a variety show.

Knew it, I didn’t clicked on it and I just put my legs down and trembled a little with the touch of the cold floor. I wasn’t wearing any socks and it’s pretty cold.

I don’t know what should I feel, wronged or not? Good or bad? Suddenly , I recalled about what Jaekyung said to me that time.

“You probably did a wrong choice.” She said and looked up at me , “because I might try to fall for you.”

“I’ll try to feel the way I did before.” She said that and planted a kiss on my cheeks.

I touched my cheeks and blushed, my heart was racing so fast, how come? I thought I’ve decided to not bother her.

While I was lost in my thoughts ,the door bell rang and interrupted me.

I groaned in frustration, must be the reporters. I walked out of the room with a grumpy face and pressed the digital screen.

It appeared a familiar face – Jaekyung.

My breath seems to be taken away, my eyes widened itself and my hands began to tremble.

I tried to calm myself down with deep breaths however it seems to be no use.

She began shouting at the door and monitor, “Yoseob! Sunbaenim! Hyungnim! Please open the door! I know you’re inside there!”

Jaekyung gave a face of worries.

I shook my head vigorously and leaned against the wall , should I or not. I want to see her but I can’t! Something is holding me back.

Just then, I did a flashback.

“I did, during those three years , I was all by her side not you! When she needed you the most , where were you?”He grabbed onto my wrist and pulled them off from his collar and instead , he walked towards me and pointed at my chest, “What have you done for her during those past three years? You didn’t bothered , you only bothered about the present , your career.”

Myungsoo words just haunts me. I didn’t know what to do until time passed like this. One minute .. two minute .. half an hour .. one hour .. she’s still standing outside with a determined face even though she’s tired.

I couldn’t hold back anymore , I clenched my fists tightly and pulled the door handle down and opened the door.

She appeared right in front of me with a pair of dried and pale lips. How can she not get thirsty for shouting at my door for the past one hour? I offered her in and she just stood there and looked at me blankly.

Her expression seems weird , her eyes are telling me something.

And then, she pounced onto me and hugged me tightly. “Yoseob oppa..” She mumbled my name and her hot breath sent shivers down my spine.

My hands hesitated to place behind her back and in the end, I did not hugged back.

“Why are you here?” I asked coldly and closed the door.

Jaekyung furrowed her eyebrows and said, “I knew everything.”

“What?” I pretended.

She bite her lower lips and clenched her fist before hitting onto my chest, “How can you not tell me? I hate you for not telling me , I –“ She paused her words and I raised my eyebrow at her and she lowered her head and started sobbing softly.

“if there wasn’t love , there wouldn’t be hate . Is that true? I supposed so.” She started mumbling things that I couldn’t understand.

Every time she hits my chest , the pain feels lighter and lighter. It seems that she’s weak already and had no energy , she’s tired.

I held onto her hand when I got the chance and immediately , she looked up at me with a surprised look.

“Take a seat, I’ll offer you some drinks.” I said and pointed at the couch.

She shook her head and held the desk for support, “I’m okay. And ..” She paused again and continued, “I’m sorry.”

Couldn’t get the point she was trying to say , I gave her a clueless look and she explained further.

“it’s all my fault , I know.” She said. “I was a trouble from the start. Why did you interfered and cared about my matters which caused you to become like this.” She felt guilty for the punishment I’m getting.

I shook my head, trying to comfort her with a forced smile, “It’s not your fault.”

She kept on blaming on herself, “You should have left me, leaving me is for your good.”

I frowned and took her hands and pulled her into a hug, “Stop it, Jaekyung.”

Her head lied onto my shoulder and she said, “I couldn’t. I tried to .. not to love you. But I couldn’t.”

I gasped upon her words and looked at her back and did not respond.

Slowly , I felt a chill on my shoulders as the wind blew past, it was soaked with tears that she cried. I pulled away and took a look at her face,  she was crying terribly.

“Why did you tried not to?” I asked while I grabbed onto her hands.

She slowly looked up at me, “I’m afraid that you would cry for me again. Hurt once again.”

“Mwo?” I tilted my head to showed my confused look.

“Actually , after I recalled my memories , Myungsoo suddenly told me something.” She said.

I loosened my grip and looked at her.

“If my illness reacts again, there’s no .. chance for recovering.” She stuttered.

I narrowed my eyes at her , “Lies right?” I asked as I can’t accept the truth.

“I want you to forget me now, Yoseob.” She said with a pair of sincere eyes.

How can a kind hearted girl like her get this kind of illness, what is the illness! No one knows even the doctor couldn’t predict when the next strike would be , but I wouldn’t forget her cause I .. “I’ve fallen in love with you.” I said while I hugged her again.

“I love you too.” She said while she started tearing up.

I back away and looked at her face, Her eyes were wet and tears kept on flowing down her rosy red cheeks and I raised my palm up to her face and wiped away the tears gently with my fingers, “Don’t cry.”

Jaekyung smiled at me faintly without any energy and her half-lidded eyes warn me something , she is going to fall.

As predicted, she lost all her energy and fell to the floor with a pair of closed eyes, unable to know if she fainted or did she fell asleep .

With her body on the soft carpet , I raised her up slowly and examined her .  She fell asleep soundly and I sighed with relief.

I carried her up in a bride-style way  to the couch and placed her gently onto it before going back to the bedroom and get my blanket for her.

As I took the blanket , I suddenly had an urge to look for Myungsoo to clarify things with him for what Jaekyung had told me.

Kim Myungsoo’s POV:

My daily routine still goes on the same without Jaekyung , I sighed as I looked at the computer screen in front of me.

A knock on the door interrupted me , “Doctor Kim.”

I looked at the door and said , “Ne?”

The door slowly opened and a nurse appeared. She bowed to me and smiled, “Somebody had come to look for you.”

I raised my eyebrow at her and she backed away to the side slowly and offered the person to come into the room.

A familiar figure appeared with a cap and a blue jacket with a white basic tee.

“I shall take my leave now.” The nurse said politely as she walked out of the room and closed the door gently.

“What made you come to look for me? Yang Yoseob –ssi.” I intertwined my fingers and looked at him.

His behavior was weird and he kept quiet all the way. “Please have a seat.” I offered.

He slowly walked to the chair and sat down quietly. “What is it?” I asked.

Yoseob didn’t spoke a word and he looked up at me slowly with a pair of questioning eyes.

Did Jaekyung told him? I was getting prepared for what he was going to say.

“Is it true that if Jaekyung’s illness was to react, there’s no chance of surviving? “ He finally asked after ten minutes of silence.

I got nervous and avoided his eye contact.

“Don’t try to lie.” He warned me sternly.

I gave up and nodded my head, knowing that it’s no use to lie in front of him because he is like a lie detector.

“Jaekyung , told you everything?” I asked.

He nodded his head and asked, “Was the treatment not successful?”

“It was, but ..” I was interrupted by his words. “ If it was! Then what is with the prediction?“ He raised his voice.

I sighed and apologized, “The doctor said he wouldn’t know when will the illness react again, her immune system was too weak to fight for it and needed to inject jabs everyday.”

“Mwo!” He appeared as if he’s in pain, “She’ll be suffering all day long!”

“I know, I know..” I said and pulled the drawer . “This is the record of her treatment at New York.” I placed the documents onto the table and passed to him.

He took a look at it and blamed, “Why did she has to go through such pain? Why did I not followed!”

I stood up and walked towards him and patted his shoulders, “Don’t worry, she’s a strong girl.”

“Why did I not followed so that  you would not have loved her.” He said and I flinched upon his words.

“I .. I did loved her but I want to protect her too.” I explained.

He started to hit the table constantly and yelled, “Why is it not me!”

I stopped him for hitting the table and said, “Yoseob-ssi ,”

He looked at me weakly and I said, “I’m sorry for what I’ve done that caused you to stop all your activities.”

“How did you know?” He raised his eyebrow at me and narrowed his eyes as if he’s suspecting me.

“I’ve went to your fan café and somebody said that because of photos, you was being suspended.” I explained.

“Photos?!” He raised from his seat, “When was it posted?”

“This morning.” I said.

He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, “Aish, Who the heck is it!”

“Wae?” I looked at him anxiously.

Yoseob shook his head, “Either way , thank you for telling me.” After saying that , he dashed out of the room as if he had some urgent issue.

 

 

Note from author: i did not include the issue of Jaekyung illness because i wanted to have some surprises! hehehehe, surpriseeeeee! :B ,however it's a bad surprise. D: , I'm sorry for the very late update too.