37.

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Yang Yoseob’s POV:

I clenched my fist upon remembering the issue of the photos, now one week is over and I’m at the backstage waiting for our turn.

Doo Joon walked to me and patted my shoulder lightly, “Take it as a break.”

“I just .. feel so wronged.” I was forced to accept the punishment, unwillingly to face the fact.

He sighed and nodded his head , “I know, but we’ll overcome it somehow. Maybe you’ll stop for just awhile.”

“Who know s what is that old man thinking.” I said angrily.

He covered my mouth with his hands and did an anxious look ,”Aish! Don’t say that out loudly.”

“Mwo.” I said as I slapped his hands away from my mouth.

Gikwang came walking towards the both of us and said, “Yoseob ah, Do you want to go over and take a look?”

“Look?” I titled my head and observed his expression.

He looked down and nodded his head, “Jaekyung.” He pointed behind him and to the door.

I gritted my teeth, “Ani. Gwenchana.” I was about to forget her because of my career. Yeah right, forget.

“Sure?” He gave me an uneasy look. I nodded my head and intertwined my fingers together as I prayed for a perfect and smooth performance later on stage.

“Jjinja?” He asked again. Somehow , he annoys me as he continues to do this. I nodded my head and said, “I said fine means fine.”

“Araseo, It’ll be better if you go check on her.” He said and walked off.

I know it’ll be better that way, these days I haven’t been replying her message, giving her a cold shoulder and also not bothering about her. I’m trying hard to forget.Kim Myungsoo, It’s all yo- , no wait. It’s mine fault for entrusting her to him for the past three years.

I cursed under my breathe and earned Doo Joon’s look .

“Everything’s alright?” He lifted his head up at me and narrowed his eyes.

I chuckled and did a fist punch on my chest ,”I’m perfectly fine.” Yeah right , lies. I learn to lie more and more.

He nodded his head and stood up. “I’m going to check on the guys.”

I nodded my head at him and smiled. I took my phone out and looked at it. I went on twitter and saw some fans mentions.

“Oppa! I heard that the new boyband is debuting today! “ “I hope everything is fine! Oppa hwaiting!”

“Oppa, you hasn’t been up for the past few days, we missed you!” “Seobie, I’m looking forward for your performance!” “Hwaiting oppa! ^^ do well than the new ones!” “The hoobaes can’t win you! Kekeke.”

Some are harsh , some are fine. Why do they have to brought up the new boyband, it caused a chaos in my life. If not for them , I wouldn’t have to look out for them and treat them as enemies. Now , I and her has a further distance, our future seems impossible to be together.

A knock on the door interrupted me and I looked up.

“Hyung-nim.” A familiar yet low voice, I flinched upon the door opening. There stood Jaekyung.

“What’s with that voice.” I asked ,half joking , half serious.

She shrugged her shoulder and cleared , “isn’t it cool for me to pretend it?”

“Your original voice is low enough , I supposed.” I teased. Unknowingly, I’m having a normal conversation with her.

She laughed away with it and said,”Sunbaenim, We’re up next.”

“Ne, And?” I raised my eyebrow on her and she frowned upon my reaction.

“Why are you giving me that look?” She started to play with her performance clothes.

I leaned against the couch and said, “I’m just asking you what do you want.”

She coldly replied, “Araseo, I’ve must been disturbing you.” She turned her back and was about to walk off but I held onto her hands and spun her around.

“M-Mianhae.” I was surprised as well , I didn’t know why I apologized but something told me to apologize to her , I was being mean to her.

“Let go.” She struggled.

I shook my head, “I .. I know you’re trying to tell me that you’re nervous but I … I .. Just –“

“That’s enough.” She smirked and found the strength to push me away. “What? Apologizing for faults, awhile later being so friendly and next being so cold and mean. What do you exactly want! Stop creating a chaos in my life!”

“What about you?” I talked back and clenched my hands into a fist, “I’ve tolerated more than you. Can’t you tolerate that? You’ve been a chaos ever since you walked into my life too.”

She held in her tears and I saw her hands clenching into a fist, “Right. My fault and why didn’t you let me die! I’ve could just died with suffering and without any treatment that caused me to become like this!”

Jaekyung lost control and went mad as I tried to held onto her but she swung my hands off her.

“Don’t touch me.” She said and glared at me.

I frowned upon the look of her , “I couldn’t lose you.”

“I was all along alone. Fighting this illness alone, I’m just a useless crap.” She said vulgarly.

I shook my head , she was at lost. “You’re not, you had me.”

“I kept you in dark.” She laughed and her tears began to fall down her rosy red cheeks, her lips trembled.

A part of me was telling me to comfort her and kiss her yet another part of me is telling me to leave her alone because I could get into more complicate things.

I didn’t bother much, I just grab hold of her and placed my lips against her and I embraced her tightly in my hug.

She was hitting my chest and her tears that fell , I tasted it. It was salty and filled with sadness.

Slowly , she stopped hitting my chest and I parted away from her and she looked much more calm now.

I touched my lips and moved away from her.

“I- I .. That .. I was just –“ I was tongue tied.  Words couldn’t form , I went speechless after that.

She lowered her head and said, “I know, comfort.”

“Yeah, comfort.” I said as I rubbed my neck anxiously.

“You probably did a wrong choice.” She said and looked up at me , “because I might try to fall for you.”

The time seemed to stop , I observed every parts of her and she walked closer and closer to me.

“I’ll try to feel the way I did before.” She said that and planted a kiss on my cheeks.

My eyes widened and I was hit back to reality, that’s not a dream , it’s real.

“I’m off now, sunbaenim.” She gave me a bright smile and headed out of the room.

But why does am I flustered? I just don’t know if I can believe her anymore, I know it’s real about that sentence but why do I feel that it’s a lie. I’m afraid to lose her again.

Baek Jaekyung/Jae’s POV:

I tried to act cool as I walked out of the room, damn, I’ve must be insane, saying that to him but I couldn’t control myself and I said my thoughts out.

While I was thinking about the issue just now , Yonghwa walked towards me and smiled , “Jae!”

“Uh , hyung.” I said with my usual voice since Yoseob said it was low enough.

“Had you practiced your rap?” He smiled at me and walked alongside with me to our room.

I smiled and nodded,  “Ne, Hyung.”

“Good, do you have the confidence?” Somehow , he was so concerned about me, I felt weird.

“U-uh , yeah.” I stuttered.

He chuckled and nodded his head. We reached our room and he pushed open the door. “He’s back.”

“Hyung! Where did you went!” Minwoo asked worriedly.

“To the restroom.” I lied.

Yonghwa had an aura circling around him but I don’t know why I feel so uneasy , it felt like he knew something.

“Araseo, we’re next.” Hongki said as he crossed his fingers and looked at the mirror.

Our hairstylist and make up artist left the room and wished us good luck.

I checked on my make up , I really does look like an idol now. I smiled at the mirror being satisfied with the look.

The others had some plain make up on and some needed eyeliner.

“Nervous?” Yonghwa finally asked as he adjusted his clothes.

We nodded our head in unison and he just smiled, “It’s fine, we just need to do our best.”

He raised his hands out and looked at everyone, “Let’s do a hwaiting.”

We exchanged looks and smiled with confidence, “Ne, Hyung.” We placed our hands above his and smiled widely as we shouted our band’s name.

A knock on the door made all of us divert our attention at it, “Bangzter , It’s your turn.” The backstage person held onto the headphone and said.

Yonghwa nodded his head and replied, “Ne.”

We stood in lines and grabbed our mic as we walked up the stage.

The song started playing and we’re all being faced with thousands of fans and of course , I felt nervous.

It’s my turn to rap as I slide through the members and walked in front and started to rap.

Everybody were paying attention to us , so observant till I got so uneasy.

I moved back and Hongki came up and sing along with Yonghwa.

The next verse, everybody started dancing and we sang in unison. Then , the performance ended with my breakdance in the middle while the others stood aside and did some simple steps.

I stopped and looked up as I adjusted my cap.

The audience started to cheer and clap the hands , some took the light sticks and waved enthusiastically.

We bowed to them and got off the stage with the other end.

I heaved a relief sigh and the members got felt more relaxed after the performance was over.

Now that it’s over , I felt more realistic. But somehow I wonder if my identity of a girl can last long. I tagged along the members behind and bite my lower lips.