34.

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Baek Jaekyung/Jae’s POV:

Ever since yesterday, I’ve never talked much and I just kept silence. Even up till now , I just did things in my own way without talking without staring at Myungsoo.

“Leaving?” He asked with a warm and gentle tone.

I nodded my head and started to touch my fringe. I felt the tension between the two of us as he stared at me closely , “You need a haircut.” He said.

I nodded my head once again and slipped into my white sneakers .

“Annyeong.” I said softly and I was about to head out until his hands grabbed onto mine.

He asked from the back , “What’s wrong?”

I shook my head and tried to struggle out of his grip but he wouldn’t release me and was holding on tightly.

“Tell me.” He said and walked to the front and faced me.

I looked down and the long fringe covered my face, “I need to practice.”

“A-Araseo,” He sighed and let go eventually.

Myungsoo slipped his hands into his pockets and looked at me , “Are you feeling unwell?”

“Ani.” I answered with one word again.

I saw his hands clenched into a fist and I knew that he was suffering because of my coldness, I didn’t know what to do but somehow my guards was on and I feared him, I didn’t wish to talk much.

“It’s hard to continue the conversation.” He said as he looked away from me.

I bowed to him and apologized , “I need to leave now, if you excuse me.”

“Jaekyung , what’s wrong with you today? Ever since yesterday you’ve cha –“ He paused and covered his mouth .

I shook my head , “Call me Jae for now ,I’m a guy trainee now.” I said coldly.

He looked at me and grabbed my chin and held it up to face him , my eyes were looking the other way though, he sighed and nodded his head , “Araseo, I bet yesterday incident must be bothering you.”

I grabbed onto the door handle and pushed it open ,” Annyeong,” I said again and I heard him answered softly from the back before closing the door and rushing to the bus stop .

I plugged in the earpiece to the small audio device and well , it’s the usual thing , I’m listening to Yoseob’s voice and his diary and his songs.

The bus came and I boared on it , as I found a seat nearby, I sat down and looked out of the window.

His voice was in my mind as the mp3 player started to play.

“Jaekyung ah, Do you miss me now? “ He said and there was giggles, “Jaekyung ah! I’m Doo Joon oppa, Yoseob is missing you like mad.” Doo Joon teased . “Yah! Stop sprouting nonsenses! “ Yoseob flared up and I giggled at that part , even though I couldn’t see him but as soon as I closed my eyes, I see images of him and that’s called imagination , imagining the scene of the two of them fighting over the mp3 player.

“Umm , What do I say next?” I heard him flustered and then there was a music playing in the background and somebody said, “Jaekyung ah! I’m Hyunseung oppa! We’re now practicing!” Then there was a part where their voices was mixed together as if they got into a fight , “Jaekyung , Gikwang here, I’m here to say that we’re working hard and you too! Work hard and recover soon so that you can come back early!” Gikwang voice was heard and next Yoseob was back with a husky voice, “Aish , I’ve no more voice , A-ah , Jaekyung , I know this is mushy but..” He paused in between and said, “I love you , I miss you,” He coughed in the recording and I knew that he was embarrassed with it as I heard teasing in the background and it ended.

I opened my eyes and I was already somewhere near the company. I stood up and pressed the bell. I plugged out the earpiece and gave out a soft chuckling sounds , I didn’t knew he got that side, I boarded off the bus and headed to the practice room.

I was managing my stuffs in the sling bag and didn’t paid attention of where I was going until I bang into someone and my mp3 player flew , “Ah!”

There it landed onto the hard ground and I saw it broke apart.

“Omo! Chaesonghaeminda! Gwenchana?” A voice asked.

I didn’t bothered and rushed towards the mp3 player and picked it up.

The broken pieces was everywhere on the ground , looks like it’s hard to fix it back , is this a hint for me to let go?

I clenched onto the mp3 player and shivered as tears rolled down from my eyes , I don’t know but that thought scared me, I don’t want to let go, I’m still finding out.

“Jogiyo[Excuse me] , Gwenchana?”

I turned around and a guy stood there trying observe my expression and he was holding onto a camera.

He asked once again , “Gwenchana?”

I gritted my teeth and tried to speak the words, maybe it’s not his fault for making it spoilt but somehow I feel like blaming him for all of this.

“N-Ne.” I stuttered .

He bowed to me and apologize with sincere .

“Is that your music player? Ah! Do you need payment to –“ He paused and his gaze was on the ground , “Maybe not , Do you need me to pay you another music player?”

I shook my head and clenched onto my shirt , I wasn’t in a good mood .

“But , I’ve spoilt it , look at how badly it was damaged.” He said and bend down to pick the small parts of the music player before handing it out to me.

I took the small parts and looked at him , “Not everything can be replaced.”

He gave out a guilty expression and apologized again. I shook my head and told him I was rushing but he stopped me and observed me once again.

“Are you a trainee?” He appeared a smile.

I didn’t answered and examine him from the top to the bottom. From the appearance, he was wearing a black colored cap and a camera hanging at his neck and also a small bagpack.

The first thought appeared in my mind was , paparazzi?!

“Sorry , but I need to go now.” I said while putting the music player into my bag.

He scratched his head and bow to me, “Chaesonghaeminda.”

I nodded my head and left.

Yang Yoseob’s POV:

The choreographer rubbed his temple and huffed out of frustration. I knew what was going to happen next, he is going to shout at us. We all stood still and he began to walk around.

“Yah! Is this how you do it? Why are all of you so restless today?” He yelled.

All the other members and I looked down onto the ground.

He shook his head and said,” C’mon, Let’s try one more time, Alright?”

We all nodded our head in unison and he raised the remote up and pressed the button, the song began to play and we were in our positions, getting ready.

For the beginning, everything was going smoothly until it was the chorus part, I was about to slide across and switch position with Hyunseung but I accidentally tripped and that wasn’t it ,I danced the wrong move and I can see that the choreographer was getting angry.

He stopped the song with the remote in his hands and crossed his arms , “Yoseob, Why do you keep making mistakes? You’re always getting the steps wrong! This isn’t like you!” He lectured me.

He sighed and gave us a small break while he go out to get some fresh air.

Doo Joon walked over to my side and sat down, “What’s wrong?” He asked.

I shook my head and flung my head back , “It’s tiring.” I stared at the ceiling for a while.

“Mwo, Yoseob ah?” He furrowed his eyebrow and looked at me intensely.

I chuckled and shook my head, “Jeon gwenchanayo.[I’m fine.]” That’s definitely a lie because I’m not, Of course I’m tired, I’m sick of all those relationship issues, I want to stay out of it, stay out of Jaekyung’s business but I can’t seems to do that. I frowned.

He patted my shoulder before standing up , “When you want to say it , you will eventually say. Hwaiting.”

I nodded my head and smiled , “Komawo , Hyung.”

The other members were busy practicing the dance, they have strong determination to get things right and perfect, maybe I shouldn’t give up so easily. From their spirit, it motivates me to strive higher and maybe I could achieve something big.

I stood up and looked out of the practice room door. There is an urge within me to walk out and head to Jaekyung’s practice room.

I shook my head, for the time being , I should leave her alone and concentrate on practice and the upcoming  fan sign concert.