36.

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Baek Jaekyung/Jae’s POV:

“Let’s call it a day.” The choreographer clapped his hands and smiled.

Yonghwa walked up to the front and said, “I’ve something to say.” He looked serious, but I couldn’t hear him properly because I wasn’t paying attention until Minwoo who was standing next to me nudged me.”Hyung, He’s speaking.” He said softly , leaning forward to me. I smiled awkwardly as I back off.

“It’s that ..” He looked down and played with his fingers , the atmosphere getting tensed up. Everybody’s stare are on him.

“We got ourselves a manager!” He jumped up and clapped his hands. We all smiled brightly upon hearing the news because we going to be idols but I don’t know why I feel so weird. The first thought that I auditioned was because of the money but second thought I didn’t know what to do because I was soon going to be with a boyband.

The door opened and we clapped our hands as the manager walked in. She looked young and greeted us with a bow, “Annyeonghaseyo! I’m your manager for now. Park Shin hye imnida!” She smiled cheerfully.

The members started to go giggling and chuckling because she’s really pretty and has the figure. What’s more is she looks cute too. Somehow , I felt that I’m really a guy now because I’ve nothing to compare to her.

Yonghwa broke the noise by saying, “Next.” He said and looked at Shin hye , “We going to get a dorm! We’re staying together!”

The members got so agitated that they took off their shirts and flung around , I couldn’t do that and I covered my eyes.

Minwoo who was young also did the same thing. “Hyung! Please pay attention of your behavior!” He said and it felt like the dongsaeng is taking more care of the hyung.

“Araseo, Minwoo yah~” Hongki went ruffling his hair and smiled.

Minwoo tried to avoid his hand but ended up with a messier hair.

Even though they’re looking happy but that happiness stayed for awhile and the members started to depress, “This means , I’m going to leave my parents for a long time.”Minwoo frowned.

“Alright people, let’s work hard together and as a team we will make a perfect debut!” Yonghwa tried to brighten up the atmosphere and it seems like he did it as the practice room sounded much more lively, “Ne! Leader-ssi!”

“Shin hye noona!” Minwoo called out for the manager and she turned to face him , “Are you going to stay with us?” He giggled shyly.

She smiled at him and shook his head, “Ani, I’m in charge of you guys but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stay with you all.”

The members make a sound upon hearing that and she just smiled and said, “But you’re going to see me everyday.”

“Jinjja?” Minwoo asked, crossing his fingers together as if he’s praying.

Shin Hye nodded her head and smiled, “Ne. So tomorrow.” She paused and took out a file , “Everybody are supposed to assemble here and do bring all your stuffs along too because we’re moving in the dorm!”

The cheering went on in the practice room for quite a while until I’ve left there.

I took out the small music player that Yoseob gave it to me when I left for New York, I frowned upon looking how spoilt it was, small parts coming out and the cover is even cracked. How’s Yoseob now? I wondered as I walked towards the bus stop, my walk without the music, without the audio diary, it seems weird, Yoseob, are you going to be okay?

I couldn’t handle this anymore, all these thoughts. I took out my phone and sent him a message.

Yoseob , How are you doing? I heard that you went to the company because something happened. What is it? Mind sharing? I’m worried.

I clicked send and put it back into the bag. Just then, I heard a ringing sound ,I thought it was the message but it’s not. It’s a call from Myungsoo.

“Jaekyung ah.” He said on the phone.

I cracked my neck as I did a brief stretching at the neck area, “Hmm?”

“You sounded so tired.” He commented on my tone, of course I was.

“Ani, Waeyo?” I asked.

Myungsoo  chuckled on the phone, “You seemed so anxious, Ah. Do you want to eat outside?”

“What’s with the sudden meal intivation?” I joked.

He laughed on the phone, “I’m coming over now, so I thought it’ll be nice if we eat outside.”

“Araseo, I’ll wait at the bus stop.”I  said coldly before hanging up without a goodbye.

I helded tightly onto my jacket and walked to the bus stop, it’s cold at night.

Bae suzy’s POV:

I made a call to Gikwang. He’s not picking up , how weird. I frowned as I threw my pencil onto the table.

“Oppa! What took you so long to pick up the call?” I asked with concern.

He laughed on the phone and teased, “Nothing , You’re just scaring yourself!”

I pouted my lips and spun around in the chair, “Would you like to have dinner?”

“Dinner ..?” He sounded hesitant. “Suzy ah, Mianhae, Maybe not today, Next time?” He said with an apologetic tone.

I laughed awkwardly, “Ani, Gwenchana, You’re busy?”

“Ne, Sort of.” He said on the phone.

“Ah.. Araseo.” I said with somewhat a monotone and hanged up the phone.

Aish, what am I even doing. I grabbed my coat and a white colored beanie and wore it.

I guess I shall be like the forever alone guy today, eating alone at a restaurant.I took my phone and browsed for some nearby restaurant before heading out.

For some time , I spotted a good restaurant and walked out of the office and headed to the carpark.

I drove my car for around fifteen minutes or so, and stopped by the restaurant.

“One seat.” I said as I saw the waitress coming up towards me.

She nodded her head and said, “Agasshi, one moment please.”

I was at a Japanese restaurant , well looks like I’m going to order a bunch of sushi today. I put my hands into the pocket.

“There’s an empty seat there, would you like to sit with the others or separate?” She asked politely.

“Ani, gwenchana, I’ll sit with the others near the sushi-go-around.” I said.

She nodded her head and showed me the way to my seat.

“Do enjoy your meal here. Here’s the menu.” She pointed on the table and bowed to me before leaving.

I flipped the menu, nothing caught my eye and I just stared on the machine which make the sushi just going around and around. I looked how the chef was handling his job and the sushi, he was a professional looking at how he held the knife and cut the meat smoothly.

“Two seats please.” I looked at the entrance and there stood two guys one with a hip-hop look as if he’s a dancer and another looked neat and clean and was carrying a briefcase.

I narrowed my eye at the one who dressed like a dancer, I’m pretty sure that he looked so much like a person I knew.

The waitress walked towards my direction with the two guys behind her, She was blushing, oh well , sure since the guy was looking handsome.

“What would you want?” The guy asked with a gentle tone to the the one who dressed like a dancer.

I tried to see his face but the guy beside me blocked my view, I kept on moving in my seat until the others were looking at me instead, I giggled awkwardly and nodded my head.

“Jaekyung, this one is nice, would you like to order it?” The guy asked while pointing on the menu.

Wait a moment, I stopped breathing and I heard him called the person , Jaekyung? She’s Jaekyung?

Finally, the guy moved his body back to order with the waitress and I got to look at the person, the face was covered with a hat and the fringe infront of it was blocking my view.

Then , he came back and took the cup which was near me and I got to look at his face, Myungsoo?

“Myungsoo?” I mumbled.

He answered me with a look and I caught him red handed, It’s him and Jaekyung!

“Jaekyung! You’re back!” I said with a rather agitated tone.

But she isn’t facing me, how weird, I looked at her and tried to observe her.

“Suzy-ssi, did you see wrongly?” He tried to pretend, definitely not a good choice for him.

“I heard you. “ I said with a straight face.

He started to flustered and laughed awkwardly, “Ah ..”

“When did you guys came back?” I asked with a smile.

They kept silence, how weird, Jaekyung doesn’t seem surprised to see me neither does she seems happy.

“Jaekyung ..?” I looked at her once again , she didn’t moved.

She changed, her appearance isn’t the same before , after three years, I’ve been missing her, she isn’t saying anything not even mentioning about greeting me with a smile. Just a smile would do.

I got up and walked towards her , Myungsoo placed his hands behind her as if he’s trying to protect her, I can’t describe the scene I’m seeing right now. If Yoseob sees this, he’ll flare up.

“Oppa, What are you doing right now?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

He flinched and didn’t say anything.

“Dude, what are you saying!” I got agitated as I slammed my hand onto the table and the customers were all staring at us.

A waiter came walking towards us and said with an uneasy face, “Agasshi, Would you lower your volume? You’re creating a nuisance.”

How unpleasant to hear that, I clenched onto my fist and turned to him and crossed my arms, “My fault for that but I’m trying to figure out things here , can’t you see!”

He backed away with his hands infront of him and said ,”C-Chaesonghamnida, But the customers ..” He gave a look and sighed.

I know I was giving him a hard time but I couldn’t help it and continue with all these because I need to know why isn’t Jaekyung recognizing me neither does Myungsoo wants to say about what happened during the past three years.

Myungsoo stood up and apologized to waiter , telling him he’ll resolve things her and make sure he won’t be in a difficult position.

He turned to face me and grabbed my hands and pulled me out.

“What do you want?” He said sternly.

That’s weird, that should be my phrase for him, I glared at him, “Yah, Kim Myungsoo, Aren’t you going to explain to me what’s going on right now? Why isn’t Jaekyung recognizing me?”

“She isn’t the same before.” He slipped his hands into his pockets.

I laughed, “What a ridiculous joke.”

He shook his head and his gaze fell onto mine, giving me a strong impact as if he’s serious about it. “Let me tell you, She had actually forgot everything  even Yoseob.”

I gasped upon hearing that as he continued on, “However, recently, she recalled.” It’s a relief upon hearing that and I smiled but I furrowed my eyebrow again at him ,”But why she didn’t greet me?”

“She recalled the memories but the feelings are all gone.” He said coldly.

I huffed out of frustration, “This mess is getting more chaotic than I expected, Basically , she recalled but her feelings are gone? So she’s like an emotionless robot?”

He shook his head and shivered in the cold as we’re standing outside the restaurant, “Is just that her feelings for all of you had gone but she isn’t an emotionless robot.”

“Alright, feelings can develop so I don’t really mind.” I said.

Myungsoo just shrugged his shoulders, “I’m not sure if you’ll get used to her now.”

I smiled and nodded my head, “I will try to.” No matter what, I would try my best and let her feel the way she did before.