32 .

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Kim Myungsoo’s POV:

“Doctor!” The family members of the patient came running towards me .

One hugged my armed and the other grabbed tightly onto my hand .

I took off my mask and tapped onto their hands , “Everything’s alright , the patient can return to the normal ward .”

They all exchanged glances and bowed to me with gratitude , I accepted it with a smile and said , “It’s my job and I’m glad that the patient is alright.”

After saying that , they released their grip and I left .

I took off the doctor coat and hang it onto the clothes rack before pouncing onto the chair and sat on it.

It’s like my body is being thrown onto the chair because I was too tired to even think about what happened just now .

That was an emergency surgery and also I’ve thought that it would take the life of the patient but miracle happened and now , I had managed to save a life .

I took my handphone and looked at it , ‘one new message ‘

Oppa , I’m going to come home late , please do not wait for me .

I looked up to the clock and mumbled to myself , “What? It’s already 11 and she’s not home yet?”

I frowned and dialed her number.

“The person you’re calling is currently unavailable, we will direct you to the voicemail .”

I gripped tightly onto the phone and sighed helplessly and made a few voicemail for her .

There was a knock on the door and a voice was heard , “Doctor Kim?”

I straighten my shirt and said sternly , “Come in .”

The nurse opened the door and bowed to me , “Doctor Kim , the professor is calling for you .”

I glanced at my phone and rubbed my fingers against the screen and looked up at her , “Araseo ,I’m coming over .”

She held onto the door and make way for me , I placed my phone on the table and walked out of the room .

Baek Jaekyung/ Jae’s POV:

I stopped my footsteps outside the school and glanced up at the title .

This building in front of me contains so many memories , I closed my eyes and felt the wind blew past me causing my fringe sway a little .

I touched the school gate and remembered the times when I waited for Suzy .

That day was as usual , I stood outside with my spectacles on and waited for Suzy and of course , she was late .

Though images were unclear in my mind but if I’m not wrong , I waited for her and he walked closer and closer to me until our distance were just meters apart but he walked passed me . That feeling , I’ve no idea , it’s like I’m being mesmerized by his charming cold looks and all I could do was stare and then , I heard girls screaming  and that moment , I was being hit back to reality from another dimension .

In front of me was a crowd of girls swimming towards his direction and circled around him , all I saw was , he smiling to the girls and his name is Yang Yoseob .

I knelt onto the ground and tears were pouring down from my eyes , things in front of me were unclear .

Yoseob , I don’t know what to feel for you it’s like I’ve become an emotionless girl without any feelings , all I felt was emptiness and I didn’t know what to do with it , so please don’t fall in love me with me yet , not now , just let me be alone and figured out my feelings and I’ll give you an answer .

I heard footsteps drawing near me and I looked up , what I thought just now , came true . He stood infront of me , wearing a blue jacket with a white colored sleeves shirt inside and he held onto me and said , “Stand up .”

I looked at him as he dragged me up from the ground , “W- Why are you here?”

He gave me a cold look before releasing his grip from my arm and said , “Can’t I visit my school for once?”

I shook my head and said , “You can , it’s not like it’s mine .”

He gave me a smirk , his character right now reminds me of the past which I used to be facing a heartless and cold guy .

“Yeah , not everything is yours .” He crossed his arms and looked up at the sky .

I nodded my head and said , “Well , take your time here then , I shall leave.” And turned around to leave but he held onto my hand .

“Jaekyung , what you said to-“ I broke his sentence .

“Yoseob-ssi , for the time being , can you bear with the pain? “ I turned around to looked at him .

He gaze gave me shivers down my spine and I continued , “For the time being , please –“ Before I could continue , his warm lips was lightly pressed against mine , it felt like I was being melted in his embrace as he deepened the kiss .

At first ,I was startled and realized what I was doing to him , I pushed him away and I gave him a slap in the face , “Please respect me.” I stared at him with anger and disappointment.

 He touched his cheeks and looked at me , “Mianhae , I just missed your lips .”

I gasped as I covered my mouth , he looked down on the ground , “But now I knew what you want from me , I’ll grant you , I shall not disturb you anymore.”

“Yo-Yo-Yoseob ,” I stuttered .

He gave me a look and raised his voice , “I said I knew it , right?”

“Not this ,” I said , “Just.. give me some time , maybe?”

Yoseob uttered a soft tsking sound and looked at me ,”Are you sure about it?”

“Sure about what?” I looked at him.

He shrugged his shoulders and put his hands into his pocket , “Despite the time given to you , would you really do something about it? “

“I do , I will try to.” I argued.

Yoseob gave me a sarcastic smile which made me flinched , “Just now , you told me to forget about you , now you said you need time , what’s next?”

“Yoseob..” I played with my fingers and sighed , “I .. I understand that you are angry for what I’ve said to you just now but I meant it , what if I’ve figured out and what if ..”

I paused and did not continued , trying to look up and examine his expression.

He frowned and looked at me , “What if what?”

“What if I said I don’t feel for you the same anymore?” I looked down onto the ground .

Yoseob sighed and said , “Alright, if so , I would let you be.”

“Yoseob , Would you give me time? Everything comes too fast and my mind can’t think straight.” I frowned.

He put the hood over his head and said , “Is that the case?”

I nod my head and he grabbed my hand and looked at me , “Then , let me stay by your side and if you have any difficulties , you can find me .”

“This ..” I tried to reject because I’m afraid I might hurt him if I really don’t see him the way I did before .

He gave me a warm smile , “I called it a yes , alright?”

I gave in and nodded my head .

“From now on , if there’s anything in the past that you don’t understand or right now , what problems you’re facing , you can anytime call me and look for me.” He pat my head .

I looked at him and thanked him.

Well , I guess , all we could do now is to stay as friends and help one another, komawo , Yoseob, before I figure out my feelings for you, let’s just stay this way.

He looked up at the sky and at me , “Where do you stay now? I’ll bring you home.”

I hesitated before telling him but he insisted , I sighed and told him where I stayed, I just hope that Myungsoo is at his room if not , things would be worse if the both of them meet .

Yoseob accompanied me to take the midnight bus and I was getting sleepy because of the bumpy road .

I leaned myself against the window and closed my eyes , trying to take a short nap .

Who knew , the bumpy road had caused love sparks in the air , I felt that my head was being placed onto a much comfortable place to nap , it was broad and also strong , I guess that was Yoseob’s shoulder , if this is a dream , somehow my mind says no , this is not right but my heart says , let it be.

Just then , the bus stopped and I banged myself onto the glass window , what was that , I thought I was sleeping onto Yoseob’s shoulder? Was I dreaming , I rubbed my forehead and looked at Yoseob who was chuckling away , he tried to control his laughter and I slapped his shoulder.

He whined in pain and looked at me , “You did not need to hit me.”

I puffed my cheeks at him and his furrowed eyebrow changed and his lips curved into a big grin , “You like to do aegyo in the past too.”

I cleared my throat and avoided his eye contact .

“N-Next stop ,” I stuttered as I looked out of the window.

The bus stopped and we board off the bus .

“So , You stay here?” He looked up at the apartment .

I nodded my head and said , “I’m staying with my- my friend.” I giggled awkwardly .

Aish , that was a close call , I almost slipped it out of my mouth .

He nodded his head and smiled , “Go in , it’s dark and unsafe out here for a girl .”

“Yah!” I glared at him and slapped his arm , “Are you looking down on me?”

Yoseob shook his head and said , “It’s a fact , “ He giggled and said , “Alright , go in ,”

I crossed my arms and fixed my hat , “Mind you , I’m a guy for now!” And showed him my chest .

“How flat.” He said as he covered his mouth trying to muffled his laughter.

“Yah! Yang Yoseob!” I yelled in frustration as he avoided my attack .

“Jaekyung!” Someone called out for me and I stopped what I was doing so did Yoseob.

I turned to the side and saw Myungsoo running up to me and frowned , “Why did you returned home so late?”

“I-“ Before I could finish my words , I heard Yoseob said and pointed at Myungsoo , “Kim Myungsoo?”