25.

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Lee Gikwang’s POV:

I calmed down as I stopped the kicking and slapped Doo Joon’s hands away and stared at him.

Yoseob stumbled as he turned to said to the others on the set , “Mianhae .”

The others started to get back on their work and the staff members carried on to carry the props around .

Doo Joon stared at the both of us and said , “Follow me.”

Yoseob and I exchanged glares as we tagged along .

He swung his blazer back and put his hands onto his hips as he spoke , “What’s wrong with the both of you?”

We both answered him in unison , “Nothing much .”

Doo Joon turned around and faced the both of us as he pressed his temple , “Alright , Yoseob , You say frist .”

I stood aside as I stared at him while he explained the situation to Doo Joon .

“I .. I tried to speak to Gikwang about somethings well in fact is about I getting Jaekyung back to audition, but he gave me attitude .” He explained.

So , I was in the wrong, I didn’t gave him chance to speak because I was mad at him , I sighed as I slipped my hands into my pocket .

Doo Joon turned to face me and asked , “So , Why?”

“Mianhae , I .. I was still mad at him about what he said .” I apologized.

He sighed as he walked closer to the both of us and placed his hands on our shoulders and pat , “We’re a team , a team works together as one therefore , don’t fight , just talk nicely.”

Upon hearing those words , Doo Joon is really a good leader , he’s doing his job when the members are mad at each other or fight with each other , he’s a good leader with a good heart and I can see that the fight I’ve caused has caused him a burden as he need to report to the manager Hyung about it.

“No worries , I’ve got my way to deal with the manager. “ He looked at me and smiled .

I was surprised at what he said as he knew what I was thinking as he continued , “We’ve known each other , how could I not understand each one of you .”

He chuckled as he faced Yoseob , “You both should concentrate more on your career then on a relationship because it’s hard to get into a relationship now compared to the past where we were all just students .”

Yoseob nod his head as he spoke , “But I will figure out my way to be with her .”

Doo Joon smiled as he ruffled his soft hair and continued , “About that , why not you guys take the chance to see her as you both are chosen to be judges .”

“Judges?” I asked as I raised my eyebrow at him.

He smiled and nod his head , “Ne , gathered to the hall by 1 “

I grinned at the thought of seeing her in a boy’s disguise .

“Alright , You boys better hurry up.” He sounded like a mother as he walked off , waving back to us .

Yoseob looked at me as he said , “Look here , Gikwang ,” he paused as I turned to look at him , “If you wish to fight for her , Fight fairly,” He looked serious .

I smiled as I did a fist punch with him , “Araseo , If you made her cry , you’re dead ,”

He smirked and crossed his arms , “I wouldn’t do that and would not try to .”

Baek Jaekyung’s POV:

I took my tag as I wore it on my denim jacket and started to adjust my cap .

Other participants are busy practicing their songs and dance however all I feel was nervousness and my mind is blank .

“Yah.”

I turned to look at the person who was calling.

“Aren’t you practicing?” He asked .

“ I am . “ I replied .

He smiled as he raised his hands out to shake , “I’m Yonghwa.”

I nod my head to him as I took his hands and shook .

He has a guitar across his shoulders and had a bright smile on his face .

“Are you a guitarist?’ I asked .

Yonghwa smiled at me as he took the guitar out , “Well , Nope , a vocal you could say , I enjoy singing and playing the guitar .”

I nod my head as I heard him say his interest with a proud grin .

“You could say that I’m bad at dancing.” He mentioned his weakness as I smiled lightly to him.

“Oh , by the way , what’s your name?” He placed his guitar aside as he stared at me .

My name? I said with a little of hesitation in between , “J-Jae.”

“Ah! Jae-ssi!” He smiled at me as he nod his head .

“What do you do?” he asked .

I’ve never thought of that , I just joined the audition plainly for some fun and maybe I do have interest in it , I smiled at him as I answered , “Not sure , Dancing maybe?”

He looked at me with a pair of unsure eyes as he spoke , “Not sure? How can somebody not sure of what they are doing if they are here for audition.”

I  laughed awkwardly.

“The audition isn’t a child’s play but it’s been a serious event for everyone who stands a chance to get into the entertainment and become a idol and it gives hope to people who have this kind of dream.” He said with a serious look .

I didn’t know my answer would gave him such a reaction as I apologized , “It’s my first time .” I said .

Yonghwa tighten his grip as he looked at me .

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been to korea and I do have interest in music ,” I explained hoping he could understand .

He sighed as he loosened the grip of his fist ,”I wish you luck and I’ll be watching your performance.” He stood up as he grabbed his guitar and smiled , “Everybody’s watching but just be yourself and enjoy.”

I bowed to him and smiled .

He’s right , i need to practice , everybody’s working hard to get their dream so I need to do my best in this audition at least I’ve tried my best .

I went to the stairs beside the hall and pushed open the door and fortunately , nobody was practicing in there as I took a deep breath .

I threw my hat as I jumped to get it and started to dance in my own choreography .

A cough interrupted me as I looked up and there was a guy with his sunglasses on , he looked familiar .

“You.” He spoke as he walked down the stairs and I leaned against the wall .

“M-Mianhae , “ I apologized as I couldn’t take a good look at his face however the way he speaks make me shiver .

“You’re Jaekyung , aren’t you?” he asked .

I stopped as I heard my name , He must be Junhyung , his voice is the same and has never changed , I guess I couldn’t tell him either , I shook my head as i frowned to show a displeased face .

“U-hwa , calm down there , miss . “ He took off his sunglasses and gave me a smirk .

I clenched onto my own shirt as he spoke , “You’ve recalled , don’t you?”

How did he know? I looked at suspiciously as he smiled , “It’s nothing , the way you act just tells me that you’re lying.”

I coughed as I shook my head once again .

Junhyung sighed as he wore his sunglasses,“Why did you lied to him then.”

“Who?” I asked .

He slipped his hands into his pocket and sat onto the staircase , “Yang Yoseob .”

“No I didn’t” I turn to look away .

He smirked once again  ,”Baek Jaekyung , You can lie to everyone but you can’t lie to yourself , I know you’re stuck.”

“stuck?” I looked up at him .

He nod his head as he stood up and turn his back as he walked up the stairs , “Talk to you the next time , Bye , Jae.. Kyung.”

I flinched at his words as he walked off and disappeared as soon as I looked up.

Junhyung hasn’t change one bit , he’s still the mysterious man .

I still remember the times I’ve spent with him with Yoseob , he would always held onto his coke and drink , at that time , he always speak so calmly even Doo Joon would think he would make a good leader .

I stood up and pushed open the door .

“0089” A person in charged called out the number tag as I came out from the staircase.

She stared at me blankly as she looked down onto my name tag and mumbled softly under her breathe ,”Not you.”

Slowly, the crowd outside subsides to small groups here and there .

People who came out from the hall is either with a smile or with a serious frowning face .

I sighed as I leaned against the wall and reached into my pocket as I took out the small music player that Yoseob gave to me that time .

I played it and listened to his songs , His voice told me to calm down , the song eases my heart and calmed me down .

A tap on shoulder made me came back to reality as I shot open my eyes and saw the person in charge staring at me with a bored face .

“Go in , It’s your turn.” She said .

I nod my head and hurried to plug out the earpiece and wired it around the small music player as I kept it .

“Come in.” A voice came running to my ears from the hall as I stood up the stage with the microphone on my hand .

The light shot on me as I couldn’t look properly for a second and used my hands to block the light and slowly , I could see clearly .

“What’s your name?” This voice is familiar , I looked up and saw Yoseob sitting down there with a file as he flipped the paper .

I don’t think he see me either as he was acting calmly .

A guy sat beside him and looked familiar as if I’ve saw him before , wait , I did, he’s Gikwang! He is the guy who bumped into me that day .

He looked surprised as he pointed at me , “You?”

I chuckled softly as I nod my head .

He banged on the table as he stood up and stared at me intensely which made me flinched by his sudden act .

Yoseob stood up as he persuaded him to sit down and calm down which I have no idea what is wrong , or did he know that I’m Jaekyung?

Another judge with a smile on her face looked at me and said , “Please begin your introduction.”

I nod my head as I started my self introduction which in return the judge smiled at me as she looked at my record  , “New York? You’ve learned a lot then .”

I shook my head as I smiled humbly .

She used a hand gesture for me to begin my singing .

I gripped onto the microphone tightly , I couldn’t sing well , I took a deep breath and saw Yoseob smiling at me giving me an assured look .

I opened my mouth to sing and I stared at their face expressions and slowly , I forgot about the tension and started to open myself up to the music playing and started to enjoy the song .

After the singing , the judges clapped their hands and nod their head while a guy with a strict face stared at me , his face didn’t change at all .

“Proceed to your dancing .” She said calmly as she crossed her fingers and placed her hand on the table .

I smiled and nod my head , I snapped my finger and the music started , I put on my cap and started to dance confidently .

“Good job , Jae-ssi .” The lady sat there as she gave me a good comment.

The guy with a strict face looked at me as I looked at the name tag on the table , He’s the president , no wonder! I gasped as I saw his name as he raised his eyebrow at me .

I smiled awkwardly and cursed under my breath .

 First , Yoseob commented , “Good dancing skills however , the singing still lacks.”

I nod my head as I listened to him , he’s not biased and judge fairly which I’m quite satisfied with , I thought he would just let me pass .

Gikwang kept quiet as he played his pen and the mc skipped him and proceed to the lady .

Her name is  Jiyeon , I know her , the celebrity from T-ara , I smiled at her as she really looked young yet she can speak like an adult , “Good try , I think there’s still space for improvement in your dancing , well for singing , you do lack of skills but as long as your try harder , you can do it.”

Now , after her speech it is the president turn’s and his words is either in or out and to which , I’m surprised as he opened his mouth and said , “You’re in.”

I dropped the microphone as i gave a confused face , this is reality , this is real! I pinched my cheeks as I screamed in joy and bow to them , “Kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida!”

Repeating over and over again until I left the hall .