38.

Those promises . [NOT CONTINUED]

Kim Myungsoo’s POV:

“She’s all alone now .” I smirked as I threw the remote control onto the couch and stared blankly at the screen.

The television is now playing the song that Jaekyung had been training hard for , the dance steps that she sweat hard for. I smiled as she winked at the camera, She really looked like an idol now. No, correct that. She is an idol now and is now aiming to be a hallyu star. I supposed she don’t need by her side now.

I saw her ending with the breakdance ,it stunned me. I’m glad that I let her go so that she can be that successful.

However , this led me to the flashback of her leaving the house and to the dorm she’ll be sharing the members.

That day , after dinner we headed back home and she started packing her stuffs. I dashed into the room and held her hand, “What are you doing?!” I asked anxiously.

She said while her gaze fixed on the luggage, “Packing.” Jaekyung turned around and grabbed more clothes from the wardrobe.

“Where are you going?” I asked and tighten the grip on her hand.

She whined in pain and complained in annoyance , “Let me go! It hurts!”

I released her and apologized for treating her so violently.

She shook her head and continued stuffing the folded clothes into the luggage.

“Tell me.” I said coldly , staring at her.

Still , she did not faced me and carried on doing her things, “To the dorm.”

“What?” I raised my eyebrow at her , trying to figure out what is she saying.

“You don’t need to know.” She said coolly which made me shivered in fear. I had a feeling that I’m going to lose her again.

I grabbed her shoulder and turned her to face me , “Jaekyung ah!”

She looked at me with her half-lidded eyes, not used at her expression. I hugged her tightly.

Jaekyung did not struggled neither did she tried to escape. She said slowly and softly. “Farewell , Myungsoo Oppa.”

That words just strike my heart deeply causing me to ache in pain. “Mwo?”

“I may not see you that often again.” She said without any expression as if she is an emotionless robot.

“Waeyo!?” I yelled.

She backed off and looked up at me ,”I just ..” She paused and said , “You gave me a unsecure feeling. A uneasy feeling.”

“Mwo? “ I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

Jaekyung carried the luggage off the bed and placed it onto the floor. “Thanks for all the things you’ve done for me for the past three years.”

“Are you still angry?” I asked .

She shook her head and slipped her hands into the pocket, “Why should i?”

“Because, I hit Yoseob.” I said bluntly.

Jaekyung laughed awkwardly, “Ani .”

I couldn’t stand how the way she reacted because it’s just hurts so much. Who knows a farewell will be that hard and hurtful. It’s my first time.

“J-Jaekyung, Mianhae.” I apologized and finally learnt to let go, “I guess, we’ll be able to see each other someday.”

She nodded her head silently and then took out something from her pocket and approached me and passed me that. “For you.”

I looked down onto the envelope I’m holding onto and stared back up at her.

She just smiled lightly and carried her luggage out to the living room.

Seeing her doing tough work like this, I think I ought to help her and I stuffed the envelope into my pocket and ran out to help her.

“Let me help you for the last time.” I said as I carried her luggage up.

Jaekyung didn’t reject neither did she spoke a thing.

I carried the luggage up the small stairs quietly and placed it on the floor.

“You can drag it out from here.” I said.

She nodded her head in silence and wore her black sneakers before standing up and looked at me once again.

I couldn’t bear to let her go but I got to learn how to. Things just made its way here and it got to come to an end.

“Jaekyung, Take care.” I said with a forceful smile.

She smiled back at me and gave me a light pat on my shoulder before heading out.

And that’s when the flashback ends.

I stood up from the couch and walked to my room and took out that envelope.

Its says,

Myungsoo oppa,

Thanks for everything you’ve done for me. I am grateful for the things you’ve done, of course not only for the past three years that we’ve spent together at New York and also the things you’ve done for me to cure my illness. I knew that you liked me but I couldn’t return your feelings maybe it’s because I didn’t know what to do. However, I was angry at what you’ve done to Yoseob but it’s now a past so let it be, and now, I’ve learnt to let go and forgive you. Maybe , we will see each other again, maybe someday.

Let’s just wait till that day comes, alright? ^^ , Do support my band too. Kekeke

Jaekyung.

 

After reading , I just fell back onto the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling , I wonder what is she doing now and what is she thinking now.

Baek Jaekyung/Jae’s POV:

I stared down on my phone and kept flashing back to the issue that had happened yesterday. I made my debut yesterday and a confession towards Yoseob? Ugh, this is just insane!

I clenched onto the cellphone and looked out of the window which was just right in front of me, the weather looks so fine today, I wonder if beast has any schedule, I supposed they do after all they’re that popular.

Just then, Hongki said what was in my thoughts,”Yoseob sunbaenim doesn’t went on schedule today! Don’t you feel weird?” He asked the people in the living room.

I walked towards the door and pulled open it. Everybody was staring at me blankly.

Hongki cheerfully approached me and wrapped his arms around me, I flinched upon the body contact and backed away giving him a uneasy look.

“Mianhae.” I apologized to him bowing.

He chuckled and pointed to me with a ridiculous look. “Mwo? It’s okay! We’re all guys! These slight body contact means nothing!”

Of course it’s no big deal for him because I’m a girl and not a guy. I frowned.

Minwoo stopped him for saying further which I guessed he knew I felt uncomfortable because of his observation. My face was grumpy after he said those words.

Hongki then sighed and carried on with what he had stopped,”If I’m not wrong , I supposed that he got into some big trouble therefore the company must had stopped all his activities with the group!”

They gasped. I did not react.

He continued, “If it’s worse, he might get replace by a trainee!”

I recalled that there were still trainees that had not debut yet and Hongki’s assumption had just scared me that Yoseob might get replaced. I argued, “That’s impossible. How long had they debuted? They couldn’t just change.”

He shrugged his shoulders and said, “Who knows? We can’t predict the future. We’re not fortune tellers.”

I felt that my body temperature was rising and my blood was boiling.

“Aish! I already said no!” I yelled in frustration unable to listen further.

He backed away with a surprised look and crossed his arms and stared at me, “Yah. Baek Jae! Is this how you treat a hyung?”

I was about to argue back until Yonghwa stood up and stopped both of us with a slam on the wooden table .

“Enough is enough!” He said seriously causing the both of us to keep quiet.

We exchanged looks even though we held our head low. We did funny expressions at each other which I thought I was being as childish as he is.

He clenched his fists, “Hongki, You should beware of your behavior, stop spouting nonsense! That is disrespectful towards a sunbaenim.”

The other members just stared at the both of us getting lecture and didn’t made a sound neither stop him from lecturing us.

After a while , he stopped talking and he sighed, “I’ve should said enough.”

We both looked up at him with a guilty expression and nodded our head in unison and because of that , we stared at each other again.

Silence.

Then we broke out into laughters, “Aish, What was that!” Hongki spilt out.

I chuckled and nodded my head, “I know right!”

Yonghwa gave us an assured look and smiled, “That’s right , we should act friendly to each other, no fights just peace.”

And because of that, we had named him the peacemaker among us.

After the small crowd dispersed to do their own stuffs , I went to find Yonghwa because I sensed that he knew something about Yoseob.

“Hyung.” I called out for him and he turned to look at me while he hands were holding onto the plates.

“Washing dishes? Let me help you.” I offered.

He chuckled and shook his head, showing off his gentlemen side, “Gwenchana, You can go and relax, later Shin hye noona would be here.”

“A-Actually.” I hesistated and blurted out , “I want to ask you about Yoseob sunbaenim!” Without knowing ,I just said that without any consideration.

He placed the clean plates onto the another sink to let the water drip, “Mwo?”

Yonghwa walked towards a towel and cleaned his hands on it.

I said it carefully this time again, “Yoseob sunbaenim .. Would you tell me about him?”

He raised his eyebrow “What about him?” Obviously ,he want me to say it all out.

I sighed and pulled a chair near me and sat on it, “I know about the photo incident, what had happened to him?”

Yonghwa sat across me and said, “He is currently doing his punishment.”

“Punishment?” I narrowed my eye at him.

He nodded his head and sighed, “I don’t know what is so serious about the issue but the photo seems to made him paused all his group activities and including his solo activities too.”

My heart seems to race faster and my palms were getting sweaty. “Y-You said .. it was all because of the photo incident?”

Yonghwa stood up and said, “Ne. I supposed you should go get some rest now. I’m heading down to the supermarket to get some groceries. There’s not much food left.”

I couldn’t concentrate on what he was saying , I heard him said Ne. And that’s all I want to hear, it means I’ve caused trouble for him. I was a trouble from the start, he shouldn’t had interfered neither should he cared. I clenched my fist onto the table and quickly pushed the chair behind with my body and rushed out of the dorm to find him. I have to stop him because nobody should even pay any attention on me. Like how my foster parents did , left me and never come back.

 

 

 

Note:Sorry for the late update, TT TT . But i'll try to update as often as i can and also , do look out for story feed. :p