chapter 44

2 lives

6:43

“Yuri-ah, it doesn’t look like anybody is home,” Hyomin said as she knocked on the door repeatedly.

Yuri sighed and crisscrossed her hand. She shined the flashlight around the house to see if there’s any other ways to get into it or see inside it.  

“I guess it’s useless to go here,” she commented, feeling disappointed.

---

Taeyeon followed the directions that her GPS was showing her and turned left to the house. She pulled her brake when she spotted black figures near the house... She stretched her neck out while focusing her eyes to see who it was. ‘It’s Yuri’s crew…..I guess they’re one step ahead of me....’

Taeyeon searched around for the brunette but she was not visible anywhere. ‘Where is she?’

She quickly backed her car into the corner when she saw the crew going into their cars and shut off the car’s light..  ‘Maybe…that was really Jessica…’

After Taeyeon saw Yuri’s car drove straight out, she, leaving the light off, stepped on her gas.

“I guess she didn’t get any clues...” Taeyeon said out and drove her car near the house. She got out and took her flashlight with her. She shined it through the house’s window. ‘The curtain is all covered up…..wow... This totally gives off a feeling of creepiness... .’

Taeyeon walked around to the backyard to see if Yuri had missed something.  When she got to there, the aroma of dying and food filled her noise. It wasn’t pleasant at all.

“Argh..The smell. Aish..”  Taeyeon cringed up her face as she walked over to the pile of trashes. She took one out and opened it, She shined into it and found normal food and other stuff.  “Why am I searching through trash?” she asked herself, but she kept doing it anyway. She remembered that in crime movies, you’ll always find evident in the trash so that’s why she’s doing this. “Aish. This will not do..”  She sighed and stretched out her back. Just then, an idea flitted through her head. “Ahha! Of course you suppose to let the police do this work!”

--Police Station--

Taeyeon dragged all the trash bags into her trunk and drove over the police. She took out a sticky note and wrote with her left hand so they wouldn’t recognize her hand writing. She put all the bags out her trunk and planted the sticky note right on the piles of bags. ‘ Okay. Now how to—oh! Perfect! This will get their attention..’ Taeyeon touched her pocket to see if brought any paperclip, which she always does since, she goes into people houses and company...

When she found it, Taeyeon opened the door, crawled over to the car next to her, and inserted the end of the paperclip into the lock. ‘1..2..3..!’

“BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!”  The cars honked loudly through the late night, repeatedly. It rang harsh and irritating into people’s ears.

Taeyeon giggled and swiftly got into her car…

--

“BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!”

“Yuri what’s that sound..?” her teammates asked and everybody stopped working.

“No..way..” Yuri ran out to the parking lot and to the pile of trash bags that was set right in the middle. She turned her head and saw a black car drove away.

“Y-Yuri-ah, isn’t that..the thief?” Hyomin said out.

More and more policemen were now out at the parking lot area.  Yuri got the sticky note and read it out loud, “’you don’t have to thanks me. This is from the vice president house.  Look over the trash. There are always clues..’” Yuri glanced at the bottom.. ”#ONE”

“Yuri what should we do about this..?” Her teammate asked, carrying a trash bag.

“Open it up. Go asked the others too to help us too…” Yuri ordered and crumbled the sticky note up, “if you see anything suspicious tell me.”

Yuri and her teammate got to work with the help from the others but something was bothering her the whole time…

‘Why are you helping us..?’

---

8:01

“What do you want from us anyway? We’ve been tied for hours already, god dammit!” Jessica shouted feeling irritated and stiff being in the same position for hours.

Tiffany nudged Jessica’s back to tell her to stop talking.

“You—“before the person could talk, a phone rang loudly through Tiffany’s jean pocket.

They let it rang for a few second before the man stepped over the girl and took out her phone. “Kim Taeyeon...Perfect…” he read off the caller ID, “Tell her to come home quick or,” the man brought his gun up to her head, “this..”

Tiffany gulped down her saliva, nervously.

He slid the green button over to answer the phone and put on speaker.

“y-y-yobe-seyo,” Tiffany stuttered.

“Tiffany, where are you? Are you at my apartment?” Taeyeon asked in a cheery voice.

“Uh-uh.., yeah.., I am...” she looked at the guy’s face that was covered with a mask. It covered everywhere accept for his eyes, nose and mouth. ‘This man eyes…they’re look too much like him..’

“Oh. Is Jessica there too?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes..” Tiffany voice became solid as she continued to stare at the man’s eyes.. ‘Of course! How could I not know who this is...! It’s definitely him!.’

“Okay, I’ll be there soon, bye,” Taeyeon hung up.

Breathing of the three people was the only thing that could be heard for the past few hours..

“Great..” the man uttered out. He stayed there and untied Tiffany’s rope to let her free.

Tiffany had a perplexed look on her face but it was wiped away when the man started to open his mouth.

“Help her up,” he ordered, while holding the gun by his side.

Tiffany got up and stretched her body out like she was in a fitness room, not bothering the man pointing a gun right infront of her. She then walked up to him and furrowed her eyebrows. “You’re Mr. Kim, aren’t you,” she uttered out strongly.

The man froze for a sec, then backed up while pointing his gun straight out. He shouted, “What the hell are you talking about! I said help her up!” the man connect the silencer onto the gun.

“I-i-it’s you right? W-W-hy are you—,”

The guy pulled the triggered. ‘BANG!’. After that a dead silence surrounded the room.

Tiffany’s heart jumped and she fell on her feet after  he fired the bullet right next to her. Her ears felt like it would burst out and split apart from her head.

 “Tiffany!” Jessica shouted when she saw the girl’s head collapsed onto the floor. “You !” her temper went off.

The man scoffed.

Everything was a mess. Tiffany was like a dead person and Jessica couldn’t even do anything about it… She was tied up with no way out. ‘Kim Taeyeon. You better hurry and come here!’ Jessica thought as she breathed in and out heavily.

 

"Mhm..~ Whooo wooo,” Taeyeon hummed and whispered as she parked her car by the corner. She switched the car’s sign back to normal and continued her walk.

‘bang!’ Taeyeon halted when she heard a light noise coming from the top. She lift her head up to look at the ceiling, ‘Where did that noise come from?’ she asked herself as she kept walking to the elevator.

After she tread in the elevator, Taeyeon sniffed in and smelled her clothes.

“Dang~ aish..,” she commented out, with disgust. “Shoot!  I’m wearing all black. What if Jessica remember what I wore then.. she’ll know I’m the thief..” Taeyeon groaned as she bang her head on the elevator’s wall. “I guess I have to sneak in..”

Taeyeon stride through the hall of arts to her apartment. She walked to it and touched the door’s handle. ‘that’s weird. It’s not lock. Tiffany would never let it go unlock..’

Taeyeon turned the handle and entered in. She was greeted with nothing but darkness and silence. ‘Wow. What a nice, warming greeting..’ she thought.

She searched for the light switch and turned it on. Her eyes widened up when she saw Tiffany lying on the ground. The girl was pale as ever and sweat was plastered on her forehead.

Taeyeon ran forward and held onto the girl. She caressed the girl’s face and wiped off the sweat. “Fany-ah, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon shook the girl over and over to see if she would response.

“UMMMHMH!!!”

She heard someone muffled out. She set Tiffany gently down and stood up slowly, then turned around with sharp eyes.

The gun was straight to her head, ready to blow and shatter every piece of her brain if she move.

‘TAEYEON-AH!’ Jessica eyes cried out as she struggled to get loose from the guy’s grip.

The man behind the hot mask smirked. “I’ve been waiting for you, Kim Taeyeon...”

--

Thank you for reading.

Sorry for not been updating..I have finals to study..so yeah:)

Well, Thank you for reading again and sorry if there's any mistakes.:)