Chapter 8

Cause This Love is Ours

I couldn’t go to work this time. Because Kyuhyun oppa’s fans might be recognized me. I dialed Jongin’s number over and over again but he didn’t answer. I texted him and explained about the truth but he didn’t reply. I ruined everything!

           

Next morning, I got in a bus. I have a job interview in a company. The bus was not so full. Just a bunch of high school girls. Then, some high school girls approached me. They looked so annoying.

“Oi! She’s the one in the news!” The tall girl exclaimed.

“She’s the one who is dating our oppa!” They started hitting my face with their bags. I fell down on the floor as they kicked my body. “You two should break up!” “You don’t know how much we love him!”

            Suddenly everything went black..

            I opened and my eyes and realized that I wasn’t in the bus anymore. I looked to my right side. I saw Minsoon with her puffy eyes smiling happily to me. Suddenly the door opened. Kyuhyun oppa went in. He smiled happily upon seeing me was wide awake.

“Are you okay? How is it?”

“I don’t know. I feel a bit dizzy.”

“Rest here okay. I have to go, I have a schedule now. Take care, bye.” He waved and smiled.

“Why did you tell him?” I asked Minsoon.

“I’m sorry. I felt like I had to do so.”

“I just wanna stay away from him. Now that everyone in this hospital might know.” I sighed. “This is all because of me contacting him at first.”

“But you know, his fans were so cruel to you. You have a lot of bruises on your body.” She looked at me. “The driver found your unconscious body and then called me immediately. I was so confused that time so I called Kyuhyun instead of Jongin. But, I already informed him that you’re here.”

“What? You told him?! I don’t wanna burden him with my problems. He is already mad at me because that gossip surfaced. And know, if he knows who the ones who beat me are, he’ll be insanely mad.”

“You know it already, good.” I turned my head to the door and saw Jongin standing in there, leaned against the wall. Then he walked in and sat on the couch. “Why so surprised?”

“Can you leave us?” I asked Minsoon. She nodded and walked out. “Jonginnie-ah…”

 “Shut up. This is what you deserve so I’m not going to pity you.” He crossed his arms. “Listen, if you really wish that our relationship will last, stay away from him.”

“Okay, okay, I’ll do it. I’m sorry, that night I was going to give back the bracelet to him as you told me.” Tears welled up on my eyes.

“I don’t wanna hear your excuses anymore.” He stood up and was about to leave.

“Where are you going, oppa-yah?”

“I’ll have some performances. I have to go now.” He placed a bucket of flowers next to me.

“Wait!” I grabbed his arm. “I’m sorry, I won’t do it in the future.”

“Humm, yeah.”

            Next day, I asked Minsoon to take all my savings from the bank. I knew Kyuhyun oppa already paid the bills for me. I felt uneasy because of that. I decided to replace his money with mine and sent it to his home.

            After sending the money to his home, we went home. I felt so poor. I have no job, no money, no saving. How I suppose to live my life? Minsoon helped me to look for job vacancy in the newspaper.

            My phone rang so loud. I read the caller’s name, Kyuhyun oppa. I tried to ignore but he kept calling. Tsk.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Eunyoung-ah, why did you send it back?”

“I just I don’t wanna be a burden to you.”

“What? Of course you’re not a burden to me. I paid it because I care, I care to you.”

“No, oppa. Oppa I don’t wanna owe you anything. So just accept the money and stop contacting me.”

“I can’t accept it. That is your saving. I can’t.”

“Oppa please…”