Chapter 9

Cause This Love is Ours

“No, oppa. Oppa I don’t wanna owe you anything. So just accept the money and stop contacting me.”

“I can’t accept it. That is your saving. I can’t.”

“Oppa please…”

 

“How about you work to SM as a make up artist’s assistant? You can pay me back using your salary.”

“What?” I said in shock.

“I’m offering you a job vacancy here in SM.” He said. “Starting now, learn how to do make up and hair styling, okay?”

“But…”

“Now I’ll recommend you.” He cut off my word. “Wait for a call from me later.”

            I still couldn’t believe what he was saying just now. He offered a job to me? A job in SM? Am I daydreaming? That means I can see Jongin everyday. I went to Minsoon and told her about it. She seemed agree with Kyuhyun oppa as well.

“Minsoon-ah, be my model. At least I should try to do a make up.”

“Ha! You agree right?” she smiled widely and I winked to her.

            I spent almost 40 minutes to do a make up on her. I read some how-to and tips and tricks in the magazine. I waited for Kyuhyun oppa to call me for almost two hours. He finally called at 10pm.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Eunyoung-ah! You get it! You’re our make up artist’s assistant since now! Congrats!” I can imagine him shouting there.

“Ah, really? Thank you oppa!”

“But, they wanna give you a month test. They wanna see your capability to do make ups and hair styling. Nah, you have some time to learn. And they wanna meet you tomorrow.”

“Wah! Thank you oppa. I’ll do my best to make you proud!”

“You’re welcome Eunyoung-ah. Come to the office at 7am tomorrow, kay? I’ll hang up. Fighting!”

“Okay. Fighting!”

            Minsoon hugged me as soon as I told her about my new job. She congratulated me many times. Then, we went out to buy some magazines about make up and hair styling. I tried as told in the magazine to Minsoon’s face. The result? Not bad.

            I went to the SM building by myself. I looked around and found some fangirls waiting. Then I realized, ‘oh gosh, they haven’t given me the card to get in’. I waited helplessly in front of the door. Suddenly, someone patted my back.

“You must be the new assistant.” He said. “Come on, go in.”

            I entered the building. The phrase ‘Don’t judge the book by its cover’ really fits here. The building seemed old and ugly, but when you get inside, it’s so beautiful and has a futuristic vibe in it.

I thanked the person many times. I thought him maybe an employee too. I bowed to him as he left me in the lobby. I went to the receptionist and asked her about my meeting. She told me to go upstairs.

            I entered the lift and press the 3rd floor button. I was alone that time. I walked out from the lift and saw Jongin with his bandmates. They bowed to me as I passed them. I bowed and smiled to them as well. Jongin looked at me in disbelief. But then, someone grabbed my wirst.

“Annyonghaseyo, welcome to SM Company.” A beautiful woman in her mid 20s greeted me.

“Annyonghaseyo.” I bowed to her.

“So, you’re my new assistant.” I shook her hand. “I’m Lee Haeri. I bet you’re much younger than me so you better call me unni.”

“Yes,”

“So, let’s start working together from now on. Are you ready?” she asked and I nodded. “First off, bring me this cosmetic bag. Let’s go downstairs.”

            We went to the parking lot. We got in to a van that was already waiting for us outside. There were three vans. The first and the second van were encircled by a lot of fangirls. They were screaming so loud.

“First time?” she smiled. “It must be your first time seeing how riot the street will be when the boys are out.”

“Yes, so many fangirls.” I said. “Where are we going, unni?”

“We’re going to Mnit’s building. The boys are going to have a pre-recording there.”

“The boys?”

“Yeah, EXO.”