Chapter 12

Cause This Love is Ours

“Why oppa? Please, please I beg you. I just wanna spend an hour with you.”

“I have schedules.”

“Oppa, please? I beg you, please?”

“Huh, okay. Just an hour okay? An hour sharp.”

 

I waited for him in a café for almost an hour. Jongin hasn’t appeared yet. I looked at my wrist watch over and over again. I looked up to the entrance door to check if he arrived. Then I looked up again. I saw Jongin with a fedora hat and a pair of glasses on. He looked so cute. I waved my hand to him.

“Oppa you’re late almost an hour.”

“I told you earlier, I have schedules. You must’ve thanked me because at least I spared my time for you.”

“O.. Oppa-yah..” he sat down in front of me. He didn’t say anything but just pulled out his cellphone and started playing with it.

He kept playing with his cellphone and ignoring me. I drank almost whole of my milkshake, but he kept looking at the screen and smiling.

“I’m going to the restroom.” He said to me as I nodded.

He left his phone on the table. I felt the phone vibrate, a new text message. I took the phone and read it, it was from a girl named Sunhee. I accidentally hit the open button so the whole conversation popped out. They texted each other just like a lovey dovey couple. Then they mentioned something about ‘practice at SM’. She must be a trainee at SM. I read it all as tears slowly streaming down my cheeks. I looked up to see the restroom door. Jongin was already outside, he was washing his hands. I put his cellphone on the table again and pretended like nothing happened.

He arrived at our seats. He sat down and grabbed his cellphone. I looked up to see his face.

“Oppa, it looks like your phone is more entertaining than me, so I better go because I’m done with my milkshake.” I was saying to him but he kept texting. “Oh, here oppa.” I handed my present to him. “Happy 2nd anniversary.” I stood up and bowed my head. “Annyong.”

I went to the cashier and paid the bills. Tears started falling down again. I wiped the tears as soon as it fell down. I walked out from the café and ran to the bus stop. Although it was painful, but I tried my best to run. Tears kept falling down. I still remembered the words clearly in my head. That’s why he avoided me these past months? That is the reason? Because he has a new girl in his heart?

I sat on the bench in the bus stop. I don’t wanna go home, I don’t want Minsoon to see me like this. I don’t wanna make her worry. Fortunately, there were nobody in the bus stop. I was all alone, crying like a baby.

I still remembered the old Jongin that I knew. The playful Jongin, the troll Jongin, the romantic Jongin. Every side of him. I still remembered clearly how he proposed to me two years ago. How happy he was when I accepted to become his girlfriend. The loving and caring boyfriend that I once had, now is gone.    

Such a gloomy night. I sat here alone, without no one noticing, without no one running after me. Such an irony. Jongin didn’t even bother to run after me, looking for me, calling me. Jongin-ah, what happened to you? What makes you changed drastically? I love the old you, Kim Jongin. Not the new you, Kai, who is craving for fame, money and girls. I miss you, Kim Jongin, your old self.

“I love Kim Jongin, not Kai.”

Suddenly a guy approached me with a concerned face. He lifted up my chin then caressed my cheeks with his thumbs slowly.

“Don’t cry Eunyoung-ah…”