Chapter 6

Cause This Love is Ours

Then she put some strands of her hair into the back of her ear. Wait! What does she wear in her hand? Is that my bracelet that I lost a while ago? I looked at the bracelet closely.

 

 

(Eunyoung’s POV)

 

“You have a beautiful bracelet.” I smiled. “It must be from your boyfriend, eh?”

“No, actually I found it in a building a while ago. I was waiting for my friend when suddenly a guy dropped it down. I tried to run after him, but I couldn’t. Then I decided to wear it, so that when I found the guy, I’ll give it back to him directly.” Oh god I talked too much. “Ah, I’m sorry, I talked too much.” Then I covered my face with my palms.

“Hey it’s okay.” He grinned.

            He took me to the hospital. He even came to see Minsoon but unfortunately, Minsoon was asleep.

“Thanks again for taking me here.” I bowed to him.

“You’re welcome.” He smiled. “But you’re still my driver right?” I nodded.

            I checked my phone. Still no message and missed call from Jongin. I decided to inform him about Minsoon. Then, he called.

“So, is she okay?”

“She’s better. Thanks for calling.”

“What’s your intention by informing me about it?” he asked in a deep voice. “Do you need any financial help?”

“Jongin, I just wanted to inform you about my bestfriend. You said once that my bestfriend is your bestfriend too, right? I told you because I thought..” I choked. “I thought you were her bestfriend.”

“Huh,” he sighed. “I’ll hang up. Bye.”

            In the morning, Kyuhyun came again and brought some foods with him. We went to the canteen to eat the foods. He told me that I became skinnier each day.

“Really?” I asked him again.

“Yeah, look at you.” He showed a concerned face. “Eat a lot.”

“Thanks.” I smiled.

            He was so caring, I was impressed. I mean, I didn’t get it from Jongin who is the one who supposed to do this to me. I got it from Kyuhyun oppa.

“You’re a celebrity right?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Where do you know it?”

“I saw your face everywhere.” I chuckled. “Is being a celebrity that busy?”

“Yeah, sometimes, I can’t contact my family in a day because I’m so busy. I have 4-5 schedules in a day when we’re comeback. That’s the busiest state of a celebrity.”

“Oh, is that so?” I mumbled to myself.

            I realized one thing, I, maybe, can’t understand Jongin’s busy schedules yet. I bragged about him not contacting me. I bragged about how much he changed. Maybe, his new environment had changed him.

            The doctor finally allowed Minsoon to go home. We were so happy. I didn’t really like it being in the hospital. I cooked some special dishes for her as a celebration. I was so happy seeing her wide smile again.

            Two days later, Minsoon and I went to a fansigning event by EXO in COEX Mall. Such a huge mass inside. I saw him wearing a blue studded jacket. He was so gorgeous. He smiled, waved to the fans.

            After a long wait, finally, my turn. I passed my cd to him and called him.

“Jonginnie-ah.” I smiled to him and he looked up.

“Oh, you.” I handed him the cd but suddenly he looked startled. “Who gave you the bracelet? Where is this from?”

“What?” he grabbed my wrist and looked at it closely.

“Is that Kyuhyun hyung’s bracelet?” Baekhyun suddenly spoke.

“Why do you wear it? Why is it in you?” Jongin snapped.

“I…I..” Jongin stood up from his place and asked to his manager that he want to go to the restroom for a minute. He motioned me to follow him. He dragged me to a chamber and pushed me in.

“Are you hanging out with him? What are you doing?!” he snapped.

“No, I just… I found it, I found it on the floor when I was waiting for Minsoon outside the toilet. A guy dropped it next to me. I tried to call him and ran after him but it was no use. I didn’t know that it’s Kyuhyun oppa’s bracelet.” I looked down, frightened.

“Listen, you are MINE!” he emphasized the last word. “Don’t ever cheat on me!”

“Jonginnie-ah, trust me, I don’t cheat! What happened to you?”

“Shut up! Go away from here! If I ever see you again in the fanmeeting or in the fansigning, i’ll make you regret!” He walked out from the chamber and slammed the door right in front of my face.

“I’m sorry.” I wiped my tears as I walked after him. What has changed you? You never snapped and mistreated me like this before.

            I called his name many times but he didn’t turn back. I felt so frustrated. I called Minsoon to go to the restroom. After explaining, we went home. Minsoon tried to comfort me all day.

“They know the bracelet maybe because they often hang out together. You know, they are under the same management.” She reassured. “It’s better to call Kyuhyun.” I nodded and called him.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Kyuhyun-ssi, can we meet somewhere?”