Chapter 7: Luck Comes in Sevens

From Livid to Loyal

 

“No Jaejoong I promise he is just apologizing for biting you earlier. Really, Yunho isn’t mean like that for no reason. Honestly.” Jinki found himself looking up and talking to the distraught vampire who, like a cat chased up a tree, was sitting atop his mahogany wardrobe peering down fearfully at the black mass of fur that looked about as dangerous as a housefly right about now, with his posture being surprisingly submissive as his only way of apologizing. Yunho had given out the order to his pack to not harm the vampires under any circumstances, and yet he was the one who broke his own rule. He felt like for it, and could still smell the strong scent of blood in the room. There was a very weird base scent to it, and it offended his senses greatly, but he forced himself to ignore it since there was an obviously bigger issue at hand here. 

‘Jinki tell him I’m sorry. Get him to come down from there before he gets hurt.’

“I already did Yunho. Three times, he’s convinced that you’re out to get him.”

‘Then explain to him that it was an accident.’

“I did Yunho; did you not hear me just now?”

‘Well do something then!’ He barked, startling the vampire even further. Jinki sighed and fought the urge to roll his eyes.

“I’m trying to, but in all honesty you are making things worse by being here and talking. You need to remember that even though I know what you’re saying, to him it comes out as growling and aggressive sounds. You sound mean Yunho.” He sighed, pausing to look up at the terrified vampire before looking back at his alpha. “I know it’s a bit impossible and I have no actual right to ask this, but given the circumstances I think it’s only logical that I ask you to go lay down in a corner and be quiet so I can try to get him down. Can you do that for me Yunho?” The black wolf made a sound between a low rumbling growl and a whine; the canine equivalent to a sigh, and did as he was requested.  

Jinki thanked him and then turned his attention to Jaejoong. “Okay Jaejoong he’s far away from us now, will you please come down?”

“I want him out of my room. I will not come down until that beast is out of my room.”

Jinki sighed. “It was an accident, and he really wants to make amends. “

Jaejoong showed his bloody hand with the skin torn in more than a few places. “Do you know how hard it is to puncture vampire skin?! Do you have any idea?”

“Yes, I do, and the teeth of a werewolf are one of the things strong enough to rip it up. But Jaejoong it’s your fault you ended up that way.”

The vampire jumped a little at the sudden accusation. “What do you mean it was my fault? He’s the one who bit me.”

“Yes, but you’re the one who foolishly threw himself into a dominance battle between two very aggressive alpha males. I know that your intentions were more than likely innocent and good, but if you didn’t notice, no ne attempted to break them up or diffuse the situation. This is normal. It’s like the canine equivalent to an argument and it’s their way of showing off who the tougher one is. That’s how we handle things; violently. But no one was going to get debilitating injured from that little confrontation. Minho challenged Yunho and Yunho wasn’t going to back down. After you ran off, they ended up fighting anyways and as you can see Yunho is perfectly fine. He came to apologize for biting you because it was an accident, so please Jaejoong come down. I swear on my life you aren’t in any danger.”

The vampire looked unsure, but all doubt when out the window the minute his room door opened, revealing his blonde friend Junsu. “Su!” He yelled and bounded off the wardrobe towards his friend, immediately backtracking when he saw three of the wolves with him and hid behind Jinki.

Junsu sniffed the air and cocked his brow. “You still haven’t sealed your cuts?”

“No. I’m afraid to do it. What if I turn into a werewolf Su?” he said suddenly very panicked.

Junsu went over to his friend and pulled his hands towards him so he could see the damage. The top layer of was pulled back and missing in some places, exposing the meat beneath it. There were some punctures near his knuckles and  by his thumb on his right  palm. Junsu’s mouth moved around a bit and he opened his mouth, letting saliva drip and dangle off the tip of his tongue before it fell onto the exposed skin.

‘Jinki what the hell is he doing?!’ Yunho and Yoochun asked at the same time.

“Good question.” Jinki stated as he watched confused. “Junsu, what are you doing?”

He didn’t get a response, but the moment his saliva dripped onto the exposed flesh it began to sizzle like a water drop on a hot stovetop, repairing the skin it came in contact with.

“I’m fixing his wounds.” He managed to say even while his tongue hung out of his mouth.

The only problem with that was although the skin seemed to be healing at first, it shriveled up and turned black like burnt ash. “What the hell?” Junsu said in disbelief.

“Oh god, I knew it. I’m going to die aren’t I?” Jaejoong was on the verge of tears. Yunho stood up at the conversation, ears pricked forward in concern.

‘Is he? Is he really going to die because I bit him Jinki?’

“I have no idea.” It was a response to both of them.

“I highly doubt you’ll die… oh god. Taemin was bit too! We need to let Kibum know before Taemin freaks out that his wounds won’t heal.”

“What? Tae was bit? By who?” Jaejoong asked shocked.

“Minho. He went to go see if Minho was okay after Yunho and Jinki took off and he attacked him. Key kicked him for it though and last I saw recall, Minho was dragged off into the yard by your dad and Taemin was being taken to his room by Key.”

Jinki sighed and rubbed his temple. Suddenly he couldn’t wait for this day to be over. “Alright then, let’s get to Taemin’s room. I knew I should have stayed, but I needed to make sure Jaejoong was okay as well since Yunho can’t exactly speak to him.”

Junsu nodded in understanding before jogging off in the direction of Taemin’s room with the other wolves and vampire in tow.

'What's happening Jinki?' Changmin asked with a whine.

"I have no real idea Changmin. But from the looks of it, the vampires can help their wounds heal with their saliva, and Jaejoong's wounds that he got from Yunho don't want to heal. I don't know what it means, but I can already tell you that this isn't a good thing."

 

'Well who knows, something good might come out of this.' It was Jonghyun who butted into the conversation.

'What the hell are you going on about?' Yoochun asked.

'Mom always told me if help comes in sevens it’s usually a positive outcome. And there are seven of us… Just trying to give everyone a positive mood.'

 

-------------------

Posted: 5/22/2012

Hello everyone~ How do you like the story so far? I'm debating on doing a Minho focused chapter next or continuing this one... decisions decisions~ anyways! expect another update today :3 see you all soon~