Chapter 21: Barely Made It

From Livid to Loyal

 

Jinki was busy trying to calm down the panicked understudy after explaining the situation and why Yunho’s blood would be here in a small puddle while Minho continued to sniff around. There were prints and splatters of all kind in the snow so it would be a bit impossible to tell who was who and where they were going. Growling in frustration he turned to the whimpering wolf and snapped at him.

‘Enough of your whining Changmin! Instead of wasting your time about being upset contribute to the search. We’re supposed to be looking out there for Yoochun, Jonghyun and Yunho. Just because it’s his blood does not mean he is dead. He was in a fight. Therefore blood was bound to be spilt. For you to think that Yunho is incapable of getting injured is a ridiculous idolization. Pull yourself together and let’s move.

He then turned away from them and began to trot off down the street, alert to everything around him. Jinki and Changmin trailed behind him, Changmin a bit more than discouraged, but his instinct to obey and follow the authoritative figures in a group outweighed his personal feelings.

‘Why is he like this Jinki? Why is he even bothering to help out anyways? We aren’t of his pack, and he hates the vampires anyways.’

The omega made a pleasant face. ‘Whether Minho likes or dislikes anything has nothing to do with his instincts as an Alpha. Remember what Yunho and I told you Changmin? An alpha is maker of the rules and the one who has to make the tough big decisions as well as putting themselves in danger for those in the pack. To be a good Alpha, one must also exhibit control over their urges to lash out. Minho may not be the best alpha male material, but his instincts tell him he needs to protect when there is something threatening that is his. He may not want to admit it to anyone, and he may not even realize it yet, but Taemin may be the reason his need to protect would come out so suddenly, given that unlike Yunho, who is actually from our pack and openly cares for Jaejoong and the others, he has no ties, and hasn’t willingly tried to bond or make the best of the situation.’ Jinki paused and followed Minho around a corner and into a body littered street which made the hairs on his neck stand on end, Changmin whimpered audibly and froze. Minho heard the youngest and turned to face him.

 ‘If this bothers you now then I suggest you find your way back to the manor with the others. This is not the place for anyone to freeze up around death or the possibilities that come with it. If you follow Jinki and I, you will have to fight.’ He turned back around and slowly made his way down the streets, maneuvering over the corpses, some of which were half eaten. The smell was strong, but he wouldn’t allow himself to focus on the scents that surrounded him. Not when he had a job to do. He was walking slowly on purpose because he heard noises at the end of the narrow street. He wasn’t sure if it was the distant sound of fighting, or if it was Yoochun, or even a terrified vampire. The fact that he didn’t know was the reason why he wasn’t going to blindly charge through. As it turned out though, he didn’t need to. He saw Yunho, Jonghyun and Yoochun bounding down the path like a bat out of hell and they all collided with one another. Tumbling and tangling into a huge mess of fur, fangs and claws.

‘Yunho?! What the hell is going on?’ Minho snarled.

Yoochun answered quickly. ‘Move your asses now! Lion, Elephant, Bull, and Bear.’

‘Twenty-five feet away and closing in at an alarming rate.’ Yunho said and he wasted no time in moving from underneath everyone to lead the pack away from the animals that were coming after them.

‘Everyone is already at the Manor Yunho, I’ll lead.’ Minho said quickly, the urge to state his dominance strong, and he took off ahead of everyone. Yunho growled at him but decided if he already knew the way there so well he would allow him to, since the lives in his hands were more precious to him than his pride, not to mention he was already injured from that black bear he encountered.

‘Alright, come on everyone we need to move. Now!’ he snarled in urgency as the loud rumbling of footsteps and growls could be heard from close behind.

Without a second thought, everyone took off after Minho, Yunho let everyone go in front of him, just in case something happened and he needed to buy them time. That almost happened as they ran; Yunho was turning around a sharp corner and he could feel claws of the lion dig into his rump, and drag across his lower back as it skidded and crashed into the building in front of it because it was moving too fast to try and stop itself or do anything else.  Yunho spun and tumbled a few times landings sprawled out on his belly, hot white pain flashing across his vision. He snarled angrily in pain as he got up, shoved the agony into the back of his mind and ran to watch up with the others. The elephant was his biggest worry, but luckily was actually too big to fit through some of the paths they took, giving them a greater lead from the creatures since with the elephant blocking the path, the others needed to take the next street way to try and catch them. The wolves were ecstatic that they had made it to the manor with the creatures nowhere in sight; the only problem was there was a trail of blood that would lead them straight to where they were from Yunho’s injuries. Jinki shifted quickly and shakily asked for entrance, that they found the three missing males and they could all leave, before shifting back into his panting wolf form. The door opened and everyone rushed inside. With the exception of Yunho, who was still by the steps, his hackles and tail raised. Moments later he high-tailed it inside.

‘Jinki! Shift right now! Tell them there is a huge ing elephant charging its way up the hill right now’ He snarled, ignoring the shaking in his hind legs and the freaked out cries from Jaejoong and some of the other vampires. Jinki did as he was told, and even in the serious panic in his voice,  he covered himself.

“Yunho says they’re coming up this way with every intention of breaking down the door! We need to move now!” And he shifted back. Suddenly there was panic buzzing throughout the room and although there were twenty people above ground including the fledglings, it was still too many people that this already battered and miniscule clan could not afford to lose. Jaejoong’s father shut and locked the large old fashioned doors with a huge piece of solid timber that went into metal slots to keep the door shut, before ushering everyone into the dining room in the back In there was a lifted carpet that revealed an open trapdoor leading into the passageway. Before the last vampires were down and the door dropped shut, being concealed under the carpet again, the loud sound of splintering wood was heard and then the boom of the heavy doors crashing to the ground.

 

------------

Posted: 6/3/2012

Chapter written in less than 20 minutes in my last minute effort to try and succeed at getting a chapter up before the midnight mark and I MADE IT WOOT. I HOPE ITS GOOD. IT WASNT PROOFREAD. NO TIME. HOPE YOU LIKE IT. OPINIONS. KAY? THANKS! MUST POST NOW <3 SEE YOU ALL SOON! Also the title is so fitting for my last minute rush XD