Chapter 32: Snow Tracks and a Missing Fledgling

From Livid to Loyal

 

 

After the dinner fiasco in the feeding pen, Junsu met up with the wolves inside the school to pick them up. There was a frown on his face as he glanced about.

“He’s still not here?”

‘Who is he talking about?’ Changmin whined with a tilt of his head.

Minho knew. It only made sense. Jaejoong would be with Yunho. Kibum would be with Jonghyun. He was here for Junsu...so that meant...

‘He’s talking about Taemin.’ He snorted, nudging at Junsu and whining like Changmin, head tilt and all as he waited for confirmation.

Junsu didn’t speak wolf, but he had spent the most time around them observing and the blond seemed to catch on fairly quickly to body language and vocals.  “Taemin isn’t back yet... he said he wasn’t feeling good but that was over an hour ago, and he isn’t in the room.” The fledgling sighed and rand his fingers through his hair. “ Now I’m getting worried. Jae and I just thought he was having a bad case of nervousness and wanted to go calm down or something... Hey! Minho wait! You can’t go off on your own!” Junsu shouted, but Minho was having none of it. If they couldn’t find Taemin, or something happened to him he would be stuck in the room all day and lose his freedom to boss Taemin around and let him wander outside. It was already bad enough that he had to play babysitter with the fledgling, but being limited to the confinements of a room for most of the day and not being able to be in a two-legged form because of the stupid collar, he knew he needed to find Taemin.

“So you guys are just going to stand here and let him go?” Junsu asked in exasperation as he stared at the three who just sat there, looking off at the direction he ran in.

‘He’s going after his master. It’s none of our business to try and stop him.’ Yoochun said and started walking to the direction of the dorms. the other two followed and Junsu just shook his head and sighed.

“I hope you three know what you’re doing...”

~

There were so many scents in the halls. It was too much to sift through and there were a few times where Minho thought he picked up the vampires scent trail, but there were people who patrolled the hallways and  they tried to catch him, throwing him off the trail altogether and helping in getting him lost. This frustrated the male werewolf beyond belief and in his attempt to see if Taemin ended up in the area he was in, he managed to make his way outside. The world seemed to be in a hushed state of quietness with snow falling down in a calm and heavy blanket of white. A chill went down Minho’s spine from the cold temperature and the eerie and deafening silence that  met him. He wondered if Taemin had walked this way, maybe stepping out to get fresh air, and he noticed faint tracks on the snow covered ground. He had to strain to see them past the thick mesh of flakes that were obscuring his vision and kept his head close to the ground. He couldn’t quite make them out, but after a moment or so of following them, he realized something odd. Taemin was gone for over an hour and with the way the snow was falling, those tracks, if they were his, would already be long covered up. So if these weren’t Taemin’s then who did they belong to?

Now that he looked at them, they didn’t exactly seem human. In fact they seemed like wolf paws, a bit smaller than his. This piqued the males curiosity and he wondered if maybe it was Yunho or possibly Jonghyun...whoever it was, was out here by themselves, was out here recently and they didn’t have a human with them. Minho looked up to see a dilapidated and worse for wear cathedral that seemed to be missing its roof, some parts of the walls and had an unhinged door. The tracks, he bet himself, led to that cathedral, and being that he was curious, he decided there was no harm in looking so he made his way over, cautiously of course. Another chill went through him when he peeked inside; it seemed colder inside here than it did outside. For such a prestige place, they sure have let this place go... He muttered in his mind as he took a step further inside. There were stained glass depictions of religious scenes and figures, some of which were missing panes, or pretty much all of their glass entirely. He sniffed inside but couldn’t really smell anything. Creeping in quietly, he nearly missed it, the white figure laying in the snow near the pews. Well... it seemed to be covered in the snow, but its fur was white...was it dead? How long had it been out here. Minho got closer to try and find out these things, someone’s wolf was out here in the snow and was possibly dead.

‘Hey... Hey are you alright?’ he asked with a snort.

The minute he spoke, the mass of fur stood up and shook off all the snow from its body, startling Minho and making him take a step back. It was definitely a wolf, that much he knew. But the minute it turned around he saw the pale pink nose and piercing red eyes he felt his blood run cold, and without being able to help himself, he launched himself forward with a menacing snarl, knocking the white wolf onto its back. He snapped at the white wolf that tried snapping back and pushing him off, but Minho stood his ground and all but roared.

“Where the hell is Taemin you worthless piece of scum? What did you do to him?!”

 

--------------------

Posted: 10/29/2012

Wow....it's been a long time hasn't it? x_x I am so sorry that..it's been MONTHS since I've last updated, but College has me swamped. I have been working on other things when I can, but 5 more weeks and I'm FREE. That means for at least a month I should be able to update regularly, and I will try to get as much done as I can. I apologize for the wait T.T Am I forgiven? ;A; Hope so... See you all in the next update~