Chapter 10: In Ten Days Time

From Livid to Loyal

 

That night it was cold, and there were snow flurries blowing about, Minho slept in a curled ball, trying to wait out the storm, but he heard voices in the snow. His head shot up, uncovering most of his snow caked form as he did so and he looked around, his vision aided by the bright orange light atop the beam he was chained to. At first the snow fall was too hard to see through, but soon Red eyes met him again. His heart began to race and without a second thought he lunged at them, causing a small white rabbit to hop away out of his each.

‘So it’s been you that has been bothering me? A small insignificant snack?’ He scoffed at the realization that all this fuzz in his mind was over a mischievous little rabbit.

I would watch my tone if I were you. The only one here that’s insignificant is you.’ It spoke.

Something slowly began to dawn on Minho. ‘Wait. If you’re a rabbit, how can you understand me when I speak? Only werewolves have the ability to understand one another.’  There was a cloud of unease that hung over him, and he felt his fur stand on end.

‘Well don’t you catch on quick? You may be an impetuous, bullheaded and arrogant creature, but you catch on quick.’  And suddenly Minho found himself looking face to face with a pure white, red eyed and pink nosed wolf. He pulled his lips back in a growl, and backed away as the creature approached him.

‘What the hell? What are you? Who are you?’ His ears pressed back against his skull and snarled as a warning. He was happy Taemin didn’t attempt to put the muzzle back on; otherwise he wouldn’t be able to defend himself in case things turned ugly.

‘So many questions. Too bad I’m not here to give you answers. I’m here to offer you freedom. Not yet though, but soon. You have something I want. But in order for this… transaction to work out, I need you alive. You’re the only one who would consider it. But let me bring to light your situation as it stands now. The adult vampire that dragged you out here? He intends on ending your life in exactly ten days if your attitude does not change. If you think I’m joking then here is some food for thought.’ And with a swipe of the wolfs paw the head of a wolf, eyes glazed over and tongue hanging out of its mouth was exposed, rolling towards Minho. The wolf yelped and scurried backwards in response to seeing it, and he recognized the face to in fact be his brothers. His heart stopped.

Jaehyun?’ He whined softly, his attention being diverted to the white wolf who stepped over the head, pushing it back with its white clawed forepaw, burying it into the snow again to hide it from Minho’s view.

‘As you can probably already tell, I was telling you the truth when I said the meat you were eating was your brother. Your own flesh and blood Minho.’ Immediately after hearing that, the wolf began to regurgitate, expelling every bit of food he had consumed, much to the white ones amusement. ‘And the vampire who was kind enough to bring it out to feed you? He knew about it to. He did it on purpose.’  The white wolf bared its teeth in a wolfish smile before continuing. ‘But if you want revenge, you can get it. You just have to do exactly as I tell you, and wait till your probation period is over. Play nice, get along with the other wolves and show the adult vampires that your life deserves to be spared. Fool them all. Once the boy trusts you enough, and you two are away from the safety of his clan, and his friends. Then and only then, can you get the revenge you desire. Otherwise, you will die like the dog they treat you as.’

Minho’s mind was swirling with thoughts and emotions. As he finished up-chucking his meal, he turned to look at the white wolf, but found himself alone once again. Frantically he searched the snow where it was standing moments before, but there was no sign of it, or the head that rolled towards him moments earlier. He thought he was hallucinating because of the cold, but just as that thought crossed his mind, he heard the voice over the wind and snow that sent chills down his spine in a way that the winter cold couldn’t.

‘Do as I ask of you and you will have your revenge and your freedom, otherwise your days are limited. Remember the trade. You have something I want. You all have something I want.’

 

------------------

Posted: 5/25/2012

Sorry that this chapter is so short =.= Really  I am, but i think the content should make up for that~ At least I think it should. Anyways a few things:

The 20th subscriber to the story never got back to me SO.  This is just going to be a free for all~ Send me a message telling me that you want to have a cameo appearance in the story. Tell me if you want to be a wolf or a vampire. You don't have to use YOURSELF persay, you can just make up a character. 

Name:

Age:

Gender:

Race: 

and photos are always a plus, and I'll just decide which one I use. I'm thinking of definitely using 3 though. And I'll make a decision in on the first of june? sound fair? I hope so. Also MY 20TH BIRTHDAY IS IN 4 DAYS! /alltheexcitement. Haha did most of you know I was 19? Or did you think I was older or younger? Either way, On the 29th, don't expect updates =.=' Apologies ahead of time XD but enough of the rambling. SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEXT UPDATE!