Chapter 1: There is Always One

From Livid to Loyal

 

“Get in the truck already damnit! Stupid ing mutt.” Snarling could be heard as a few men struggled to tug a furious brown, black and tan mass of fur, claws and fangs up into the back of a moving truck. Inside five others sat inside, two on one side, and three on the other, harnessed up and quiet, waiting for their journey to begin. The black canine with piercing gray eyes stared at the rebellious one and snorted, lying down.

‘There is always one. There will always be the one idiot who has to make things harder on himself.’

‘I bet you he gets muzzled for the ride. I bet you my rations for the ride that he gets the muzzle.’ A rich gray, tan and white wolf with patches of gold scattered throughout his body said with a wag of his tail, staring at the other with his playful amber gaze.

‘Yoochun I wouldn’t even make that bet because I know you would already win.’ The black one snorted.

‘Oh come on Yunho. I should have asked Changmin or Jinki, at least they would have been dumb enough to bet their food.’

‘Hey!’ A light faded brown, tan and white wolf with chocolate eyes yapped. ‘I would not.’

‘You’re right Changmin. I forget how you are when it comes to food. As big as you are for your age, there is no way you’d bet it. Then maybe you Jinki?’

The fluffy black cream and white wolf with hazel eyes immediately cut him off. ‘It’s chicken Yoochun. You must be stupid.’

Yoochun huffed and laid down. ‘Not even you Jonghyun?’

‘The fact that they have yet to even drag him up into the truck makes this bet a dumb idea to even get involved in. Count me out.’ The golden eyed wolf with light gray, tan and white responded while looking at the three men still trying to tug the bullheaded wolf inside.

‘He’s got eyes like Yunho. You think they’re related?’ Changmin asked.

‘Not even funny. He obviously has no real basic training. My family at least has common sense enough to know that if you cooperate you ride comfortable. Oh look, they’re putting the leg bindings on him. I rest my case. Chances of us being related? Slim to absolutely none.’

After binding his legs, the three men dragged him into the truck and attached him to the harness supports before quickly muzzling him, and pulling tight on the straps to make sure he wouldn’t really be able to open his mouth too much. This meant he wouldn’t be able to eat or drink until they got to their destination. One the door was shut and locked Yoochun turned his attention to the wolf next to him.

‘So. What’s your name?’

There was a chorus of groaning at the sheer stupidity to his question.

‘Did you forget he had a muzzle on?’ Changmin jeered. Yoochun stared at the wolf directly across from him and back to the one bound on the floor next to him.

‘Oh yeah. I forgot.’

‘Of course you did.’ Yunho said flatly with a yawn, purposely flashing his sharp teeth so the newcomer could see them.

‘Well I think it would be nice to introduce you to your new pack then.’ It was Jinki who spoke, and the brown wolf with a black face tilted his head to look at the wolf directly in front of him.

‘The dense one next to you is Yoochun. I’m Jinki. The wolf next to me is Jonghyun, and the one next to him is Changmin. Last but not least, the one across from Changmin and next to Yoochun is Yunho.’ In response to Jinki’s words the stranger growled menacingly.

‘Well aren’t you the charmer.’ Jinki said with a sigh.

‘I’ve never seen him around before, so he’s obviously not from our pack, but with the way he’s acting. He’s probably one of the wild ones. Don’t say anything if you are. Are you from a pack? If so, growl. If you are one of the wild ones, stay silent.’  There was silence from everyone. ‘Just as I thought. He really does have no home training then.’ Yunho put his head down on his large paws at this, speaking nonchalantly as if he knew it all along. That last comment made the growling start again.

‘Catch up on sleep you guys, who knows how busy we will be once we get there.’ Yunho’s eyes shut almost immediately after and the others grunted in agreement. It would be three days before they made it to clan’s compound. It was this bit of knowledge that made Yunho speak to the new comer. ‘And you. I suggest you do your best to be on your best behavior if you want to eat, drink and have them remove the restraints. Otherwise it’s going to be a very long three days.’ And with that he fell into a slumber, along with the other four, leaving the stranger alone to his thoughts.

You think you know everything don’t you? You pompous son of a . You have no idea where I come from. I don’t even know you, and you expect me to be an obedient little like the rest of your buddies here and answer whatever questions you ask? Yunho you are nothing but an oversized lap dog, who along with every other wolf that willingly goes along with this, is decimating the pride of who we are, and who our ancestors were. I strongly suggest that you make it your business to never order me around like you own me again, because I belong to no one. And once this muzzle is off, and I am free from these bindings, I will make it my business to tell you this and rip your throat out if there is a problem with anything I have to say. He growled again lowly, eventually succumbing to sleep as well after some time of staring at the walls and being unable to move.

You have no idea…