Chapter 19: Deception

From Livid to Loyal

 

Minho didn’t know how long he was running, but as they came across more bodies littering the roads, he began to wonder why the vampires didn’t fight back, hide or use their abilities. They just seemed to run around like chickens with their heads cut off and waited to die. He pushed the thought back into his mind and focused at the task at hand, eventually making his way to the complex with the three vampires unscathed. Before they could bound up the stairs to get there, the red eyed white creature with a pink nose and translucent claws seemed to materialize out of nowhere, blocking their path in its wolf form.

‘Hello nuisance.’The wolf said with hints of venom in its words, but a calm gaze on its face.

‘You. Step aside.’ Minho snarled ominously.

The blood stained wolf approached them slowly, deliberately, stopping to take a drink from a puddle of blood before continuing frontward towards the male werewolf and the three vampires. Blood drops dangled from its chin and Minho noticed there was a bloody handprint of a small child left on its right side and the thoughts that flew through his mind made his hackles rise in anger. Blood was splattered and patched everywhere on the creature, and the scent flooded Minho’s nostrils with its offending odors that were of death, fear and vampire.

‘My battles are not with you or your pack. Don’t make this mistake Minho.’

‘Well guess what, my battle is with you if you don’t get the out of my way. These vampires are mine to kill when I see fit and I won’t have you or any of your friends taking that from me.’

‘Minho…give me the vampires and I will let you leave this place unharmed. Otherwise prepare to…die.’ The last part was said with a wicked and short snarl which made the wolf look like it was smiling in a devilish way.

Minho looked back at the three; Jaejoong and Taemin were hiding behind Kibum, who actually seemed a bit nervous for some reason even with his arms outstretched in a protective stance. He locked eyes with the vampire for a moment, and squinted, attempting to tell him to run into the manor while he dealt with this thing. When Kibum didn’t seem to get it, he looked over to the house and back to him. Realization filled the vampires eyes for a moment and he gave Minho the slightest nod.

‘Have you made your decision Minho?’It asked calmly.

Minho broke eye contact with the vampires and focused on the white wolf in front of him once more.

‘I’ve decided to let you have them. My life is worth far more than some pathetic vampires.’ He said and stepped aside, letting the white wolf have a clear path towards them. He heard gasps and then he heard Taemin cry out to him.

“M-Minho what are you doing?!” He hollered, obviously terrified for his life and feeling betrayed that Minho just stepped aside.

‘Wise choice wolf.’It said as it made its way casually towards the three frozen Fledglings.

Minho looked as the wolf walked past him soon finding himself meeting Taemin’s fear-filled dark eyes, pleading with his bright gray ones. Tears were getting ready to spill. He knew that being they were sheltered young fledglings, they wouldn’t really know how to hold their own in a fight with this thing, and wondered if the other fallen vampires were just like them. Living behind four tall walls, away from everyone else for twenty years might do that to you.

Before Minho could get distracted, he waited, waited for the wolf to move a little closer, and when it did, he sprang forth, tackling it from behind, pinning the smaller animal beneath him, and sinking its teeth into the scruff of its neck, extracting a pain filled yelp from it.

‘You bastard!’the creature hissed as it tried to struggle free from Minho’s grip. The vampires jumped back, screaming in shock, but Kibum took that opportunity of surprise to yank the twosome towards the stairs, and bolting up towards the manor before the white wolf could even realize that they had moved.

Minho kept it pinned and let it thrash about, causing it to rip its own skin in an attempt to free itself.

‘I will make you pay dearly for your insolence beast!’It roared and soon, Minho found himself sprawled out on top of the back of a pissed white bear, which bucked hard, flinging the werewolf off, but not before Minho found himself tearing a decent amount of skin off in the process, making the livid creature roar in agony. The black and brown male tumbled about for a bit before standing a bit disoriented.  A foul and bitter taste filled his mouth and he spat out the hearty chunk of flesh and fur he yanked off and curled his lips.

 ‘You taste like absolute .’

The bear charged at him, letting out some sort of war cry, and Minho realized almost too late that he had called for backup, and the black bear that was with it earlier was charging towards him from behind.

‘!’ He growled and maneuvered out of the way before the two animals collided with one another, only to find his tail to be pinned between them. He yanked hard and freed himself, feeling his fur pull out at the tip and making him whine softly at the stinging pain it left behind. Too much pain for it to just be hairs pulled out, but he ignored the throbbing in his tail to focus on buying the vampires time to get some sort of reinforcements or something, but he knew he still needed to talk to the Omega and explain everything as quickly as he could so the vampires could understand the ing zoo wasn’t let loose in town and that it was much more serious than that. Then, he got an idea.

‘Come on you bunch of slow fat idiots. I know you can do better than that. I don’t see how you managed to kill all those vampires when you’re so slow and unorganized.’ He laughed and laughed hard at them to spite the twosome, wanting them to chase after him, and when they did, he took off, leading them away from the manor. It wasn’t exactly to just lure them away from the vampires. He was also trying to find the two missing wolves in the process, taking the blood thirsty bears through as many roads as he could along the way. If he managed to find where they were trapped or held he would tell Jinki and then they could get some vampires to seek them out and save them. The idea seemed fine, the bears were chasing after him and he knew it was almost foolproof.

Until he nearly crashed headlong into Junsu.

 

------------

Posted: 6/1/2012

Here is the chapter~ Hope you like it, and I am glad you all like the doodle I did for the image =D Would you like if I did more chapters like this from time to time? With some teaser art from a specific scene? Let me know what you guys think :3 I may be updating again, but we will see what happens. See you all soon~