Chapter 16: Double Teamed

From Livid to Loyal

 

Yoochun was nervous. Nervous about everything. He kept growling to warn people away, but there was no use, they were getting blood rations, and the area itself was always crowded.

‘Relax Yoochun. No one is going to come out and kidnap you. Look at how scared everyone is of us. There is no way anyone would try to do anything to you. And I’m pretty sure even Junsu would make sure no one would touch you.’

The beta sighed at the understudy. ‘It’s not really that that I’m worried about Changmin. It’s having anyone around me that I don’t know regardless of their intentions. I don’t like being around people I don’t know because you can never know their true intentions.’ Junsu heard the two grumbling and conversing to one another in their native tongue and he his wolf’s fur with his black polished hand, from his head and down his spine which seemed to put him at ease. When they made their way to the blood bank a small child maneuvered towards the wolves, interested in the furry creatures before him that reminded him of his teddy bears at home and the small black bunny in his hands. Changmin wagged his tail, and got in front of Yoochun to block the child from the skittish male.

‘Thanks Changmin.’ Yoochun said as he pushed himself up against Junsu’s leg and sat down.

The child was then snatched away by a taller male vampire immediately. “Geunnie stay away from them. You don’t know if any of them are Therians”.

In the haste of him trying to get the child away from the wolves, he didn’t notice that the reason the child was flailing and crying was because the small black bunny was left in the snow.  Its head popped up out of the snow and sniffed about, its eyes were white entirely white, making Changmin believe it was blind. Feeling bad about it, he moved over the small creature and before he could move to pick it up in its teeth it spoke to him.

‘Excuse me. Could you help me get back to my owner please? I know a shortcut to their house. If you could just leave me by their door step I would be much obliged.’The voice was small and soft, making Changmin’s protective instinct take over.

‘Of course I can.’ He said with a whine and picked up the rabbit by the scruff of his neck.

‘We’re at the blood bank right?’

‘Yes that’s right.’

‘Okay good. Now you see that road to your right? Take it. When you get to the first alleyway on your left, turn into it and keep walking straight.’

Changmin did as he was requested and moved through the crowd. By the time Yoochun even realized it, Changmin was already gone.

‘Oh where the hell did this little troublemaker run off to?’

‘Are you looking for your friend?’

He looked down to see a white rabbit with red eyes and a pink nose looking up at him.

‘Yes actually do you know which way he wandered off to? This way Junsu and I can go find him before he gets lost?’

‘Actually yes. Yes I do. How about you come with me then? It’s not too far. Your master won’t even notice that you’re gone to look for him. You don’t need him freaking our right?’

Yoochun thought about this and looked around with unease. ‘Yeah but it’s kind of crowded here.’

‘Well where your wolf friend wandered off to has no people there so you should be fine. Plus what if the other vampires do something to him?’

Yoochun’s heart was beating rapidly, and his mind was in a panic. So much in fact that the minute he heard that there would be no people, he felt that it would be a big relief to be away from the noisy crowd. Then there was the fact that Changmin could be in danger on his own, so he nodded his head and followed. It was his unease that made him unable to spot the contradiction in the rabbit’s words, and he followed the hopping mass of fur into an empty pathway like he said it would be.

‘Dumb kid probably smelled food somewhere and went to go steal some for himself or something.’

 

----------------

Posted: 5/30/2012

Here is update three of four for the day everyone I hope you're enjoying the story thus far, Sorry that this is such a short chapter.