Chapter 28: Getting settled

From Livid to Loyal

 

Jonghyun had been waiting patiently, anxiously and excitedly for Kibum to come back to the room. He wanted this collar off and knew his master would yank the damned thing off, he already knew this. So what the hell was taking him so long? Okay so maybe he was a little impatient, but after that conversation he had with that werewolf nurse, why wouldn’t he be?

‘And here I thought what I did was wrong, and strange; that the vampire did something to make me covet him.’ He laughed to himself as he thought who would be the next one to develop an attraction to their master. He trusted what the female had to say since she seemed to single him out fairly easily without any real indication. And yet he still wondered how she managed to do that, but when she said Jinki and maybe even Changmin were the only ones who wouldn’t end up…attracted to the same he began to wonder again if it was something about the vampires that made this happen. Was there a special genetic in a talent bound fledgling that made them attractive to the same ? He didn’t know and honestly at this point he didn’t care.

Jonghyun thought back to how it all started and his heart began to pound against his chest. The only reason he even ended up having with Kibum was because Kibum thought the collar clashed with his fur color and that an earthy brown would suit him better. Jonghyun had then shifted not thinking about how Kibum would have reacted to seeing his form until he was already standing on two feet. Needless to say, the question of Kibum’s uality that had sometimes plagued his mind was answered that day.

At first Jonghyun was absolutely repulsed at the sudden and intense advances brought on by the other younger male, but ‘Kim Kibum always gets his way.’  He chuckled to himself as he remembered the dark haired vampire whispering that into his ear, and that day he did. Jonghyun knew it had much to do with werewolves being gluttons for , and Jonghyun’s drive was no exception. However unlike previous casual endeavors, Jonghyun felt some sort of attachment to the fledgling and it had turned him into a bit of a moody, possessive and attention hungry pup. He wagged his tail at the thought of making Kibum pay dearly for his arrogant defiance towards him, and growled in frustration at how long he was taking to get in the room already.

‘You better not be flirting with anyone Kibum.’ He huffed and curled up on the rug, waiting by the door.

Meanwhile few rooms down, Jaejoong was stepping inside his room since he was really worried about Yunho. He did have some questions for his homeroom teacher, but figured there would always be another time to ask, after her talk about what wounds from Therians could do to fledglings, he was worried about what it could do to werewolves. He was happy his friends were all on the same floor and in the same hall which meant that even if they had different classes, they could see each other at the end of the school day at least.

“Yunho?” He said softly as he stepped into the room.

“Hey Jae, how did everything go?” Yunho said as he sat up on the bed, which much to Jaejoong’s confusion was a queen sized bed.

Why do they require such big beds for only one student?  He asked himself before approaching the bandaged male. “Everything went fine; I left a little early actually.” He said scratching the back of his head with a blush. “I wanted to see if you were okay, and my homeroom teacher let me go. How are you feeling?” He asked with a tilt of his head.

“Much better actually, they gave me a few shots to prevent infection, and the stinging completely stopped afterwards. However, they said I can’t leave the room till the wounds all shut.”

“Why is that?” Jaejoong asked raising his brow at the odd statement.

“The wolves aren’t allowed to leave the room unless in their wolf form. Since I am not allowed to shift yet I can’t leave the room at all.” He sighed already getting a slight case of cabin fever.

“I’ll stay here with you for as long as possible then and even bring everyone else over so you aren’t bored or lonely.” Jaejoong grinned.

“That’s sweet of you Jae.” Yunho flashed him a smile and Jaejoong could feel his heart racing. It’s so unfair that you’re this attractive. I mean I already know that… His thoughts paused and he made a slight face. I already know… but they didn’t mean our of our species right? And regardless, You look like you’d be unaccepting. He sighed audibly on accident, and Yunho’s face morphed into one with concern.

“Is everything alright Jaejoong?”

He quickly nodded and smiled again. “It’s just been a long day is all…”

“It has… actually can I trouble you for a favor Jaejoong?”

His face lit up slightly, Jaejoong loved to help out when he could. “Yes what is it? Anything if it helps?”

Yunho laughed at how adorable and eager he was. “Well…” He made a slightly embarrassed face. “I kind of need your help to take a shower. You see I can’t get the bandages wet so I’ll need you to help me wipe down.”

A loud thumping flooded Jaejoong’s ears and he didn’t realize right away that it was his heartbeat. He felt very lightheaded and dizzy. Inhaling deeply he gulped before responding. “Y-you mean like a sponge bath?”

“Yeah, kinda…so if it’s not too much to ask… will you help me out?”

No.“Yes. Sure of course. I don’t mind it.” Yes the hell you do Kim Jaejoong. You do know that means He’s going to be fully right?

“Great thanks.” Yunho gave him a genuine smile that made Jaejoong’s already weak stomach turn. He knew there was a bathroom and shower, but he didn’t expect to ever be helping Yunho shower.

Maybe I’ll faint and hit my head hard on something so I can forget this is even going to happen.He whimpered lowly and followed the tall male into the bathroom.

Oh Yunho. It’s not necessary to strip in front of me. You don’t have any cuts on your muscled thighs from what I can see. Oh heaven help me if he turns around… and he’s turning around. .

And was the last thought Jaejoong had before he plummeted to the floor, landing with a loud startling Yunho.

~

Minho was curled up on the bed trying to doze off. He knew that Taemin wouldn’t have a problem with it. He would be too scared to have a problem with it. Hell if Minho wanted he could make Taemin sleep on the floor. While at first the thought pleased him, part of him was bothered that he even thought that way.

‘Oh so now I’m developing a conscience?’ He huffed to himself. Well you were tricked into almost killing the boy. He sighed. He could still kill off Taemin, now that he knew that they would be alone together. Suddenly something clicked in his head and he sat up, his ears pricked forward and alert. ‘Wait a minute… How did… How did the Therian know I would be dorming alone with Taemin?’ Chills ran down his spine and he thought it would be best to not think too much into that thought, since he was obviously deceived by the creatures, and that may have been the reason he was suddenly fond of the skittish fledgling, even if it was minimal fondness.

Minho reflected on his earlier actions, and was definitely confused. While he didn’t feel any connection or good feelings for and towards the wolves and vampires he felt that it was necessary to protect them. It didn’t make much sense to him though; he could have just left them to their fate since none of it bothered him. As the Therian had said, the quarrel wasn’t with him or the other wolves initially. It was the vampires. The wolves only were added to the list of problems if they stuck their noses in it. He could have left, but he didn’t and instead risked his life for the bloodsuckers he resented and made the -list for some powerful looking creatures. Talk about dumb decisions.

‘I’m such an idiot.’ He sighed, not daring to try and think about what specifically made him an idiot and shut his eyes to fall into a swift slumber. His ear twitched at a soft and distant sound coming from down the hall, but he easily tuned it out.

It was Yoochun, whining and pawing at the door complaining about being hungry and having to pee.

‘Oh come on someone let me out or I am going to redecorate the carpeting with a custom Yoochun design. I’m ing hungry damnit.’ The male werewolf whined. He heard Jinki bark at him from the room next door.

‘Just use the damned toilet Yoochun. It’s not that hard.’

‘ did you forget I can’t shift like you can?’

Jinki sighed and got up from the bed he and Changmin were sharing, the understudy was busy laughing hysterically.

‘You’re in human form want to help him out over there? Changmin?’

He lifted his head and nodded, still laughing. “Sure, why not. But it’s so funny, here I thought I was the whiner of the group.” He got up off the bed and made his way to the door.

‘Make it quick, remember you’re .’

“Oh yeah that’s right.” He said, paying mind to his form and quickly made his way over to Yoochun’s room, and undoing the collar quickly and carefully, since he couldn’t remove the silver core with his bare hands and Yoochun wasted no time in shifting on his way to the bathroom. Once he started to relieve his bladder of its stress he started singing. Loudly, sending Changmin into hysterics.

“Don’t be jealous of my fabulous singing voice boy.”

“Oh don’t worry, there’s no possibility there.” The understudy chuckled.

“Whatever man.” He said as he finished, flushed and washed his hands before coming back out as a wolf again. ‘Alright put it back on and get the out before I decide to eat your .’

Changmin smirked. “I knew you swung that way. Jinki did you hear?! Yoochun likes to eat !”

The male werewolf growled and snapped at the understudy. ‘I will neuter you right now Changmin, keep it up.’

‘I always had the suspicion he did by the way he ate watermelon.’ Jinki said, teasing him.

Yoochun snarled and turned to face the wall that he heard Jinki speak from behind. ‘Oh screw you Jinki!’

Changmin took that opportunity to quickly collar the male and leave before he turned his aggression on him, running back into the room snickering.

“High five for that one Jinki.” He chuckled lifting his hand, and Jinki completed the gesture by raising his paw to Changmins large hand.

Yoochun huffed and began to pace. ‘Where the hell is Junsu? I’m hungry.” He whined.

~

The three fledglings were being led around by the ice blue eyed female vampire to gather their books, and uniforms which wouldn’t be used until after probation period was over anyways, but Kyra insisted that it was good to have ahead of time. They were also led on a bit of a tour of the Freshman building which was built specifically for the first years only to ensure their initial safety. The only time all four years met was during the breakfast, lunch and dinner hours, and school events. Kibum asked most of the questions since he was the most extroverted of the group, Junsu was busy making observations and taking in everything, and Taemin was making mental notes on where things were from the bathrooms to the exits, he wanted to be ready for anything.

“So what about clothes, hair and shoes? You know all the important things to separate you from everyone else? “

“I’m glad you asked that Kibum.” Kyra said with a smile. “You can purchase things based on a point system. Want a manicure? 1600 points. Want to get your hair styled and dyed? 4800 points. You accumulate points every week based on how you do in your classes and extra curriculars. You have to get your point’s card from me if you want to spend them on things. And rest assured we have an entire building dedicated to forms of entertainment across the lake in the back. You can only access it on weekends, and the small breaks we have twice a year.”

“What about the wolves?” Kibum asked.

“You spend for them at your own expense.” Kyra responded. “although, they aren’t allowed to wander around outside of the rooms in their human form, unless in designated area that allow them.” Kyra looked up at one of the clocks on the wall and sighed softly. “You all should get ready for dinner. Dinner bell goes off at six. That gives you fifteen minutes to get settled for a bit, check out your surroundings in your dorms and meet in the dining hall. You remember how to get there right?”

They all nodded.

“Well I’m skipping out on dinner.” Kibum said affirmatively.

“What is it your majesty? Can’t stomach eating with the common folk?”

“What I want, they don’t offer.” He said slyly as they made their way up the stairs to their dorm hall floor.

“I’ll go drop off the stuff in Jaejoong’s room.” Taemin said, gesturing towards the books and clothes he held in his hands.

“What room is he in again?”

“The one at the end of the hall, next to the window on the right.” Kibum said with confidence as they made their way to the floor. “Alright thanks.” He said with a smile as he made his way past his own room and into Jaejoongs room, knocking a few times before being let in.

Junsu opened the door to his room, which was the second closet on the left to the stairs and was nearly tackled to the floor by an excited Yoochun.

‘Please tell me you brought food.’ He whined. He sniffed around his master desperately. Junsu misunderstood his as him being missed and he pet the male werewolf, only to be left confused on the floor as Yoochun sulked off into a corner, whining at the lack of edibles on his master’s person.

Kibum stepped into his room which was the middle one of the five rooms on the right side, and was greeted by a happy Jonghyun who resisted the urge to jump up on Kibum, for fear of being scolded for wrinkling his shirt. The male werewolf was whining softly, crowding by his masters legs.

‘What took you so long?’ he whined.

“Aww what is it Jjong? I didn’t keep you waiting too long did I?” He spoke in a cooing tone, the top of the werewolf’s head softly. He got whining in response and smirked. “This collar is much more stylish.” He said as he examined the black leather. Kibum locked his room door, since he knew his friends were notorious for not knocking.

“However I think it’ll look better off of you and on the floor… what do you think?” the vampire spoke lowly and suggestively, and undid the loops to the only thing that forced the gorgeous male to stay in such an unflattering form.

 

-----------------

Posted: 6/10/2012

I promised you all a longer chapter didn't I? Well here you go. Oh, and guess what? the next chapter? Jongkey. Yup. You've all been warned. Don't read if this type of content bugs you. Don't worry the chapter will totally not affect the story if you don't read it. Whenever I write a chapter of that type, I always make it so it doesn't affect the story in any sense. So who's excited? XD  What did you think of the chapter? Hopefully it was decent, but anywho I'll be seeing you all in the next update, which MIGHT not be tomorrow. that right? Here i go advertising jongkey goodness and I might make you wait a day... or even a few days for you all to actually GET it. OTL you all may start hating me and threatening me to post it up tomorrow LOL. Toodles~