Chapter 24: Snow Falls

From Livid to Loyal

 

‘Those damned animals must be long gone with our meal by now.’ A black wolf with glowing white eyes growled.

‘That’s what it looks like, when I flew around and even with the help of the crystals as lights I couldn’t see any sign of them.’ The white wolf with solid black eyes said in response.

Frustration set in and the black wolf roared loudly into the darkness that surrounded the twosome‘You cowards! Don’t think you’ve escaped us so easily. We will find you!’ Moments afterwards two while wolves, one with red eyes and the other with blue eyes joined them, obviously frustrated with their failed efforts. The vampires and their wolves had escaped them, and with all the shifting they had done, the group was exhausted, and yet they trekked forward to look for a way out with determination and anger set on their features.

~

“Yunho aren’t you cold?” Jaejoong asked as the group moved through almost three feet of snow. The vampires were dressed for the weather, but Yunho was barefoot and only had a thin pair of sweats which were getting soaked from the snow to keep him warmth.

“No, I’m not feeling it yet.”

“I think that’s the problem Yunho.” Kibum added with a small laugh.

“Haha, my body temperature is abnormally warm regardless. My mitochondria are kicking the colds right about now so it feels comfortable for me. Werewolves are born with natural insulation so there is no need to fret over that.”

“But doesn’t the cold bother your wounds?” Jaejoong asked again, looking at his bandages.

Yunho shrugged. “A little bit, but I’ve been through way worse pain before so I just deal with it and tune it out. Do you two have any idea where we are headed?”

The fledglings shrugged. “No, not as of yet. We don’t have any ‘allies’ over here. Our clan is originally from the Oceanside.”

“Really?” Yunho asked with surprise in his voice. “Then your clan has traveled far to settle this far up.” Jaejoong nodded stiffly in response.

“Given the threat that following us, it’s easy to understand why. And I think that’s why we all get sent off to a school, to keep us all in one safe location so we can learn to better defend ourselves. That’s what runs through my mind every time I think about it.” He paused and thought about something before suddenly speaking again. “Kibum do you think they’ll be able to track us since we are all leaving tracks in the snow?” When he didn’t get any response he looked up and around, realizing that Kibum was now walking, or rather sliding his feet as he walked, in front of Jonghyun, breaking through a path for the smaller werewolf so he wouldn’t have to keep hopping through the snow, which nearly enveloped him entirely.

Jaejoong smiled and giggled, nudging Yunho on the arm for him to look at the adorable sight.

“Look Yunho. Isn’t that cute? Key is being nice for once.”

“Indeed he is, but you should hear what the other wolves are saying about them. It’s actually pretty funny. “

“What are they saying?” asked curiously with a smile.

“They’re teasing Jonghyun for his small stature and talking about how they make such a cute couple. Just being guys.” He chuckled with a hint of pride on his face.

“Oh that’s mean, and here we were getting down Key’s back for being mean to Jonghyun.” The fledgling pouted slightly.

“Jonghyun was always made fun of for his height, it’s been like that for a while. It honestly doesn’t bother him anymore, since although he is a little on the short side, he’s a very skilled fighter and can be very intimidating. Earlier he was really just doing that for attention.” He laughed, softly at first, but harder at Jaejoong’s stunned expression to the truth.

“You mean he was just pretending to be upset?”

Yunho nodded with a grin. “He wanted Kibum’s attention. And since he wasn’t getting it, he threw a bit of a subliminal tantrum. Don’t think ill of him for it. Werewolves are very possessive over what they think is theirs, Jonghyun feels that way towards Kibum and actually gets very offended when his attention is elsewhere. Although, I would understand if your friend was actually doing something bad, but he’s just joking around right?”

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong asked with a tilt of his head.

“Key. He doesn’t really swing that way right? I think he knows how Jonghyun acts with him and just enjoys riling him up. It is pretty amusing.”

“Heh… right…” Jaejoong laughed nervously, but changed the subject rather quickly so Yunho wouldn’t notice. “Why is it amusing to watch?”

“Because Jonghyun treats him like that’s his mate or something. Let’s say…you and I were in a relationship.” Yunho started, making Jaejoong jump slightly and break out in a small blush. The idea, even if innocent and hypothetical had his heart racing.

“Let’s say.” Jaejoong said, and continued to listen, trying to calm his heartbeat because he wasn’t all too sure if a werewolf’s hearing could hear things like that.

“Well if you and I were in a relationship, and you acted like Kibum did, my reaction would be very similar, but being that my calling is an Alpha, it would be worse. Way worse. Like…Stereotypical jealous boyfriend worse, except instead of abusing my partner, I would abuse whoever it was they were flirting with, or whoever flirted with them.”

The idea made Jaejoong turn even redder, but Yunho mistook it for him being uncomfortable with the hypotheticals and apologized for making him uncomfortable. “I’m sorry Jaejoong; I didn’t mean to make you feel weird.”

“N-No. No It’s fine, I’m just feeling a bit cold that’s all.” He lied.

“Ah, that explains why your cheeks are so red.” Yunho placed his hand on his face, making Jaejoong flinch and stop walking.  He took that as an opportunity to cup his cheeks in his warm hands, keeping them there and smiling warmly at him. Jaejoong’s face heated up almost immediately, and he wasn’t sure if it was from his emotions or from the werewolf’s hands. He decided that it was Yunho’s warm hands on his face that stirred up emotions in him that made his face burn and he pulled away slowly, bringing his own hands to his face and smiling weakly.

“Wow you really are warm… Oh! Taemin are you okay?!” Jaejoong shouted as Taemin suddenly sunk chest deep into snow.

“I-I’m fine!” He hollered back as he tried to hoist himself out of the hole. Jaejoong saw this as an opportunity to escape Yunho and ran over to help his friend out.

“Thanks Tae.” Jaejoong said as he tried to pull his friend out.

“Your welco- Wait thank for what?” The copper haired boy asked as he was pulled out of the hole.

Junsu’s loud unique laugh was heard before anyone could answer and they turned to see Yoochun crawl out from under a large pile of snow.

“That’s what you get for being nosy and not paying attention to where you’re walking Yoochun.”

Yoochun growled at Junsu and shook all the snow from his fur, storming off to where Changmin and Jinki had stopped to watch.

“What happened Su?” Jaejoong asked as he helped Taemin brush snow off of his clothing.

Between laughed the blond spoke. “Yoochun was paying attention to you and Taemin and walked hard into this tree and was buried in snow. Oh my goodness it was the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen.” By the end of his sentence he was panting and holding his sides.

“Looks like you weren’t the only one who found that to be funny Junsu.” Yunho said as he pointed over to the shivering brown and black mass of fur that was Minho. His head was down towards the snow, and if you didn’t know it, you would swear that by the shaking of his body he was shivering from the cold.

“Is Minho okay?” Taemin asked.

“He’s laughing his off right now and it’s the most interesting thing I’ve ever heard.”  Yunho said with a small laugh.

“How does it sound?” Taemin asked wide-eyed with curiosity.

“It sounds... normal for his voice, but Its so weird to see him laughing at something.”

The cheeriness stopped once Kibum hollered for them at the top of the hill.

“Hey you guys! You won’t believe where we’re going.”

His words were enough to send the wolves and fledglings up to the top of the hill that almost everyone else was halfway down.

“Is that…” Junsu started staring in shock.

“Yup. It most definitely is.” Kibum said with a smirk.

 

-----------

Posted: 6/6/2012

Here is the update you guys, another lighthearted chapter XD. I couldn't resist. Also, kudos to those who figured out it was the therians in the above picture, hopefully now it makes sense =D Anywho. I /think/  the next update is going to be pretty long. THERE WILL ALSO BE A HUGE FREAKING SURPRISE IN THIS STORY THAT MAYBE 90% OF YOU WILL NOT GET.  Lol those who do get it, will understand in the NEXT update :3 But it's a pretty WOAH REALLY?... at least in MY opinion. Either way, I hope you guys have enjoyed it thus far  x3 See you all again soon yeah?