Chapter 35: Time lapse

From Livid to Loyal

 

The weird thing was, she never met up with them for lunch that day. A few days after the proposed impromptu meet up, Minho noticed something strange. He don’t know what possessed him to look up from the feeding trough he was eating from, but he noticed a solid black crow with an open beak staring at him intently as he ate. It gave him chills and he growled slightly before turning his attention back to his food. He stopped mid way when he saw a familiar pair of red eyes staring at him in the pen across from him. His fur bristled and he growled once more, picking up a decent sized hunk of meat from the trough and walking away. As he passed Jinki, Jonghyun, Yoochun and Changmin he muttered softly.

 

‘That wolf I was talking about is in the pen over there across from us. Something isn’t right with her, I swear.’ He grumbled and continued to eat while the two beta males went to eat and investigate this mysterious and strange wolf.

‘Are you positive about your instincts Minho?’ Jinki asked with a tilt of his head.

‘She suddenly pops up after not being seen for three days? How do you explain the fact that she and her master both stood up everyone that time? Everything about her screams wrong.’ He snorted before devouring the last of his meal, the blood soaked snow up as a form of drinking water.

The omega his muzzle because he was hungry, but would wait patiently until after Changmin ate. ‘You might be overreacting though. You said her master was blind right? Maybe she is allowed to eat with her inside for supervision, and maybe said master is shy or embarrassed by her shortcoming of not being able to see.’

‘She got around just peachy without her wolf. They were separated for a long time before Tae and the blind chick found us.’

The Omega’s ears pricked forward as he tilted his head. “And how are you so sure of that?

‘Because she was practically buried under the snow when I went to that abandoned cathedral, that’s why.’

‘But you said she was with Taemin, the vampire. Maybe Her wolf just decided she wanted some time alone and took this as an opportunity.’

‘Jinki stop trying to shut down my instinct with logic because it’s not going to happen.’ The brown and black male snarled.

‘I’m just saying, maybe you’re right, but you have to consider other possibilities before you end up making a huge mistake because of a misunderstanding, that’s all.’

‘Whatever…’ He huffed and plopped down in the snow, watching the white wolf from his position. No one could convince him to change his mind. I bet Yunho would have easily understood.

 

And it turns out he was the only one who did. It took two weeks for his wounds to fully heal up, and he was excited to get out of the room. He and Jaejoong had a little secret though. During his recovery he’d been cuddling up to the fledgling every night. Nothing serious, he just found pleasure in holding Jaejoong to him at night, and the vampire, once having gotten over his fainting spells, seemed to not mind. Now Yunho didn’t know if this was okay or acceptable, but he knew he liked it regardless. There was an attachment there. He also knew that something about this blind vampire and her red-eyed werewolf made his fur stand on end. When the twosome did start joining the others for lunch, or hang outs in the room he and Jaejoong shared, he made sure that his pack didn’t speak much out of term since the blind one could understand their tongue. When it was time for them to go to sleep, he was troubled with thoughts up until Jaejoong laid in bed with him. Everything just shut off during that point and the two of them fell asleep rapidly.

The next day was their first day off of probabtion. It was also the last day that the vampire’s homeroom teacher would stay around, along with her sister. Their job was temporary up in the north as it turned out, their permanent jobs were far south. Yunho was off getting printed and having a last check up with the nurse, along with Kibum who was getting his shot of plasma in his cheek after the cuts everyone thought had fully healed begun to swell up.

‘Even with the other alpha male gone the wolf to human ratio remains the same because that’s who’s guarding one of the fledglings.’ The white wolf with red eyes and a pink nose growled softly to its ‘blind’ owner.

“Patience you fool. Once the two turned vampires leave, we can initiate the plan. I’ve spoken with the Tribunal, the others are coming soon, and when they do, we will eat our fill on the blood of those born with the raw talent in their veins.” The ‘blind’ Therian disguised as a girl smirked. “You need to go inform our close comrades of the good news.”

“How foolish were we to overlook that the barrier only allows canine and humanoid forms through all along? Surely our group will be revered for such a finding.’  The wolf wagged its tail at this thought and the white-eyed therian nodded.

“Purposely simple enough for us to overlook for so long. It may take a year before they can come, during the influx of new fledglings and wolves at the start of their classes. Raises less suspicions.”

‘We need to get rid of the brown and black alpha male. He is a liability. Although it seems the others have seamlessly welcomed us in, he is unwilling to sway into our favor.’

“You just need to be careful then. I have a plan for him to pay for what he did back in their town.”

‘His cousin would have caused the same problem too I bet. But luckily you managed to fix that with the ‘accident’. He was far too wild and aware to ever consider working with us anyway.’

“But turning into a child was far too easy my friend.” The Therian sighed. “He was already irate from the beginning, I just had to give him that simple little push with a ball of all things.” She scoffed.

“I was foolish to believe his relative would be helpful even though you could practically taste his hatred for their race. Mino would have been an ideal ally, but for the most part we have him fooled. He knows your wolven form well enough to have recognized you. Simply disguising your voice was enough to make him doubt himself.”

The wolf snickered and assumed the female traits that had confused Minho.

‘You mean this simple change? How embarrassing that his demise is staring him in the face and because he doesn’t recognize it’s voice, he ignores it. Better for us then yes? Yunho is another big concern of mine though. He doesn’t say much, but I can feel his eyes on us during conversations with others from his group. He’s a wise Alpha.’

“Yes, but attacking him first would be utter stupidity. He has no fear and refuses to go down easily enough. You know first hand what the jaws of a werewolf can do to you. You can’t go changing to anything else while we are in here either, you’ll probably kill yourself this time.”

The wolf shuddered at the memory of trying to turn into something other than a wolf and was met with pain unlike anything it had ever felt.

“Well Kairo, you and Azeth are all set, let Alexandria show you to your dorm. You’re the last group she’ll be ushering off today. Make it special.” The werewolf nurse that dealt with Yunho and the others said with a smile. A white wolf with blue eyes came out first, followed by a tall male with a chiseled jaw and jet black eyes. His most notable feature? His wispy white locks, tied back in a ponytail.  He glanced over at the twosome with a quick knowing smirk, but said nothing as he followed the talkative shorter vampire to find his dorm room.

‘Finally, I thought there was going to be a problem with them registering.’

“Things are going to get a lot more interesting now that the gangs all here. Lets have a little reunion.” The girl smirked, getting up to leisurely follow behind the quickly disappearing group down the hall. The four had gotten in without much fuss and now it was time to set the tone for everything to all into place.

 

--------------------

Posted: 02/15/2013

 Oh... well will you look at that plot twist. Hopefully You guys remember everything that happened in the first chapter. And hopefully you like this chapter too. Hopefully. As I said on my profile. I am NOT giving up on any of my fanfics. I promise, so if someone tells you I've abandoned them, it's simply not true D=. In the mean time I hope you continue to support this story and stick by me. Upvote it if you think others should read it, share it with those that might be interested.  I want to thank you all for being so nice and patient with me these past few months <3 You guys are the best. Also, I don't know if you all will be interested in this, but I really do want feedback on this story here that I'm also working on. Its Exo related, and I don't know how many yunjae, jongkey, yoosu and 2min readers out there are interested in exo, let alone exo with an OC. But if you do like it, feel free to show it some love, if not It's fine. Sorry to ramble on so much, I will see you in the next update which I PROMISE. Will be this month. See you all soon <3