Chapter 15: Eyes Like Ice, White as Snow

From Livid to Loyal

 

“Don’t look at me like that Jjong. Don’t you dare look at me that way.” The vampire said as he marched his way through the people. Jonghyun was the smallest of the wolves and other than Jinki was the least intimidating of them, so people didn’t freak out as much as Kibum knew that they were freaking out about Minho and Yunho since they were the largest. Junsu was probably going to have the biggest reaction because he had not one, but two wolves wandering about with him. And they were both pretty large as well.

The beta male growled at Kibum in response.

“Whatever if you’re going to have that attitude about it then whatever, I’ve made it very obvious that I don’t give a . It wasn’t relevant so therefore if you little ego is hurt it’s on you. I don’t have time for this nonsense.” He huffed with a roll of his eyes. There was no interaction between the two other than that for a while, until Kibum was confronted by a tall flirtatious vampire in front of the store.

“Why hello there Youngmin. Don’t you look absolutely delicious? How is everything?” Kibum asked once he was stopped.

“Wondering when the next time we were going to play is.”

Jonghyun growled at his statement and the sound made the other vampire look down and back away.

 Kibum shoved Jonghyun with his boot. “You stop that right now Jonghyun.”

The werewolf just snarled angrily at the other male which made him run off in fear. He may have been smaller than the other wolves, but he was still a threat and could still easily damage a vampire without much trouble. Kibum huffed angrily.

“Goddamnit Jonghyun what is it? Are you going to forever be the now? Stop scaring all the cuties away.” He nearly yelled, and although it was bad enough that people were already looking at the two for being there at all Kibum was making a bit of a scene. Any normal person would have felt embarrassed, but this was Kim mothering Kibum and he did exactly what he would normally do in this situation. “What the are you all staring at? I know I look good but damn more than half of ya’ll are women and the rest of you are way under aged or too old. I don’t want any of you so do yourselves a favor and go on about your business.” And with that he stormed into the store not even holding it open for Jonghyun who was now left to sit outside with the vampires.

‘This is complete and utter bull. Who the hell does he think he is? That prick.’ Jonghyun growled to himself and huffed, lying down in the snow, watching people skirt around him and stare. He didn’t really care though, since his thoughts were elsewhere.

‘Why does he feel it’s okay to make himself so easy for everyone? I understand that he’s allowed to showcase himself, but you don’t give up everything you have to someone you aren’t with.’

‘Well aren’t you a hypocrite for saying that?’A white raven with blue eyes and a pale pink beak said from on top of a lamp post.

‘Wha- Who are you?’ The wolf asked with a tilt of his head as he sat up. He didn’t pay mind to the fact that he was talking to a bird, and a bird of a color he had never seen before.

‘I’ve seen you before. I know the kind of person that you are. You and the vampire you speak so ill of are one in the same when it comes to quick romps with strangers and those you don’t care about. But you seem bored. He will be in there for a while and I know you’re upset with him. Why don’t you come with me for a moment? I can show you an amazing view of the entire town.’

 Jonghyun considered this for a moment, but he felt the strong need to stay put so with a shake of his head he responded ‘No thanks. I’m supposed to sit here and wait for him. Maybe some other time, it’s a part of an exam we have to partake in and I don’t want to screw up and have him pissed at me.’ He said with a chuckle.

‘Have you looked inside the store yet? From what I can see he’s none too concerned about you or the exam you have going on.’

Jonghyun turned around to see Kibum in the store making out blatantly with the clerk behind the desk and it was getting hot and heavy. This made anger bubble deep down inside the werewolf and he let out a low menacing growl of anger. ‘Well if he’s not concerned about it then neither am I. Show me where it is you want me to go.’ He said as he walked towards the lamp post.

‘Meet me around the corner then and you’ll be shown the way.’

And with that the bird took off nearly blending in with the clouds. Jonghyun looked up and followed  the direction it flew in, completely unaware of the scene he thought he saw of Kibum kissing the store clerk fade, revealing the black curtain on the windows that were used to prevent the natural light from coming in and fading the fabric.

Once he made it around the corner he saw further down the alleyway a white canine form with bright light blue eyes looking at him with a slight wag of its tail.

‘Jonghyun was it? I’m the Raven’s friend. In fact it was me that wanted to show you the way, but I’m actually quite shy. We need to move quickly so the vampires don’t freak out. If you can’t keep up, you’re going to miss out on a wonderful view!’  There was a giggle and it took off. Jonghyun wanted to ask questions but when it took off he found himself running after it out of instinct.

 

--------------

Posted: 5/30/2012

Here is update number 2~ Expect the third one real soon and leave your thoughts in the comment box. ALSO:

I need one more vampire character for a cameo appearance in the school. It's first come first serve so. If you want to have a character or use yourself in the story don't forget to write on my wall about it or message me <3 See you all again soon.