Chapter 18: Massacre and Urgency

From Livid to Loyal

 

Minho turned around to see two large bears barreling down the pathways, swiping and crushing anyone that they came in contact with. One of the bears was solid black with pure white eyes that lacked pupils; the other was pure white with a familiar pink nose and red gaze.  Its claws were also a translucent white which made Minho have a brief flashback of his previous encounter with a creature bearing similar features. He looked back to see if Taemin was still there but he was nowhere in sight. Minho wondered if that was a good thing or not. People ran around the male terrified for their lives, ignoring the fears they had that were once directed towards him. He wasn’t exactly scared of them, a bit surprised and confused, but he was never the type to scare easily. It was his pride and stubbornness that granted him that. The white bear stopped in front of him, drooling and angry, grunting and snorting, causing clouds of smoke to puff out from its pink nostrils.

‘What’s going on here?’ He asked with his lips curled up in a silent slight snarl.

‘We’re just getting what we want. I told you before, you all have something that we want. I told you I would grant you your freedom if you left the vampire alone.’

Minho remembered the conversation in its entirety. ‘And as I recall, you also told me my brother was killed, they were feeding him to me and that Taemin was in on it. All three of those things proved to be lies. So tell me why I should believe you? Why should I let you go about your little rampage on the town if I can’t trust a word you have to say?’ Minho tilted his head, and his response raised a growl from the bear who clicked its teeth, exposing its under bite.

‘What makes you think my words weren’t true wolf?’

Minho growled back but turned his attention to the post that had his dead cousin hanging from it. The bears looked where he was staring.

‘As you can see…I’m not sure if you’re aware of this fact or not, but we can identify our kind. Sure, he may bear resemblance to my brother, as do I, however that wolf up there? That’s a cousin of mine. One I didn’t care about. He still has all his meat, and he isn’t decapitated. And most important of all he isn’t my brother, but don’t try and convince me that my brother is dead and they just so happened to catch my cousin as well because this area hasn’t had talent bound vampires in over twenty years. My brother is only twenty and took his place to deal with the vampires so he could stay with the pack. He is an alpha, so him deciding that he suddenly wanted to come up and do this is impossible when he had to be a leader back at home.’

The white bear chuckled in amusement at Minho. ‘It seems as though I misjudged you. But regardless of the past, the offer in regards to your freedom still stands.’

‘Why are you reasoning with the beast?’ the black bear asked in irritation, but before the other one could respond Minho spoke up.

‘I don’t know what type of trick you tried playing on me the last time, but once you mess with the trust of the wolf, it’s almost impossible to get it back. Also I heard a very interesting story about you guys, and I’m almost positive it’s referring to you. You want the talented vampires don’t you? That’s why you didn’t want me to kill Taemin. Well I have got a newsflash for you, and you’re relative. If anyone is going to end that pathetic little blood er’s life, it’s going to be me.’ He snarled menacingly.

‘Well it was your screw up that made this necessary today. Or did you forget you led the wrong wolf away?’

‘You told me there were four wolves. I led one away and you failed to correct me when you led the other away.’

‘I wasn’t aware of the fifth young one being there if you didn’t notice.’ The white one hissed.

‘What do you mean lead the wrong wolf away?’ Minho growled.

The bears turned their attention from each other, smirking in a truly animal way before the white one spoke to him again. ‘Well you know what we want obviously, and you could see how your kind would pose a slight problem. So we simply get rid of the problem. And seeing as how you are now going to be a problem, I say that we take care of you before you further become a nuisance.’ And as the bear said this he lumbered over towards Minho, swiping at him.

The wolf was prepared for this and bounded back. Now that he knew what they were after he would have to beat them to the punch. He took off running in the direction Taemin ran in, hoping to find him before they did. He knew he could easily outrun the bear, and knew they most likely figured he just turned tail to save himself from their destruction. He ran and ran not exactly knowing where the post office was, but he didn’t need to find it, because he saw Jaejoong on his back, smack-dab in the middle an all-white Mountain Lion with solid black eyes ready to pounce, and a frightened Taemin who was probably going to do something foolish to save his friend… or piss his pants in fear and get them both killed. No one noticed Minho and he took advantage of that and charged at the Mountain Lion, startling the feline and making it jump away, putting more distance between him and Jaejoong.  The Mountain Lion was smaller in stature and overall size than Minho so he knew he would be able to handle it if it came to fighting.

 Taemin immediately called over Jaejoong and he could hear the fledgling running to his younger friend. Taemin called out to Minho a few times but the werewolf ignored him. He was currently in a stare-down with the feline and knew whoever broke eye contact first would be the one already forfeited the match. They stared each other down for a few minutes and with a low rumble the wild cat took off in the opposite direction, bounding up one of the houses, digging its claws into its wooden surface before disappearing over the roof. Minho turned quickly to the two vampires and growled at them before making his move towards one of the narrow pathways. He wanted them to follow him, and they did. The screams they heard were off into the distance and far from them, leaving an eerie underlying tone of quiet as they tried moving quickly, following the werewolf.

“We need to find Junsu and Key.” Taemin suggested.

“What about the wolves? Yunho’s missing.” Jaejoong said quickly.

“What? What do you mean missing?”

“I went in to get our books and when I had come out, Yunho was gone and that creepy black eyed mountain lion came after me.”

Minho had thought about what was being said and tried to piece together everything that was happening. It seemed like they were being set up.  ‘Damn it! If only I could freaking talk to them!’ He growled. As they ran down, a small faint whining could be heard from nearby. Minho stopped, skidding to a halt, causing the other two vampires to nearly stumble over him.

“Why did you stop Minho?” Taemin asked as he watched his werewolf sniff abound and listen for the sounds. Minho began to paw at a closed door when he found the one that the whining was coming from behind. “You want me to open it?” Taemin asked going to the door.

“Don’t you open that goddamn door Lee Taemin!” It was the commanding voice of Kibum that made the younger vampire flinch away from it. He was bleeding from claw marks on his face and looked pissed off. By his side was Jonghyun.

“Key!” the two vampires yelled in unison before running over to him. “Key what happened to your face? What’s going on?” Taemin asked, fear obvious in his voice.

“Oh well I see Minho is still with you. Unlike this little prick over here who had the audacity to chase after some while I was actually being productive.” The wolf growled angrily at Kibum.

‘And yet it was your easy that was making out with the ing clerk behind the counter.’

‘Why the hell does that even matter? It’s his business, not yours.’

Minho stopped paying attention to Jonghyun the minute Kibum started talking again. “Which brings me to this.” He spat venomously, pointing at his wounds. “That little attacked me. ing jumped at me when I started screaming for Jonghyun to get his little back over to me. Little did the furry know that I’m not the one to be ed with and you never, ever touch my face. So after thoroughly getting its kicked I had the clerk give me some material to tie it with and I tossed it into that house and shut the door. Next thing I knew, everything went to and people are running and screaming for no goddamn reason. I mean I had already gotten the mutt under control, why would people still be freaking out about it?”

‘First of all, I wasn’t trying to hump the animal. I’m not even sure if it was a female or not. They were just going to show me around for a little bit, I saw Kibum making out instead of picking up the clothes when he was supposed to, so I wasn’t going to just sit there and wait for him to get off and get out.’

‘We have an issue on our hands right now. A big issue. And so far it seems like there are four of them here.’

‘Four of what Minho?’

‘I have no time to explain, but if you’re okay that must mean the other wolves are fine. We need to find Jinki though. That ‘wolf’ you were following was more than likely not a wolf, but instead some creature that lives off of vampire blood and specifically wants talent bound fledgling blood. Right now we are down three wolves, including an alpha, and we missing one vampire. If we just stay here we will be sitting ducks and essentially dangling their quarry in front of their faces. We need to get to Jinki and have him explain the situation to them because they don’t know that the wolf, the bears and mountain lion they were seeing were actually out for them specifically, then we need to figure out where Yunho, Changmin and Yoochun are and have people out there finding Junsu. The quicker we do that the quicker we save everyone now get their attention and move your !’ he snapped, not out of anger, but out of urgency, asserting his dominance as a command.

The boys turned their attention to the wolves and watched as Minho took off, Jonghyun following close behind. “We need to follow them Key.” Taemin said and ran after the wolves.

“What the hell is going on?” Kibum asked in exasperation to Jaejoong who was slowly beginning to follow Taemin.

“Apparently there are a few strange wild animals running loose here. I was attacked by an oddly colored mountain Lion and Yunho went missing before it happened... I’m worried about him Key. And Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin are missing too. I think the wolves know where they are.” He took off after them leaving his older friend to follow afterwards.

Minho made his way to the plaza and it looked like a war field. Bodies littered the streets and there was blood pooling everywhere. He heard the younger vampires Gasp as they came up behind him.

“Oh My God.” Taemin said covering his mouth with his hands as the sight. Mutilated children, women and men were everywhere, some were dismembered, others disemboweled. But all of them were dead.

“What the hell happened here?” Kibum said in shock.

‘What the is going on here Minho.’ Jonghyun asked.

Minho noticed tracks. Bear tracks. ‘.’ He snarled. ‘Bears. Those damned things. The things that drove the vampires up here in the first place. That’s what’s going on. We need to get to the house. I heard they have a secret hidden passage there that they hide the vampires in case of an attack. We need to get to the house, find Jinki and tell them what’s going on before everyone here dies.’

After speaking he took off in the direction that led directly north, towards the manor. Wolves had an exception sense of direction, and he made sure to keep track of the path they took from the house to the plaza out of instinct.  The vampires followed behind him, hopping over bodies and avoiding the puddles of blood so they didn’t track the snow with fresh blood that hadn’t already settled into the snow, dyeing it. The closer they got to the house the louder the screams were and the more people they saw running in panic. That’s when Minho saw them. The black and white bear charging about biting and tearing into people, blood coating most of their bodies as they lapped it up from the gushing corpses. Taemin screamed loudly at sight of his kind being slaughtered and immediately Key pulled him and Jaejoong back into the alley covering Taemin’s mouth. Minho knew he had to find another way around.

‘Those damned vampires are hiding. The stupid fool had to go and start the attack early, throwing everyone into a premature panic. Where are the other two?’ The black bear said to the white one as they slowly lumbered off without a care in the world.

‘Are those them Minho?’ Jonghyun whispered.

‘Don’t talk, they understand our language, and that white one knows what I sound like and it knows my name. We need to find another way around.’

He said, backtracking and turning down the first corner he saw. After running straight he found himself at the eastern most wall and decided to follow it till they reached the northern wall where the house was.  As they ran though the street, loud banging against one of the doors could be heard, along with a soft grunting. Jonghyun recognized the vocals almost immediately. ‘That’s Yunho!’ He practically yipped and ran over to the door whining. ‘Yunho is that you?’

‘Jonghyun thank goodness. What’s going on out there?’ the Alpha asked. Minho and Jonghyun began pawing at the door for someone to open it, and Kibum obliged, cautiously of course, and Yunho sprang out, startling the vampires. However, once Jaejoong saw the flash of black fur he gasped and ran over “Yunnie! Oh my goodness Yunnie you’re safe!” Throwing himself onto the wolf and wrapping his arms around his neck.

‘Yunnie?’ The wolves said in unison.

‘Don’t you guys start… What’s going on?’ He asked as Jaejoong pulled away, hearing them whine, grumble and growl in conversation.

‘There isn’t much time to explain, but there are creatures here, two bears a mountain lion and a wolf-’

‘A white wolf with gorgeous blue eyes.’ Jonghyun added.

‘Whatever but they’re here and they’re killing everyone in search of the vampires. We need to get to Jinki and-’

Their conversation was cut off by a loud feline roar, and a snarl.

‘Speaking of the devils. Those wouldn’t happen to be the ones you’re mentioning right?’ Yunho asked as he bared his teeth in aggression. ‘Actually that white mountain lion looks similar to this wolf that locked me in there in the first place. They had the same alien eyes.

‘You fool. We are one and the same.’The big cat snarled.

‘Okay. Minho, take the vampires and go where you said you needed to go alright? You claim that they are what these animals want right? Keep them away for as long as you can, and Jonghyun and I will buy you guys some time. Or kill them. Whichever one comes first.’ The alpha said while growling. Jonghyun stood next to his alpha without a word, ready to protect and defend like he was supposed to.

Minho began to back up without a word, and tugged on Kibum’s jeans to let him know to follow him.

“Wait. What about Yunho?!”

“Come on Jaejoong, Obviously something is going on here and they want us to follow Minho. Yunho will be fine. Jonghyun will be too. You hear me you short bastard?!” he shouted. “If you die you can kiss this goodbye. You hear?”

“But I don’t want to leave him here. What if he gets hurt?” The raven haired vampire said with tears b in his eyes, but letting Kibum pull him away.

“That comes with the territory Jae. That’s why we have them here. Now come on, Yunho will be pissed if he defended you only to have you die. Plus you will only make his job tougher so come on.” He tugged hard on his arm and broke into a sprint, making Jaejoong follow him. Yunho’s ears twitched as the footsteps grew further and further away from them.

He snorted at Jonghyun. ‘Mind explaining to me what he meant by that Jonghyun?’

‘Not at all Yunho.’ He chuckled. ‘Tell you what. If we survive this, I’ll tell you. Deal?’

‘What are you so sure that we’re going to die?’ Yunho asked dramatically.

‘No. But it should give you more motivation to win this fight.’ He teased. All four of the animals growled lowly and menacingly in a standoff.

‘You know. I’m going to have to kill you for ruining my masters most prized possession right? Now I’m going to have to hear him about how his face might scar and that it was my entire fault.’ And without another word, he lunged forward, teeth bared and mouth wide.

In the distance Minho could hear the sounds of yowling, yelping and fighting, making his ears twitch.

‘You better not die Yunho. I have you on my list of things to kill as well.’

 

--------------

Posted: 3/31/2012

THIS WAS NOT EVEN PROOFREAD. I haven't even READ this chapter so I'm not even sure if its good or makes ANY sense So fingers crossed on THAT note. You wanted a longer chapter? well here you go. PLEASE COMMENT. FEEDBACK ON THIS CHAPTER WOULD BE NICE. Honestly. Anywho. that was... a lot of stuff happening right? I really hope I didn't screw it up. but... regardless thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting. I love you guys~ See you all in the next update.