Chapter 4: Foreshadowing

From Livid to Loyal

 

To say that the wolves were given wary looks come dinner time was a bit of an understatement. The child vampires were not allowed to roam the large community house while they were out and about, and the adults all flocked to the area where their talent bound teenagers were to make sure nothing went wrong. There were ‘accidents’ before and the vampires were still fine-tuning a system in which pet and master were both alive and well without incident. So far though, that hasn’t exactly been able to happen. It wasn’t that the group wasn’t well behaved, considering the circumstances, they ate without too much of a fuss, but there was a lot of growling being done and aggression being shown. Especially from the muzzled one who refused to behave so he could eat. In fact this was the real reason there were six adult vampires in the room. Taemin, the youngest of the four by only a few months was trying to talk his way through to the big menacing canine who kept warning him with a low growl.

“Come on Minho… I don’t want you to starve. Please stop growling to you can eat…” He pleaded with scared and worried eyes. All he got in response was a growl and a slight lip curl. It didn’t really scare Taemin as much anymore since that was all he did for the past few hours. Glare and growl. He sighed. “Jinki, he won’t stop growling. How am I supposed to feed him if he keeps threatening me?”

Jinki was by Taemin’s side and adjusting the pair of sweats they had set out for him for the day. Although he could stay as a human and eat what they ate, he chose to eat with his pack, even though he wasn’t allowed to touch his food until the alpha finished his meal.

“Take a chunk of meat and shove it in his cheek like this. If he wants to act like a baby, treat him like one.” He demonstrated what he meant and pinned his muzzle shut with his hands, causing Minho to struggle and attempt to escape his grip, but failing since the werewolf kept him in place. Jinki may have been an omega, but he was only gentle and submissive by requirement and basically birthright. He was just as strong and capable as the others, mostly because his pack was pretty lenient with the pecking order, treating everyone as a big family, establishing a hierarchy but not letting it rule over them too strictly. He took a chunk of cubed meat and slid it between the lips of the wolf, pushing it into his far into his cheek; letting bits of it get stuck in the gaps of his fangs along the way so he would have no choice but to taste the flavor and be more likely to cooperate.

 Minho, who began growling angrily, started thrashing about again in protest but couldn’t really do much about the situation. Jinki released him and spoke to him.

“If you don’t want to have to be fed this way for the rest of your life and have the other wolves ridicule you I suggest you just be on your best behavior so you can at least eat with dignity. Come on Minho, I can see you salivating, the food is good and you know it. You can hate whoever you want, but if you get weak you won’t be much of a threat to anyone now will you? And soon the little vampire children will tug on your ears and pull on your tail because the vicious Minho is lacking in protein so his muscles have deteriorated making him as vicious as a door mat; which the children will also use you as. Is that what you want to be known as? Minho the Living Door Mat? Jinki gave him a smile and chuckled. The wolf’s eyes narrowed but the growling stopped.

‘Way to make him see the light Jinki.’ Changmin said, looking at the situation unfolding while his chops.

“Thank you Changmin.” He said without looking away from the wolf in front of him, not making direct eye contact with him, but looking at him none the less. “So will you let Taemin take the muzzle off of you without trying to lunge at him afterwards? Because if you do lunge, I will catch you. And then you will have to deal with those three more aggressive wolves all at once, and I can tell you right now, them plus the already on edge adult vampires standing behind us over there, mean the odds aren’t in your favor.”

Minho clearly looked like he was thinking over the situation. He may have been strong-willed and stubborn, but he wasn’t stupid. He couldn’t kill a vampire or two if he was dead. There would be other opportunities, and he knew if he played nice for the most part, he wouldn’t be muzzled, and if he didn’t need to be muzzled it meant he could snap when they least expected it. Finding that he was pleased with the logic in his mind, he nodded his head slightly and moved over to the skittish Taemin who backed up a few inches in a bit of a panic.

Oh you are going to make this so easy.Minho thought wickedly to himself. Fear was the greatest enemy to prey, it made them impulsive and usually made them vulnerable, which was exactly what Minho liked.

“Don’t worry Taemin, he wants you to take the muzzle off. He’s agreed to the terms of the arrangement. And don’t worry even if he hasn’t, and he does try something, Yunho will be itching to get at him for disobeying him.”

“Jinki you’re supposed to be making the situation better, not making him want to piss his pants in fear.”

“Shut up Key!” Taemin whined in frustration at his friend’s words, which made him blush. Slowly and shakily he touched the leather restraint and waited for something to happen with his eyes shut tight and a cringe on his face. When nothing happened, he peeked through one eye and sighed in relief. He then began undoing  the straps and buckles, sliding it off and bolting away behind the adult vampires almost immediately after, leaving Minho a little dumbfounded at just how quickly the boy moved. They weren’t kidding when they said the young were powerful. Catching him might be a problem if he wasn’t ready for it. But as of right now Minho was celebrating some on the inside because he finally got that damned contraption off of him.

He stood up, shook his fur and yawned, stretching his jaw muscles and flashing his fangs at everyone, something only a wolf with the need to establish dominance would need to do. Jinki was happy that the Yunho was too busy eating to pay attention to it, but he already had an inkling that like their previous acquaintance, this wolf was also an alpha and suddenly, Jinki wished he could just slip the muzzle back on him for the sake of…everyone

Minho immediately made his way over to his food and began chowing down. That caught Yunho’s attention and he stopped eating to observe this bold movement.

‘What are you doing?’ Yoochun asked immediately, a bit baffled.

‘I’m not a part of your pack; I can eat whenever I want to.’

‘Actually no, this is the new pack, and Yunho is the leader of it.’

Minho ignored Yoochun and continued eating, only to get interrupted by Jonghyun.

‘Hey Minho, If you didn’t know, the Alpha eats first.’

‘I know. That’s exactly why I’m eating right now.’

Wrong move Minho.Jinki said quickly in his head before shifting back into his canine form to try and stop the confrontation that was quickly happening.

 

-------------------

Posted: 5/23/2012

Minho... you so bold XD Anyways, here is the next update~ Expect another one today. Also MissRAWR is my 200th subscriber. So that means she gets the oppertunity for the Cameo appearance in the story as a werewolf or vampire. That is... if she gets back to me. Otherwise it'll go to the story's 20th subscriber~ But yeah, Congrats~ and thank you for reading everyone! See you all soon.