Chapter 22: Bold Request

From Livid to Loyal

 

The wolves and vampires found themselves rushing in a hushed almost organized panic down a stone spiral staircase in the near darkness and everything seemed to be going fine, but Yunho took a tumble down most of the way, his hind legs hind legs suddenly giving out on him. Yoochun darted down after him, as did the other wolves Jaejoong screamed but was hushed by his father immediately. When the vampires got to the bottom, Yunho was struggling to stand up, leaning on the other wolves for support. Jinki was lapping at his wounds, clearing them of blood and whining softly at his leader, but stopped when Jaejoong ran over, concern and fear plain on his pale face.

“Yunho… Yunho let me carry you.” He said, stretching out his hands towards his wolf. Yunho just growled at Jaejoong, making him pull back, He felt a little bad for making Jaejoong think he did something wrong, but that was the negative side of being an alpha, as long as his body was still able to, he would have to move through the pain, otherwise he would appear weak, and a weak alpha means a disrespectful pack, and the opportunity of a takeover. He knew his pack wouldn’t have thought any less of him for being carried around, but Minho being here meant that he would have to decline every offer until he physically couldn’t manage anymore. Jaejoong’s father approached them and looked at his son and the wolves.

“What seems to be the problem? Is he okay?”

“Yunho won’t let me carry him.”

The Vampire looked into the eyes of the wolf and saw sheer determination; he understood. Placing his hand on his son’s shoulder he sighed slightly, chuckling a bit. “My son, you have here a proud alpha male werewolf. He refuses to allow his pack to see him being babied. It is the pride and determination of men that flows through him and I share his sentiments. If he truly needs the help he will accept it when offered, until then, don’t get offended. You did nothing wrong.” He smiled at Yunho for a moment who thanked him silently with a stiff wag of his tail. Clearing his throat and turning serious he spoke. “Regardless, don’t let your pride end up making you a burden Yunho. We need to meet with the others at the rendezvous point and see if Kibum’s mother can do something about stopping the bleeding.”

“I can already tell you that it might be a bit impossible, my mom hasn’t messed with animal wounds before.”

“It only needs to be a simple disinfectant and maybe even some bandaging. It looks like he’s got blood dripping from his chest as well.”

“Are you sure you’ll be okay Yunnie?” Jaejoong asked with worry on his face. The black wolf responded with a slight whine and another stiff wag of his tail.”

“Well we mustn’t linger for too long who knows how long it’ll be until they find us. Which they eventually will.”

With that being said the group began to move out from the stairwell and into a colossal cave filled with luminescent crystals that provided natural yet ethereal lighting, some as small as mouse and others as large as the elephant that pursued them, the fledglings and wolves were in awe at the mystical sight. Jaejoong’s father wasn’t kidding when he said it was a labyrinth. The walls were at least fifteen, maybe twenty feet high.  And there were four different directions one could take from the start; it was easy to see how one could get lost.

The moisture from the cave dulled the sense of smell of the wolves and although this worried them, their hearing would definitely be able to alert them of any footsteps of a careless creature that wasn’t privy to the acoustics that resided in caves. This would also work in reverse for the Therians, so they all understood careful steps would need to be taken. Jaejoong’s father took the lead with the fledglings behind him, the adult vampires behind them, and the werewolves trailing in the back. No one spoke during the entire trip which took maybe twenty minutes, once they got to the rendezvous point some of the young fledglings ran over to their friends and family members in a quiet bittersweet reunion. Key’s mother and a few of the other adult vampires were tending to wounds, and handing out small baggies of blood.

“Mom.” Kibum said in a loud hushed whisper, immediately getting the attention of the tall slender woman whose face changed from one etched with worry to one of pure relief at the sight of her son. She ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

“I’m so glad you are all safe my sweet little Kibummie.” She cooed.

“Mom…” Key whined softly, a little annoyed at her calling him that in front of everyone, but glad to be hugging his mother nonetheless. They embraced for a moment longer before he pulled away. “Mom one of the wolves got seriously injured earlier. Can you please take a look at him and see if you can help him out?”

“It wasn’t Jonghyun was it?” She asked.

Kibum shook his head. “No. Jonghyun… Actually… Jjong come here I haven’t gotten a good look at you.” He said, and slowly Jonghyun made his way over, a bit unwilling to leave the trembling Yunho’s side, but was generally unscathed.

“Thank goodness he’s okay. Wait… You didn’t turn tail and run away from the fight and leave Yunho to deal with them on his own did you?” His voice went flat suddenly. Jonghyun growled in response to Kibum’s accusing words.

“Don’t get an attitude with me!” He said in a whispered shout. “I’m just making sure. Anyways mom, it’s Yunho. He’s hurt pretty bad.”

“Yunho? He’s which one again?”

Yunho moved forward on unsteady paws towards the twosome, followed by his pack. Minho lingered behind, away from everyone for a moment, before suddenly finding himself following. Kibum’s mother gasped and covered when she examined the deep gashes on Yunho that were right above his tail base. The also took notice of the bite on the back of his neck and the scratches on his side. That wound, although angry looking and a bit inflamed, wasn’t bleeding which means it wasn’t exactly new.

“It’s going to be hard to bandage and disinfect it with all that fur.” She admitted dejectedly. Yunho looked from her to his omega and spoke with a small sigh.

‘Jinki. Tell them I need to take my collar off.’

 

----------------

Posted: 6/4/2012

Short chapter on purpose for OBVIOUS reasons. Ooo Yunho. What a request XD  Do you think they're going to allow it? WHo knows~ I've been known to crush dreams in my writing XD BUT although I might not update again for the night, I'm going to get startedo n the next chapter which might not be posted until late tomorrow...maybe, I dunno. Anywho~ This story has almost 80 subscribers which is byfar the MOST any of what i've written has ever gotten. Unwillingly Yours is a close second with 76. but I ramble (what else is new?) See you all again in the next update =D